• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I liked team skull, they were silly and fun. I definately wouldn't mind seeing something similar in addition to the more serious villains. Wish they were a bit stronger in gameplay though, but story wise i liked em.

You can have a personality and be fun without being weak as all hell lol.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
You can have a personality and be fun without being weak as all hell lol.

i mean, i say it right in the part you quoted that i wish they were stronger. So...

Besides, we're talking about their story, weren't we? Their strength is gameplay and SM in general was quite easy throughout but that has little to do with the story behind everything.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
i mean, i say it right in the part you quoted that i wish they were stronger. So...

Besides, we're talking about their story, weren't we? Their strength is gameplay and SM in general was quite easy throughout but that has little to do with the story behind everything.

That wasn't a rebuttal to you, just what my point was when talking about them. Also I didn't really like their story tbh, because it doesn't and didn't go anywhere. Even if you take out the real villains, their story had no purpose and they didn't do anything.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Why would game freak just ditch mega evolutions and z-moves?
From interviews the impression I've gotten is that they simply are not interested in adding to special power ups from previous generations, preferring to do something new for each generation (and presumably ditching megas and z moves is to let dynamax have a chance to shine). Course that makes me wonder just how long they can keep up such a practice. Dynamax intentionally combines aspects of the two previous gen's power ups, so where will they be able to go in the next gen?

That wasn't a rebuttal to you, just what my point was when talking about them. Also I didn't really like their story tbh, because it doesn't and didn't go anywhere. Even if you take out the real villains, their story had no purpose and they didn't do anything.
Their "purpose" was mainly to introduce the idea of what happens if a bunch of failed trainers decided to blame society rather than take responsibility for their own lives and do something else, forming a gang of delinquents instead. Team Skull is weak (outside of Guzma and Plumeria, who have their own reasons for being in the group) because they are all trainers who failed to make a living as trainers and banded together to gain some sense of purpose and to rebel against Alolan culture.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Simply from a storytelling perspective the idea that you'd have to go challenge all the gym leaders again to get your badges would need a pretty big justification. I mean they're all going to remember that you earned the badge, so why wouldn't they just give you another one? I suppose it could be some kind of "you were foolish enough to get them stolen, you have to prove yourself again" sort of thing.

Overall I doubt this leak. Like every leak since the credible one, it just seems to try to use it to make itself seem credible.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That's very likely just to be piggybacking off the credible one.
I hope that is the case. There are some things that I really don't like from it.

• “Camping” can only be performed at the different Wild Areas and will offer gameplay connectivity with the still to come “Pokémon Sleep”. Player can assign one of their Pokémon to the “Camping tent” which “sends” them to “Pokémon Sleep”. Bringing them back from the app in the next day will not only reward player with unique items that feeds back to the overall “Camping” gameplay listed before, but also can improve chances for your Pokémon to attack first during the next few battles.
  • Breeding and Eggs hatching is part of the game, however a new type of egg will be available. This is to tie up with incubators and hatching eggs in “Pokémon Go”. Using the Pokéball Plus, the player will be able to “connect” this new type of Egg to the device and by walking around in real life they can decrease the time needed to hatch. Hatching only happens in Sword and Shield.

The connection to Pokémon Sleep makes camping worthless for anyone whose phone isn't able to have said app on it.

As for the egg part... I'm no fan of this either as I'm unable to move anything from Go to Let's Go as it is, as the Pokémon errors out/disappears during the transfer.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Simply from a storytelling perspective the idea that you'd have to go challenge all the gym leaders again to get your badges would need a pretty big justification. I mean they're all going to remember that you earned the badge, so why wouldn't they just give you another one? I suppose it could be some kind of "you were foolish enough to get them stolen, you have to prove yourself again" sort of thing.

Overall I doubt this leak. Like every leak since the credible one, it just seems to try to use it to make itself seem credible.

The Gym re-battle looks a bit similar to Mina's trail when you have to fight the Trial Captains (and Nanu) which was nice. But here doing so after the E4 sounds strange, at least.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
“42 Gigantamaxing forms”
Please don’t
By comparison, megavolution, in their debut games, introduced 28, 14 less than this. Besides, if giantamaxaing is real, the amount that would have them would defiantly be less than FORTY FRIKING TWO.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
By comparison, megavolution, in their debut games, introduced 28, 14 less than this. Besides, if giantamaxaing is real, the amount that would have them would defiantly be less than FORTY FRIKING TWO.
I just don’t want forms exclusive to Dynamaxing. Just seems like too much. But if this is a reality I don’t expect 42 either

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
There really should be a way to fix that.
Yea you'd think they'd patch it or something. I've tried some 'fixes' before but nothing helped.

There's a million red flags with that leak - "a close friend of mine told me", knowing the exact number of Pokemon/forms, knowing the details of a future direct, the tease about one of the fakes being real - I'd ignore it.
Word. It was full of a lot of baloney to say the least.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
So there appears to be a new leak/rumor:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/c34gjj/new_leak_pokémon_sword_and_shield/

Nothing confirmed as per now...
Camping isn't restricted to Wild Areas. You can see the image of Sobble with a tent in somewhat resembling a route with wooden fences than a long plain field.

qVfK4B.png

Also, why on earth Hyena-looking Pokémon would appear at the 'League' escaping from Team Yell and you suddenly drop your Gold Ring?... It doesn't make sense, although I can see he is trying to make up a story similar to BW (battling Alder post-game).

As much as it'd be cool to see gender differences for starter evolutions, it seems to be milking the original leak with fake content as others said.