• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Why is it weird for a town loosely based on New Jersey to be present in B2/W2 when New Jersey is quite literally a five minute drive from New York City?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Ireland deserves its own region, it has more than enough lore to cover for that. I don’t think the public reception now would be too thrilled at having it as a “bonus” part of Galar, either.

Problem here is that Galar seems to be based on the UK (Isn't England alone anymore since there's also a bit of Scottland in Galar) and North-Ireland is part if it and is taking the northern part of the island. Even if there won't be a location based on (North-)Ireland, I doubt them to make a whole region based on Ireland so it would be better if they introduce it as a part of Galar.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Problem here is that Galar seems to be based on the UK (Isn't England alone anymore since there's also a bit of Scottland in Galar) and North-Ireland is part if it and is taking the northern part of the island. Even if there won't be a location based on (North-)Ireland, I doubt them to make a whole region based on Ireland so it would be better if they introduce it as a part of Galar.

Ireland isn’t in the UK, that’d be like putting Portugal as Spain’s post game or the USA as a part of Canada.

I think Galar isn’t just England and Scotland as Wooloo is a Welsh icon.

DannyDark

Ireland isn’t in the UK, that’d be like putting Portugal as Spain’s post game or the USA as a part of Canada.

I think Galar isn’t just England and Scotland as Wooloo is a Welsh icon.

Republic of Ireland isn't in the UK, and it'd be deeply insulting to say it was, but Northern Ireland is very much in the UK.

England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Island are the primary bodies of the UK.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Republic of Ireland isn't in the UK, and it'd be deeply insulting to say it was, but Northern Ireland is very much in the UK.

England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Island are the primary bodies of the UK.

I did mean RoI, and as a someone who has lived in the UK for almost twenty years I know very well about the constituent countries that make up the United Kingdom and the Ireland isn't one of them. When I say Ireland I mean the RoI as that is the nation state commonly refered to as Ireland, of course northern Ireland is also part of the island of Ireland but I was only talking about the nation not the two countries.

Orphalesion

so it would be better if they introduce it as a part of Galar.

No it would not.

And Northern Ireland is only a very small part of Ireland. If they make an Irish region they could easily blot it out with a couple of mountains.

But well, it's all theoretical anyway, since there won't be any post-game region based on Ireland in Sword and SHield, since I think even Gamefreak ought to know what backlash that would cause.

And with the number of countries and regions in the world (for the record we still don't have a region based on Southern France, for example, Kalos only covers France north of the Alps) so there's no telling which place the next region will be in (and a bit early to speculate)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just looked into the theory that Sword & Shield will have 500+ since Amazon mentioned the Pokédex Book has about 448 pages. Does anyone know think this might be the case?

I mean, I’d like it if we did have this many pokémon in the game, but between all of the leaks & rumors and the National Dex controversy, I’m not convinced this is the case & I’m only taking it with a grain of salt. Plus, don’t those books also have sections dedicated to stuff like moves, abilities, introductions, an index, & a table of contents?

UltimateNinja

I said North-Ireland is part of the UK, NOT Ireland. Both are in one island.

No it would not.

And Northern Ireland is only a very small part of Ireland. If they make an Irish region they could easily blot it out with a couple of mountains.

If they decide to not include North-Ireland in the UK, then what will happen to the country? Including it in the Ireland region? Then we could argue that North-Ireland deserves it's own region and in that case they just get include them as a sub region near Galar, functioning as a post game region. And for me personally, Ireland alone as a region would be too small.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Well the last Pokédex had 4 entries per page. If there are 4 entries per page, that means there will be a lot of Pokémon. But I think there will be 2 per page, so there might be 500 Pokémon for sure.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I think people are putting the cart before the horse with the autosave concerns.

I like that we sort of get 8 save files with the switch pokemon games, thought I fear that trading between them could be a pain depending on how the online situation ends up.

And for me personally, Ireland alone as a region would be too small.

I think that depends on scaling, because like Unova and Kalos have very different scaling but neither region feels small (in terms of size at least, Kalos is kinda small in terms of content)

TBH I just think it would be poor taste for any of the RoI to be Galar's post-game, whether or not that means no RoI region for the foreseeable future.

*insert dexit/brexit joke here*

Well the last Pokédex had 4 entries per page. If there are 4 entries per page, that means there will be a lot of Pokémon. But I think there will be 2 per page, so there might be 500 Pokémon for sure.

Whilst the size of the book might be an interesting starting point for speculation, I don't think it means much.

Orphalesion

And for me personally, Ireland alone as a region would be too small.

Darling, they made the New York metropolitan area, the Kanto Region, the Kensai Region and Kyushu their own regions. And Ireland is bigger than all of those (even without Northern Ireland). It it's even a little bit larger than Hokkado (if you include Northern Ireland)
So....No.

Orphalesion

Living in New York I'd like to remind you all that there is literally no desert area located in the state. It's definitely not a thing.

Well there isn't one in France either.

Edit: Apparently there's a little volcanic desert in Kyshu, but it's not a sandy desert like Ruby/Sapphire portrays it as and it's in a caldera.=, it looks more like Fallabor Town.

Marzbar

Everyone, the Ireland debate needs to go away now. Irish culture is great, it’s found everywhere in the western world, and they may reference it in the Galar region. They may not. Who cares. Don’t get butthurt about Irish independence in a children’s battle simulation game. It’s not political commentary. They’ve referenced many Australian exclusive animals in Japanese based regions and you don’t see us Australians getting offended.

If they were to pick the geographical origin of the next generation of games, it’s not likely to be Ireland. There’s about 20 countries/areas of the world that have more global appeal, more popularity and more distinct architecture, history, fauna and lore than Ireland has. So I don’t even know why we are talking about Ireland based games. It’s not going to happen anytime soon. I’m sorry. Just being realistic.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Living in New York I'd like to remind you all that there is literally no desert area located in the state. It's definitely not a thing.

I thought everyone knew by now that Pokémon absolutely does not care about what environments exist where irl. Like, they just really don’t. New York and France don’t have deserts or badlands, but Unova and Kalos do. They have to add variety to make things interesting, otherwise we’d end up with flat plains and a couple of mountains for Kalos.

UltimateNinja

Darling, they made the New York metropolitan area, the Kanto Region, the Kensai Region and Kyushu their own regions. And Ireland is bigger than all of those (even without Northern Ireland). It it's even a little bit larger than Hokkado (if you include Northern Ireland)
So....No.

Point for you, although what are the changes that they may pick Ireland over other more well known countries spread over the world? It may happen someday in gen 20 or so when there aren't many other locations/countries to pick from, but I can't see what's so problematic about them making Ireland happening now other than Game Freaks laziness. It can even be it's own mini region you can travel after Galar, maybe even having something similiar like trials for those who prefer them.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Everyone, the Ireland debate needs to go away now. Irish culture is great, it’s found everywhere in the western world, and they may reference it in the Galar region. They may not. Who cares. Don’t get butthurt about Irish independence in a children’s battle simulation game.

... uh ...

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
If you ask me, we're overdue for a region that's primarily desert, at least something other than Orre. (As a desert-dweller, I kind of miss Orre though.)

But well, it's all theoretical anyway, since there won't be any post-game region based on Ireland in Sword and SHield, since I think even Gamefreak ought to know what backlash that would cause.

And with the number of countries and regions in the world (for the record we still don't have a region based on Southern France, for example, Kalos only covers France north of the Alps) so there's no telling which place the next region will be in (and a bit early to speculate)

I did find it odd that there appears to be Galarian counterparts to England, Wales, and Scotland but not Northern Ireland. That being said, Northern Ireland is indeed geographically very small, and if they want to scale it comparably with the main Galarian island, there wouldn't be much happening there.

Not sure if Northern Ireland will even be represented at all, but it'd be weird to have the other three major parts of the UK and not the fourth. It would be like basing a region on Canada and leaving out Prince Edward Island or basing a region on Australia and leaving out Tasmania.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
If you ask me, we're overdue for a region that's primarily desert, at least something other than Orre. (As a desert-dweller, I kind of miss Orre though.)

I did find it odd that there appears to be Galarian counterparts to England, Wales, and Scotland but not Northern Ireland. That being said, Northern Ireland is indeed geographically very small, and if they want to scale it comparably with the main Galarian island, there wouldn't be much happening there.

Not sure if Northern Ireland will even be represented at all, but it'd be weird to have the other three major parts of the UK and not the fourth. It would be like basing a region on Canada and leaving out Prince Edward Island or basing a region on Australia and leaving out Tasmania.

Egypt would be a great idea for a primarily desert region with it's mythology, culture & history.