1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. LordSerperior

LordSerperior Well-Known Member

Blitzle is originally from Unova which was based on New York so that's hardly an argument

2. Golden_Latias

Golden_Latias #SlayQueenSlay

That's fair, although a zebra is similar enough to a horse where maybe a Galarian Blitzle/Zebstrika could resemble a more typical horse more than a zebra. Maybe, as opposed to Galarian Ponyta that's based on a mythical creature, it could resemble a knight's steed with armor and stuff. Could see that being a Steel type and maybe something slower but bulkier than Blitzle/Zebstrika.

IDK, just a thought.

Ignition and Dragon Pulse like this.
  3. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

I'm still hoping that Sword gets a glimwood tangle exclusive. It could be a Dark/Electric Blitzle

wolf jani and Trainer Yusuf like this.
  4. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Well-Known Member

People who watched the livestream probably noticed the yellow light coming from the bottom-left corner a couple of times, which I personally was expecting it to be another new Pokémon.

What if that Pokémon is a tease and turns out to be Sword-exclusive part-Electric type?

5. axelme

axelme Well-Known Member

Thinking about my Harry Potter connection idea. I wonder if corvilknight would be that raven pokemon for the ravenclaw house. In which case we still need that new snake, badger and may finally get a gryphon

Ophie likes this.
  6. ScratchnSn1ff

ScratchnSn1ff Active Member

i'm personally really happy G.Ponyta isn't fairy type, like it would be a bit too easy with how it looks, and it makes me feel like they put effort into thinking about how/why it changed and what they felt really fit that change, which to them is Psychic, It and G.Weezing are really cool curve balls imo

Ophie, Chaser36 and Frostfall like this.
  7. ScratchnSn1ff

ScratchnSn1ff Active Member

with the fact that they were announced back to back and that they're put side by side on the official exclusives page i think they are exclusive counterparts, if they weren't i feel like whatever IS Sirfetch'd's exclusive counterpart would have been released in Ponyta's stead

SpiritSkye likes this.
  8. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

I mean, there are several Pokemon that straight up become different species of animals upon evolving. I wouldn't put much stock on that kind of stuff.

That said, the leak that says Ponyta's counterpart is Blitzle also says that Opal uses either of their galarian evolutions depending on the game, which implies Fairy type. I somehow doubt Galarian Ponyta will gain that type if it doesn't have it already, but who knows. But that's in and on itself pretty weird because why would Opal's team of all things vary with games, as opposed to just having version-exclusive gym leaders. Also it says their theme is unicorn/pegasus. Since Ponyta is the unicorn, I guess that would make Blitzle the pegasus? A fairy pegasus zebra is kinda weird, even by Pokemon standards.

9. LordSerperior

LordSerperior Well-Known Member

Griffindor's symbol is actually a lion. Ravenclaw's is also actually an eagle but the movies changed it to a raven so that can still count I guess.

10. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Regional variants are my jam.

And for Hufflepuff I think Obstagoon counts as a badger. (Though I wouldn't mind seeing a less anthropomorphised badger as well.)

Ophie likes this.
  11. Heldigunner

Heldigunner New Member

My thought on the farfetch and ponyta is once farfetched evoles. He loses flight. Teams up with ponyta as a knight and horse. Ponyta evolves into a pegasus.

Going by that, I can understand version exclusive

Ophie, lemoncatpower and wolf jani like this.
  12. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

That said yes please to a gryphon Pokemon.

You kinda got to wonder sometimes how we haven't gotten one yet. Personally though I'm worried when we do it'll be a legendary or mythical.

wolf jani, Dragon Pulse and TRNRLogan like this.
  13. lablablabz

lablablabz Well-Known Member

OG Vulpix and Sandshrew may only have being Blue exclusives as something in common, but in Alola, they are both ice-types, so them being version-exclusives makes more sense.

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  14. Sham

Sham On the right road

I mean it would make sense to me personally if they are version exclusives. You have different advantages to either party (no pun intended). With the Sirfetch'd line you aren't getting a variant... it just evolves but your are getting a new evolution to the Farfetch'd line and while Galarian Ponyta isn't getting a new evoltuion it and (guessing) Rapidash are both regional variants instead of just one.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    wolf jani, Trey pokes and Ignition like this.
  15. Golden_Latias

Golden_Latias #SlayQueenSlay

Yeah, it was just a thought, but clearly no one's really gonna buy it without some solid proof or confirmation. Plus, admittedly, it just bothers me personally that if they are counterparts, they're probably the most random, "imperfect" counterparts in the entire history of the series. But, as I said, the only thing consistent about Pokemon is that there is no consistency, and not everything has to "fit" in a nice, tidy pattern as neatly as I wish it would.

Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful for more Galarian forms and evolutions. Who knows?

Moving on to something else interesting that was revealed earlier, regarding the starter evolutions, Ohmori said something like "They'll think 'Ah, that makes sense with the Galar region why these are the starters" when asked if the starters have a special connection to Galar.

Which sounds like they're trying hard to not reveal what they're going to evolve into, but given what we know about Affleck, I think probably means something like "musician," "football player," and "spy." References to stuff like the Beatles, James Bond, and... I don't know, David Beckham, I guess? Or any other famous football player from the UK?

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  16. Beloberto

Beloberto Bug Catcher

If you people really want a connection think of Sirfetch'd as the white knight and Rapidash as the (not anymore) fiery steed.

TRNRLogan and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  17. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

My wife just wrinkled my brain.

Galarian Ponyta is classified as the Unique Horn Pokemon... The UniqueHorn..... The Unicorn Pokemon!!! Such a great play on words and sounds.

18. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Kid from Pallet Town

With Sirfetch’d, Galarian Weezing, Obstagoon, and Galarian Ponyta being added to the Dynamax camera, it’d be interesting to see their code names. Maybe then we can figure out Rapidash’s design (like if Ponyta was in there as “pegasus1” similar to how Grookey is labeled as “gorilla1”

19. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

I am curious about that as well.

Pikachu111213 likes this.
  20. SurrealistSmeargle

SurrealistSmeargle Well-Known Member

It's likely they don't have code names. As I recall, all the existing pokemon just had their names as the file name, not code names like the brand new mons. So Weezing and Ponyta will likely just be called Weezing and Ponyta. Sirfetch'd and Obstagoon could have one, but they'd just tell us what we can already see, and I think it's just as likely they're just in there as 'Farfetch'd2' and 'Zigzagoon3', or if they do have code names, 'duck/knight2' and 'badger3'.

Pikachu111213 and wolf jani like this.