• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Ultra Beast Lover

Team Yeller sounds all cute and innocent but if it's true just watch, they're gonna become a cult. I mean we do it in real life with our favorite characters, more as a joke though of course. Team Yeller could be what happens if we weren't joking and formed a cult in real life for a real person.

Orphalesion

Remember that Team Yeller rumor being the next evil team? I think I have an idea what it is and after reading how it's a bunch of fans defending one of your rivals, this just sounds like Gary's Fangirl Club from the anime only they are going to battle you lol as a cheerleading squad is in the battle background lol. Just a hunch.

Wasn't it "Team Yell"?

To me it kinda sounds like a new version of Team Skull, only overtly enthusiastic Pokemon Battle/Soccer fans instead of try hard gangstas. My theory is that they will play a similar role to Team Skull, the auxiliary/decoy "evil" team to the actual antagonists.

Ver-mont

Wasn't it "Team Yell"?

To me it kinda sounds like a new version of Team Skull, only overtly enthusiastic Pokemon Battle/Soccer fans instead of try hard gangstas. My theory is that they will play a similar role to Team Skull, the auxiliary/decoy "evil" team to the actual antagonists.
That's what I think too.

Either that or they'll go the way of Team Flare and appear to be buffoons but turn out to have a shockingly evil plot beneath the surface.

Skull 2.0 is more likely, though.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I wouldn’t mind Skull 2.0 as long as we get a leader on the level of Guzma or Ghetsis. It was refreshing having a gang of idiots after four generations of villains having some grand thing of conquering/destroying/rebuilding something with a legendary involved.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Team Yeller sounds all cute and innocent but if it's true just watch, they're gonna become a cult. I mean we do it in real life with our favorite characters, more as a joke though of course. Team Yeller could be what happens if we weren't joking and formed a cult in real life for a real person.

I think this is a likely route. Given the way the Galar Region is being set up (with Pokemon battles being the biggest source of entertainment and big time trainers such as Leon being treated as huge celebrities) that Team Yell is could be a satire of fans who get too serious with their adoration

Wasn't it "Team Yell"?

My theory is similar. I think there will be multiple bad organizations but Team Yell happens to be the most annoying/most prominent early on the game. My theory is that there will be another sinister force (most likely an evil sponsor) who pays for Team Yell to keep harassing people as a distraction.

I wouldn’t mind Skull 2.0 as long as we get a leader on the level of Guzma or Ghetsis. It was refreshing having a gang of idiots after four generations of villains having some grand thing of conquering/destroying/rebuilding something with a legendary involved.

One of the supposed leaks claimed that their leader is actually the champion. According to the leak, the champion is relatively weak by champion standards, and he uses Team Yell to stop any challengers from getting enough sponsors to challenge him, hence his undefeated status.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
No more skull lord please can we get competent villains, was like 3 and a half jokes smh.

No more skull lord please can we get competent villains, was like 3 and a half jokes smh.

The reason Team Skull was so underwhelming is because they were never meant to be the real villains of the game, the Aether Foundation was (at least Faba and Lusamine). It was just like what happened in Colosseum with Team Snagem and Cipher; Snagem was the more in-your-face group that was causing trouble from the very beginning, but as the story unfolded it was revealed that the real threat facing the region was the much more refined Cipher organization.

Pokemon Power

If the Pokémon Company are limiting the number of Pokémon from the 809 Pokémon released prior to Generation VIII, is it POSSIBLE that by confirming this that they may have accidentally suggested a Diamond and Pearl remake is on the way? Could we be returning to the Sinnoh Region in Generation VIII just like we did the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn Regions in Generations III, IV and VI respectively? There is also a chance that if Galar is linked to Kalos, then we could see X and Y remakes too, so we could possibly see TWO lots of remakes.

I think that it is way too early for XY to be remade.
I agree, if they were gonna return to Kalos this generation, it would probably be through sequels like in Black and White 2. Though I do think we're getting Diamond and Pearl remakes this generation, along with Let's Go versions of the Johto adventure.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I agree, if they were gonna return to Kalos this generation, it would probably be through sequels like in Black and White 2. Though I do think we're getting Diamond and Pearl remakes this generation, along with Let's Go versions of the Johto adventure.
I don't think that we're getting both Sinnoh remakes and Let's Go Johto in the same generation. I think that one of them will be in Gen 9 instead.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The reason Team Skull was so underwhelming is because they were never meant to be the real villains of the game, the Aether Foundation was (at least Faba and Lusamine). It was just like what happened in Colosseum with Team Snagem and Cipher; Snagem was the more in-your-face group that was causing trouble from the very beginning, but as the story unfolded it was revealed that the real threat facing the region was the much more refined Cipher organization.

Regardless of being the real villain or not, they were boring and weak and I don't want a repeat.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
What Robert is trying to say here is because the regional evil team serves as our main opposition in the mid-sections of the game and will get screen-time and development to reflect that, it would be more satisfying if they were competent and worth to fight for, instead of being weak trainers with weak Pokémon that just exist to slow you and the plot down. Otherwise it becomes anti-climactic.

I disagree with this sentiment for a couple of reasons, but it is roughly the same reason everyone wants an antagonistic rival again, so it is completely justifiable.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
What Robert is trying to say here is because the regional evil team serves as our main opposition in the mid-sections of the game and will get screen-time and development to reflect that, it would be more satisfying if they were competent and worth to fight for, instead of being weak trainers with weak Pokémon that just exist to slow you and the plot down. Otherwise it becomes anti-climactic.

I disagree with this sentiment for a couple of reasons, but it is roughly the same reason everyone wants an antagonistic rival again, so it is completely justifiable.

This and also they were just boring as heck to me.

Although I don't really need a mean rival, just a more serious one.

catzeye

Writer's Block

I liked Team Skull precisely for the fact that their ambitions weren't world ending. However, I think it would have been more interesting battling them if they scaled their AI up. Like sure, make them jokes on Melemele but slowly increase their threat as you journey throughout Alola. I'd actually would have preferred them not to be involved with the Aether foundation and to have their story wrap at the league where you have to battle them before you can take on the Elite 4 as they are trying to disrupt the league

I think it would be interesting if Sword/Shield had two different organizations whose goals are separate and don't overlap in the story line. Like let's have Team Yell just be focused on antagonizing anyone who they think is a threat to Marnie's reputation and then have a second team (like an evil sponsor) focused on the evil legendary. The evil sponsor or Team Yell don't collaborate at all and their story lines wrap up at different points in the game.

As far as the rivals go, I personally don't care if my rival is friendly or a jerk, I just want to see them develop over time so I care about battling them. For example Hau is the grandson of a Kahuna and also very friendly. Nothing wrong with those aspects but I felt like they didn't expand on his character enough. Because of that, it didn't make me feel excited to battle Hau. Compare that to Wally, a sympathetic character who we see work hard to overcome his physical limitations. Sure he may have not been the toughest NPC, but I actually looked forward to seeing him and battling. With Hop I think we have a good opportunity to have him go through great character development. I'd like to have him have competent AI and a good team so we look forward to battling him. With the potential rivals Bede and Marnie I definitely could see them being interesting rivals.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Regardless of being the real villain or not, they were boring and weak and I don't want a repeat.

I liked team skull, they were silly and fun. I definately wouldn't mind seeing something similar in addition to the more serious villains. Wish they were a bit stronger in gameplay though, but story wise i liked em.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I have a feeling we will battle Leon in the game. The more evil team might be an industrialist or similar group that’s a sponsor of Leon or Team Yell, trying to get rid of the Wild Area and other wilderness to try to build more industrial places.

shadowF

Has there been any fanart of the starters final evolutions that are inspired by the Pokemon Leak that has been mostly true?

I have a feeling we will battle Leon in the game.

That should go without saying, since nearly every gen since the very beginning has had you battle the champion. The only exception has been gen 7 and that's only because you yourself end up being the very first champion of the region.