• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I figured a unicorn Pokémon would be found in Galar. I figured it would either be a regional variant, new Pokémon, or regular Rapidash since it does have a horn. Unicorns are a very intricate part of myths from the UK and every new or Galarian form revealed so far fit in perfectly with the culture and history of the region with the exception of the Starters right now. Polteageist represents the history behind English tea. Yamper is a Corgi which is heavily associated with the Queen. Sirfetch’d is a knight of sorts. Galarian Weezing is the industrial pollution Pokémon that also has a top hat looking smoke stack and a mustache pattern seen on old pictures of men from the Industrial Age. Wooloo represents the sheep of the region.

Bus

Anywayyyyy changing this topic...

I really don't believe the riddle rumor. As some people mentioned a while back, most of the pictures seem like a stretch, and even if it is real, it tells us nothing.
In all fairness, the Riddler pictures always seemed like a stretch (back when he was legit, I mean). It was just in hindsight we were like "Oohhhh, THAT's what that is!!" And so far, there are some pictures that look like they may apply they same way the old ones did. If it came out way after some of our more recent confirmations, though, then yeah, it's probably not legit.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I think the thing they have in common is sorta the special and physical thing.

Sirfetch'd is a knight of sorts that seems to specialize in physical might. While Galarian Poynta is based on a magical creature (Psychic tyoe has been use to show magic) which is more of a special thing

That said I'll be curious how they change Poynta line's stats as its more of a physical attacker when fully evolved.

Which is another point too. It may be hard to compare them considering we only know what one looks like fully evolved.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Drampa and Turtonator do at least share the Dragon typing and the fact that both are single stage Pokemon in common.

I don't know. I'm still not buying it until it's proven otherwise, even with the medieval theme. Kantonian Ponyta and Farfetch'd have literally nothing in common, after all.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Oh hey, that was me!

Even though it’s pretty loose, I’m sticking with the medieval theme theory. There have been version exclusive pairs for weaker reasons (ex. Drampa and Turtonator).
Oh! My apologies for not remembering >_<

ShadowForce720

Drampa and Turtonator do at least share the Dragon typing and the fact that both are single stage Pokemon in common.

I don't know. I'm still not buying it until it's proven otherwise, even with the medieval theme. Kantonian Ponyta and Farfetch'd have literally nothing in common, after all.

Well although their just rumors right now, it seems like a couple rumors tend to mention Chatot having an evolution that is the counterpart to Sirfetch'd while at least one rumor suggest that a Galarian Blitzle is the counterpart to Galarian Ponyta, of course none of that confirmed, but a Chatot evolution and a Galarian Blitzle being the counterparts to Sirfetch'd and Galarian Ponyta respectively would make some sense.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think Sirfetch’d & Galarian Ponyta’s lines are version exclusive. While the Gen 7 & 8 prerelease cycles are almost completely different, I noticed that SM always announced version exclusives together (we actually got 3 version exclusives pairs in September 2016: Oranguru/Passimian, Buzzwole/Pheromosa, and Midday/Midnight Lycanroc). We also got that with SwSh with Bea and Allister and the base forms pseudos with the preorder.

Or GF just wanted to show one exclusive of each without it being meant to be counterparts

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I think Sirfetch’d & Galarian Ponyta’s lines are version exclusive. While the Gen 7 & 8 prerelease cycles are almost completely different, I noticed that SM always announced version exclusives together (we actually got 3 version exclusives pairs in September 2016: Oranguru/Passimian, Buzzwole/Pheromosa, and Midday/Midnight Lycanroc). We also got that with SwSh with Bea and Allister and the base forms pseudos with the preorder.

Or GF just wanted to show one exclusive of each without it being meant to be counterparts

Drampa & Turtonator weren't announced together. I don't remember if their version exclusivity was revealed in pre-release at all.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Were there any leaks that mention Galarian Pontya was Psychic-type? I feel like there was, but I may be thinking about the one who said it’d be a Fairy-type.
Oh! My apologies for not remembering >_<
Don’t sweat it, I only know the names of like, two or three people on the forums. =P

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I apologize for that previous post, I realize that could be taken the wrong way and sound too dismissive. I do acknowledge that Sirfetch'd and Ponyta being counterparts to each other is a possibility if you consider theme (that is kinda what happened with Sandshrew and Vulpix in Alola, after all, considering they don't share much in common either other than originally being Blue version exclusives). Medieval theme with knight vs. steed does make sense, and besides, the only thing consistent about Pokemon is that there is no consistency.

Anyway, I have another theory for a possible Sword counterpart to Ponyta if it's not Farfetch'd and they don't take the obvious route and do Blitzle as another dual stage equine Pokemon. This might sound odd, but what about Galarian Litleo/Pyroar, as a reference to the UK Royal Coat of Arms? In their original forms, both are also dual stage Fire types.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Well although their just rumors right now, it seems like a couple rumors tend to mention Chatot having an evolution that is the counterpart to Sirfetch'd while at least one rumor suggest that a Galarian Blitzle is the counterpart to Galarian Ponyta, of course none of that confirmed, but a Chatot evolution and a Galarian Blitzle being the counterparts to Sirfetch'd and Galarian Ponyta respectively would make some sense.

The Galarian Chatot rumor was the one that said Galarian Ponyta would be pure Fairy type. Given that we now know it's pure Psychic instead, it's pretty much confirmed that rumor is false. Sucks a little, Chatot is one of my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to see it given some attention, but I suppose it could still happen even if the rumor isn't true.

Edit: Quoted the wrong post.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

The Galarian Chatot rumor was the one that said Galarian Ponyta would be pure Fairy type. Given that we now know it's pure Psychic instead, it's pretty much confirmed that rumor is false. Sucks a little, Chatot is one of my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to see it given some attention, but I suppose it could still happen even if the rumor isn't true.

I mean, is it not possible that when they originally debuted G-Ponyta, it was Fairy type and that they changed the typing. Or they might have showed them G-Ponyta, but never mentioned it's typing. If you were to look at G-Ponyta, would you assume Fairy or Psychic?

axelme

The blitzle thing makes no sense here. Blitzle is a zebra so what one would be doing on the wild of a region based on England I have no idea. I dont believe that one. That ore tje dark/psychic galar girafarig rumor going around

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The blitzle thing makes no sense here. Blitzle is a zebra so what one would be doing on the wild of a region based on England I have no idea. I dont believe that one. That ore tje dark/psychic galar girafarig rumor going around
Just like it makes perfect sense to find a panda in France (or Hawaii)?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Plus, who says a potential Galarian Blitzle has to be a zebra?

Even if you want to bring up Zebstrika's name, that's not much different from Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash being called as such despite their Alolan forms having absolutely nothing to do with sand.

axelme

Plus, who says a potential Galarian Blitzle has to be a zebra?

Even if you want to bring up Zebstrika's name, that's no different from Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash being called as such despite their Alolan forms having absolutely nothing to do with sand.
Be cause regional variations dont involve a change of species all together. Alolan sandshrew changed type but it's the same animal.