• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
We do have Obstagoon now; I think he's a badger. That means we just need a new snake (or a Galar variant for Arbok or Seviper) and a Griffin. I know we have a lot of Kanto pokemon with variants already, but....we've got a Galarian Weezing...it seems so wrong to leave poor Arbok out in the cold. Grass/Ground Arbok variant maybe?
Actually I like the idea of a Poison/Psychic Arbok that uses Hypnosis to lure prey into its grasp and teleportation to strike quickly and unseen. I got the idea from Disney’s The Jungle Book And Kaa trying to hypnotize Mowgli so he can eat him.

Bus

Actually I like the idea of a Poison/Psychic Arbok that uses Hypnosis to lure prey into its grasp and teleportation to strike quickly and unseen. I got the idea from Disney’s The Jungle Book And Kaa trying to hypnotize Mowgli so he can eat him.
I didn't even finish reading your sentence and the first thing I thought of was Kaa lol

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
We do have Obstagoon now; I think he's a badger. That means we just need a new snake (or a Galar variant for Arbok or Seviper) and a Griffin. I know we have a lot of Kanto pokemon with variants already, but....we've got a Galarian Weezing...it seems so wrong to leave poor Arbok out in the cold. Grass/Ground Arbok variant maybe?

While it makes more sense to go to Arbok, I would love for Seviper to get a Galarian form along with an evolution. Though then they would have to give Zangoose something...

so maybe just give Dunsparce (the land snake) a galarian form and evo!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
While it makes more sense to go to Arbok, I would love for Seviper to get a Galarian form along with an evolution. Though then they would have to give Zangoose something...

so maybe just give Dunsparce (the land snake) a galarian form and evo!
They gave Glalie a Mega but not Froslass, so Zangoose not getting anything while Sevier did wouldn't surprise me.

Wilderness

They gave Glalie a Mega but not Froslass, so Zangoose not getting anything while Sevier did wouldn't surprise me.

Not to mention Mega Slowbro but no Slowking, which had a lot of potential! I think it just furthers the notion that "coupled" Pokemon aren't treated particularly as equals. A getting a form doesn't guarantee B getting one.

Bus

Actually that could be part of the reasoning, how would Seviper adapt and evolve without any Zangoose around?
That's true. Those two are eternal rivals; mongoose and snake. They wouldn't be able to do one and not the other. I'd prefer it to be Arbok just because I like Arbok more lol. I mean, they could just create a new snake pokemon; there's plenty of snakes that haven't been done yet afterall. We had, what, 4? Arbok, Dunsparce, Seviper, and Serperior and that's it. Cobra, Viper....whatever Dunsparce is supposed to be based on....and a generic 'Serpent'. How about a Boa Constrictor or an Andaconda? Those are both well-known snakes. Same with a Black Mamba or Rattlesnake.

(*Note* I am not counting Zygarde as one of the snakes since he was based on a mythical world-encompassing super snake)

DannyDark

See I wouldn't really put a pairing like Zangoose and Seviper in the same group as split evolutions.. I feel like Pokemon that were/are version exclusives can't really use one of the split evolutions receiving something while another didn't as an example, I feel it's a different criteria.

It would be interesting, though, seeing how a relationship as closely linked as Seviper/Zangoose would look without one of the parties.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I just checked and another 2-stage line with the same BST as Rapidash are Donovan and Mudsdale.

As the latter is a very recent one I am counting out a Galarian form for it.

Donphan on the other hand...:)

Bus

I just checked and another 2-stage line with the same BST as Rapidash are Donovan and Mudsdale.

As the latter is a very recent one I am counting out a Galarian form for it.

Donphan on the other hand...:)
Mudsdale has the same BST as Rapidash?! But its so much better! Man, that just makes me feel sadder for Rapidash. It's such a cool pokemon, but it always seemed so underwhelming. Maybe because everything was split so awkwardly and it never really had access to the greatest movepool.

Now, with a Psychic typing though, it should have access to a LOT more. Psychic, Normal, and Ghost types seem to be the gateway to almost every other typed move available for whatever reason. Learning elemental moves of another type is so much harder if you're not one of those (unless you're in the Rhyhorn family for some odd reason).

Aside from hopefully benefiting from new moves added this generation in general, Rapidash should get access to things like Zen Headbutt and Mirror Coat which should really help its outlook.

As far as Mudsdale and Donovan go, I feel like Mudsdale is a bit too new to already get a new form. And we already have vague proof of an elephant pokemon of some kind already. Whether its a regional variant to Donovan or an evolution to Polteageist may still be up in the air, I kinda hope its Polteageist. Donovan's cool and all, but I really want that teapot to be a 3 formed pokemon lol.

*Translater's note: Keikaku means plan. Also Donovan = Donphan*

Nodame

Misty <3
I have a thought. So in the Ben Affleck leak, it was stated that "Pokemon will not walk beside you in the over-world map" Does that mean we CAN walk beside them in the normal map? at least I hope so.

Bus

I have a thought. So in the Ben Affleck leak, it was stated that "Pokemon will not walk beside you in the over-world map" Does that mean we CAN walk beside them in the normal map? at least I hope so.
The overworld map seems pretty seamless with everything else. I don't think there's a difference between overworld and town. So either Pokemon don't follow you at all or they follow you when you're inside buildings, which would amount to maybe 2% of the game at this point?

Nodame

Misty <3
The overworld map seems pretty seamless with everything else. I don't think there's a difference between overworld and town. So either Pokemon don't follow you at all or they follow you when you're inside buildings, which would amount to maybe 2% of the game at this point?
I dunno perhaps the overworld map means that wild area map? ;/ I dunno.

Bus

I dunno perhaps the overworld map means that wild area map? ;/ I dunno.
I mean...it looks like you can go from wild map straight into a town without any kind of loading screen, so I think it's all one big interconnected map. The only thing that would really load and transition to allow pokemon to walk alongside you may be when you enter buildings like a Pokecenter.

But we've seen footage inside pokecenters already and no pokemon alongside you in sight, so it's not looking all the likely. Plus you have to look at it from a programming standpoint. It came back for Let's Go because there were only 150 sprites to program walk cycles for outside the ball (plus a few more for the Alola variants). Here, they'd have to program walk cycles for all 500+ (or whatever the dex ends up being) so it's probably not going to happen.

I think you're only hope at this point is that the Let's Go series was popular enough to warrant a sequel in Johto.

Jason White

AspiringPsych
With LGPE recently and wild Pokemon appearing in the overworld I'm just assuming this isn't a technical issue but a decision GF have made. They are strange, knowing how much people love that feature and only giving it sparingly across the years.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
On the topic of following Pokémon, I don’t think it’s gonna be in these games at all. I doubt the Affleck leak meant anything by “overworld map”, he probably just meant that the feature isn’t present.

But speaking of the Affleck leak... Do you guys think Intelleon’s (Sobble evo) secondary type will be Dark, Ghost, Psychic, or something else entirely? I know Ghost seems to be the most popular option, but I don’t think it’d match with the whole spy theme.

Bus

On the topic of following Pokémon, I don’t think it’s gonna be in these games at all. I doubt the Affleck leak meant anything by “overworld map”, he probably just meant that the feature isn’t present.

But speaking of the Affleck leak... Do you guys think Intelleon’s (Sobble evo) secondary type will be Dark, Ghost, Psychic, or something else entirely? I know Ghost seems to be the most popular option, but I don’t think it’d match with the whole spy theme.
I could see it being Ghost or Psychic. Dark's a possibility, but I'm saying Water/Psychic or Water/Ghost would fit better for what's essentially going to be a Chameleon Spy.

Dragon Pulse

I could see it being Ghost or Psychic. Dark's a possibility, but I'm saying Water/Psychic or Water/Ghost would fit better for what's essentially going to be a Chameleon Spy.
I agree. Also obviously typings have been repeated before, but I feel like it being Water/Dark would make it too similar to Greninja. I can also see Water/Poison as an option. I feel like Psychic or Ghost are the best choices.