• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Ultra Beast Lover

Right and a friend of a friend of a friend who I don't know either who worked on USUM said that we become the king/queen of Galar and Wes appears XD. The first leak is pretty credible, this one is a pretty big fabrication. At least it better be. I am not going to fight all of the gym leaders twice.

DannyDark

Honestly the redoing the Gyms could really well tie into peoples theories surrounding Leon; Has never lost a battle, and is secretly evil, he sees you take on all the Gyms, defeat all the Elite Four, and so... with himself being the next target... He organises for all of your badges to be stolen, thus protecting his undefeated streak and title.

Could even see him being all like "I'd love to let you battle me for the title.. but the rules are the rules.. you need all 8 pieces within the key... Sorry."

Then comes the subsequent, and I'd assume relatively quick, 8 gym battles to recover all of your pieces and a final, shock encounter with Leon who finally, both, loses the match and loses his cool.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
At least it better be. I am not going to fight all of the gym leaders twice.
To be clear, I personally hope you can rematch the gym leaders at some point. Its often more fun to face more important characters than the random NPCs you face in most battle facilities, and its a well-established thing in pokemon games.

Having to actually earn the badges again is what I find unlikely.

Ultra Beast Lover

To be clear, I personally hope you can rematch the gym leaders at some point. Its often more fun to face more important characters than the random NPCs you face in most battle facilities, and its a well-established thing in pokemon games.

Having to actually earn the badges again is what I find unlikely.
Yeah I just don't want to be forced into it

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
I would really enjoy the requirement of battling all gyms again. In stead of f-ing around the region with my finalized team and battling some trainers, there is a bigger purpose to traverse the region with my Pokemon again. It would feel cool to own the places that were once hurdles in your journey. I hope there's some more story elements besides rebattling the gyms, though

As interesting as that sounds I would be pretty skeptical that the gym leaders would actually make you battle them again to get the reissued pieces. Maybe if there were one or two really strict gym leaders they might require that, but most gym leaders in most regions seem like they'd be more than happy to give you a replacement badge if you simply explained that yours was lost/stolen.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
@123Day5 He brings up a very good point about Let's Go being a way to bring in Go players, and it definitely looks to be the same with Dynamaxing bringing in players with Raids.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Fake if giving new information because "it sounds too ridiculous to be true/GameFreak would never do that" (as seen with that other one from a page or two ago) and fake if supporting another "leak" because "it's just piggybacking off another leak."

Technically, all of these "leaks" are fake until proven real no matter the content.

Not that I think this one is real either because, as I said, I don't think GameFreak would give any Pokemon a weapon resembling a knife.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I honestly trust most of these rumors as far as I can throw them, the one that mentioned Yamper could be true but again it's hard to say.
That first bit is me as well, as for the second part... I think that they throw in bits of the 'truth' to try to help sell their rumors.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
That first bit is me as well, as for the second part... I think that they throw in bits of the 'truth' to try to help sell their rumors.

That still means they knew the 'truth' well in advance of the rest of us. The Yamper leak I think has enough credibility at this point to say it's probably true, especially because almost everything in it was revealed after the leak was posted. I don't think we can entirely rule out the possibility that they saw the Direct early, but the existence of Yamper means that not only would they have to have seen the Direct early, they also would have to have had access to the E3 demo early. The combination of these two facts makes it highly unlikely.

The leaker has just been a little too consistently right to write it off as coincidence. Sure, it's a possibility he sprinkled some fake information in. It doesn't really make sense why he would, but he is apparently a 4chan poster so I guess making sense is extrinsic. However, even if some of the information is fake, he still knew a lot of information well in advance of its official release, so I'd say that qualifies as at least a partially valid leak.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That still means they knew the 'truth' well in advance of the rest of us. The Yamper leak I think has enough credibility at this point to say it's probably true, especially because almost everything in it was revealed after the leak was posted. I don't think we can entirely rule out the possibility that they saw the Direct early, but the existence of Yamper means that not only would they have to have seen the Direct early, they also would have to have had access to the E3 demo early. The combination of these two facts makes it highly unlikely.

The leaker has just been a little too consistently right to write it off as coincidence. Sure, it's a possibility he sprinkled some fake information in. It doesn't really make sense why he would, but he is apparently a 4chan poster so I guess making sense is extrinsic. However, even if some of the information is fake, he still knew a lot of information well in advance of its official release, so I'd say that qualifies as at least a partially valid leak.
Either that, or they guessed very well. Maybe, maybe not.

I still take it with a huge grain of salt.

I'm not sure which leak people are referring to, but there's no way the pre-Direct Dynamax leak was just lucky guesswork. Their post mentioned:

- Hop
- Dynamaxing
- Sonia
- Leon
- The chipmunk Pokémon
- Milo
- Nessa
- Wooloo
- Yamper (misspelled/typed as Pamper)
- Nessa's water-blocking puzzle
- Wild Area
- 4 person Raids against wild Dynamax Pokémon
- Camping

Some of that wasn't even included in the Direct trailer (like Nessa and her Gym's puzzle, which weren't shown until E3). That leaker did get a couple things wrong, like the two Legendary wolves being the same Pokémon (possibly due to misremembering or deliberately sprinkling in some misinformation), but there's no denying that individual clearly had early access to quite a lot of accurate info. That doesn't mean everything else he/she included is therefore "confirmed," of course, but they've proven to be far more reliable than not thus far.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Anyone see this yet?

Personally, I have my doubts that they'd give a Pokemon anything resembling a knife as a weapon for obvious reasons, but eh. Who knows?
The Ability only powers up one move, so doubtful. Also, it just looks like someone stuffed a normal Farfetch'd in armor, when most Pokemon's faces change upon evolution, however slightly.