• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

DSDark

Breeder
No DP Remakes are confirmed. So stop saying they will

No DP remakes is not confirmed at all. There's no information either way about whether there will or will not be DP remakes.

However there more then likely will be DP remake because they will sale and Gamefreak will make money.

Also with Dexit it will give pokemon company the chance to put pokemon in the DP remakes that were not in SwSh

D

Deleted member 384931

No DP remakes is not confirmed at all. There's no information either way about whether there will or will not be DP remakes.

However there more then likely will be DP remake because they will sale and Gamefreak will make money.

Also with Dexit it will give pokemon company the chance to put pokemon in the DP remakes that were not in SwSh
I agree with that. They will come, just started speculating when they are officially announcing

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
If it's DLC, I'd rather Pokemon go for the Obsidian route and give us 4-5 large story packs set on these "mini regions" full of post-game challenges that further expands upon the lore. Maybe they could take some inspiration from Ireland.

A bit like the Sevii Islands then?

Rather than Ireland (cause that could be it's whole own region in the far future and seems a bit big for a side region) they could base them off of parts of the UK that aren't part of the island of Great Britain, such as The Isle of Man, the Channel Islands (which could include the Sea Spirts Den from Kalos), the Hebrides, Northen Ireland, the Isle of White and etc.

They could each have at least one gym per expansion, giving more than 8 gyms overall and there could be a few new regional forms for each island, like tail-less skitty inspired by Manx cats for example.

That said, I kinda doubt that they would as they seem to be stuck in the rut of a new set of games every year which unless the hire a lot more people (which they seem reluctant to do, looking at their excuses for dexit etc) would take up the majority of the staff and not leave many people to develop DLC islands.

SurrealistSmeargle

I agree with that. They will come, just started speculating when they are officially announcing
Given that part of the reasoning for Alolan forms appeared to be to add under-represented types to the Kanto dex for the Let's Go games (adding generally more Dark and Steel and adding Ice and Rock types that weren't Ice/Water and Rock/Ground respectively), it's not unreasonable to suggest that Galarian forms could cater to a similar role in whatever the next remake could be. The most logical options at the moment are D/P in an ORAS-style, or G/S in a Let's Go style, so I don't see any reason to not speculate as though those are a viable possibility, when they could give clues to the content of these games. That said, Zigzagoon wouldn't appear in either the Johto or Sinnoh dex (unless they expanded the latter), so perhaps a similar reasoning isn't as directly applicable this time, but also there was no lack of Psychic-types in Kanto to justify Alolan Raichu, so it's all speculative. It's just something to bare in mind.

DSDark

Breeder
I wonder if most of the Galarian forms are of Johto Pokemon to cater towards a hypothetical Let's Go Johto games?

Right now no Johto have been given Galarian forms. However if let's go johto is a thing then yes we could see a majority of galarian forms be from johto

Ning

Not necessarily. We could get a sinnoh situation where there is only a couple.

I really disliked DP for that reason. Flint using 1 fire type..... I mean really? Platinum was fine though.

Anyways, while certainly possible, for speculating purposes Fire is probably the best bet for guessing which more we’ll see. And while they certainly could (and probably will? Though they do have roly who could evolve into a fire type) add a new Fire type that lives in the mountains, we don’t have a fire type that lives in a mountainous area and there’s tons of them. I’d expect at least 1 family of mountain/lava fire types.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I wouldn't mind if the game went the assassins creed odyssey way and gave some free missions for us to play with like more info on a specific character for each mission.
I was thinking more like Fallout New Vegas DLC, actually good DLC that's worth the price. Bank Robberies, Tribal wars, Cheesy Science Fiction, and the epic western starring just your rival and you entering a vast deserted area alone.

No. That's a paddlin' The Republic of Ireland's representation in the Pokemon universe is Not going to be "England's Post Game"

As AgentKallus pointed out there are enough minor islands that belong to the UK that could serve a function like that.
I wasn't thinking of like that. I was thinking more like exploring a different land under a different theme that's a seperate entity from Galar, a mini-region seperate from Galar if you will. For example, another idea I had in mind for post-game DLC is Brittany which is a part of France or one of the Scandinavian Countries.

Kangaflora

If there is a Diamond and Pearl remake, then the Sinnoh Regional Pokédex will definitely be reworked to include Heatran, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus and will more likely move around some of the Pokémon within Platinum's Pokédex so that the Sinnoh Pokémon follow through with the National Pokédex Numbers as well. And speaking of National Dex numbers, we already know that Grooky, Scorbunny and Sobble will be 810, 813 and 816 respectively.

Ning

While I’d like going to a different area, if they add something that is “free” (I think there’s a sub needed for Nintendo online though correct?), I imagine it will just use the existing zones, particularly the wild areas. (I.e. far cheaper).

I’m thinking like how Niantic does the Pokémon Go events. Just increased spawns of certain Pokémon, shinies, etc.

Obviously a different monetization style game, but still, the events are free.

Say, have a month-long event in the winter where you can do online raid battles to get a shiny Abomasnow.

Orphalesion

I wasn't thinking of like that. I was thinking more like exploring a different land under a different theme that's a seperate entity from Galar, a mini-region seperate from Galar if you will. For example, another idea I had in mind for post-game DLC is Brittany which is a part of France or one of the Scandinavian Countries.

Which unless it's getting its own League, Starters, Professor, Player Characters, Storyline at an equal length to Galar and Pokemon would still make it "England's Postgame" and that's not how Ireland is going to enter the Pokeverse. No.N.O.
Also Brittany is already part of Kalos, like literally, Geosenge Town is in the part of Kalos that would be Brittany.

The Scandinavian Countries also deserve their own regions imho.

Though some of th reBritish oversee possessions could be a "mini region" Like the British Virgin Islands.

Last edited:

Julia Artemis

Honestly I was initially disappointed that Galar was based on UK I thought that it would be too much like Kalos but they impressed me with the take they had for Galar. But I wanted either a South American religion or Sweden. But I'm fine with what we got in gen 8. Can't wait to actually see London in action.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well, but these riddles rarely help me to understand which new things we're getting hehe. Its too abstract

If these leaks are real, then I think the reason behind the "riddles" is not so much to get people to try to solve them or to make it more vague to make the leaks seem more credible, but to obfuscate what they're saying. For instance, let's say there really IS a teapot elephant Pokémon, as that image in the leak shows a porcelain elephant. Game Freak can't simply tell off the leaker or take them to court saying, "You spoiled that information for the fans ahead of time, violating the NDA" because the leaker can simply argue back, "I didn't leak anything. I showed people a picture of a porcelain elephant, and THEY figured it meant a new Pokémon."

While I’d like going to a different area, if they add something that is “free” (I think there’s a sub needed for Nintendo online though correct?), I imagine it will just use the existing zones, particularly the wild areas. (I.e. far cheaper).

Though I don't know for sure because I AM a subscriber to Nintendo Switch Online, I don't think you have to be a subscriber to use anything related to the eShop. Obtaining DLC for games that aren't NSO-exclusive shouldn't require the subscription, and that includes free DLC. (On the other hand, if it requires you connect online in-game to use that DLC, that's a different story.)

For instance, you don't need a Nintendo Switch Online subscription to buy the post-release characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and you can play as them in the offline modes as much as you'd like, but you can't use them online without the subscription.

Which unless it's getting its own League, Starters, Professor, Player Characters, Storyline at an equal length to Galar and Pokemon would still make it "England's Postgame" and that's not how Ireland is going to enter the Pokeverse. No.N.O.
Also Brittany is already part of Kalos, like literally, Geosenge Town is in the part of Kalos that would be Brittany.

The Scandinavian Countries also deserve their own regions imho.

Though some of th reBritish oversee possessions could be a "mini region" Like the British Virgin Islands.

Well, Russia--a bit of it anyway--wound up being part of Sinnoh's postgame.

And in a weird inversion, New Jersey became part of the early game for Black 2 and White 2.

Bus

I’d be shocked if they didn’t do something like that.

One thing I noticed looking at the known Pokémon: there’s extremely few fire Pokémon that we know of in SwSh.

Charmander (I almost don’t want to count this as if they are adding starters from a gen there’s almost certainly all of them)

Growlithe
Vulpix
Litwick

And that’s it. I’m curious what else will be in. Has to be at least a few other Fire types being in Galar from previous gens. I’d imagine volcano fire type Pokémon to go with the mine area. Turtonator, Torkoal, Numel. Some combination of those. Also, how can they not have Pyroar?

My dream would be Numel just because I just got a shiny one and that shiny black Camerupt is amazing.

If you look back, there's few fire pokemon added in a lot of the generations; especially when you exclude the starters (which are always Water/Grass/Fire):
Gen 2: Slugma/Magcargo, Hondour/Houndoom, Magby, then 2 Fire legends in Entei & Ho-Oh
Gen 3: Numel/Camperupt, Torkoal, Sunny form for Castform, and technically Groudon due to Primal Reversion giving it Fire type in Alpha/Omega
Gen 4: Magmortor, Rotom's Oven form, then 1 Legend in Heatran
Gen 5: Pansear/Simisear, Darumaka/Darmanitan, Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure, Heatmor, Larvesta/Volcarona, then 1 Legend in Reshiram
Gen 6: Fletchinder/Talonflame, Litleo/Pyroar, and 1 DLC Legend in Volcanion (that released so far after Black/White that its mostly forgotten)
Gen 7: Alolan variant Marowak, Oricorio's Flamenco dancer form, Salandit/Salazzle, Turtonator, and 1 Ultra-Beast only available in Ultra games: Blacephelon

So when you don't count the starters, there's very few Fire pokemon added each generation. Gen 5 was the first to really add a large amount and the only Gen so far to introduce a Pokemon where all 3 forms were Fire other than a starter pokemon. In essence, I'm saying it's not very surprising we haven't seen any Fire type pokemon yet as they always seem to be rare lol.

Orphalesion

Well, Russia--a bit of it anyway--wound up being part of Sinnoh's postgame.

And in a weird inversion, New Jersey became part of the early game for Black 2 and White 2.

But as you say Sachalin (and not even the whole of Sachalin, just the southern coast) isn't the whole of Russia and New Jersey is still the same country as New York. If they just used Northern Ireland, the very northern tip of the island that is actually part of the UK that would be alright. But not the Republic, which would deserve its own region.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I don’t think including New Jersey in a region based on New York (and also other parts of the U.S.) is as weird as basing an entire area on a part of Russia as an extension of Japan. Yeah, I know, the historical connection between the two, but still. Ireland deserves its own region, it has more than enough lore to cover for that. I don’t think the public reception now would be too thrilled at having it as a “bonus” part of Galar, either.