• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Orphalesion

Remember Arceus? Kind of viewed that Pokémon as rather religious.

Arceus is made up religion though. it's not based on any specific deity, but rather takes the elements of a generic creator god (as they appear in nearly every religion and mythology).

Eternatus just sounds like its based off the Nuckelavee, which is kinda fitting.

Uh....

How exactly does this:
a completely black Pokemon named Eternatus that has its own Gigantamax form in which it looks like a king with a cape made of red clouds

Sound anything at all like:
The Nuckelavee is described as having a head and torso in the shape of a man but with a huge head and a large mouth protruding out like that of a pig. The creature had one single red eye that burned like fire. It had a man's torso attached to a horse's back but with long arms that could reach the ground. To add to the horror of his appearance the creature is without hair and skin. A raw body where his black blood could be seen coursing through his veins. Every pulsating muscle on show. Its intention towards all humans who crossed his path completely malevolent.
?

So no it doesn't sound like a Nuckelavee at all.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Arceus is made up religion though. it's not based on any specific deity, but rather takes the elements of a generic creator god (as they appear in nearly every religion and mythology).

Uh....

How exactly does this:

Sound anything at all like:

?

So no it doesn't sound like a Nuckelavee at all.
Maybe, but I remember there being some controversy about it.

Orphalesion

Maybe, but I remember there being some controversy about it.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I think there might be way more controversy if they styled Pokemon after gods or figures from religions that are still around today, so the idea that Chariman Rose will use "Religion based Pokemon" sounds fishy and problematic.

Unless it would be Pokemon based on Shinto Kami, Japanese culture seems to be pretty relaxed about having Kami from Shintoism appear as characters in video games.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised, but I think there might be way more controversy if they styled Pokemon after gods or figures from religions that are still around today, so the idea that Chariman Rose will use "Religion based Pokemon" sounds fishy and problematic.

Unless it would be Pokemon based on Shinto Kami, Japanese culture seems to be pretty relaxed about having Kami from Shintoism appear as characters in video games.
I agree with you there. It wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure. Usually Evangelical Christians have a big fit over that kind of thing, in terms of Pokémon.

Maybe.

catzeye

Writer's Block
It'd be cool to have two psuedo legendaries for this region, we already have pre-existing exclusive psuedo legendaries.

Yes! We haven't had two pseudo lines since Gen 3. They could make one that's more offensive and one that's more defensive. And make one of them a non-dragon type please! I love the dragon type but I really like seeing some diversity in the pseudo typings. Like maybe a ghost/water type pseudo?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm happy they might be continuing to expand upon Pokemon Amie, I was playing around with it in Alpha Sapphire and you can really tell that it was just a test. Pokemon Refresh was fun because you could clean your Pokemon up after battles but I'd like a way to play with my Pokemon outside of a minigame.
I think that the camping feature mentioned in the credible leak is the new version of Amie/Refresh.

Saddlers_End

I think that the camping feature mentioned in the credible leak is the new version of Amie/Refresh.

Agreed! Especially after seeing in the treehouse footage that there are new items, such as the sack of potatoes and the pungent root, I could see us camping and making new foods for our Pokemon. I wonder how extensive this mechanic will be though.

Ultra Beast Lover

Agreed! Especially after seeing in the treehouse footage that there are new items, such as the sack of potatoes and the pungent root, I could see us camping and making new foods for our Pokemon. I wonder how extensive this mechanic will be though.
They'll probably do what they did with the original Pokemon Amie and essentially give us some of the basics of what the feature will be like, see if fans like camping and want it to be more extensive, and if we do then they'll add on to it.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
They'll probably do what they did with the original Pokemon Amie and essentially give us some of the basics of what the feature will be like, see if fans like camping and want it to be more extensive, and if we do then they'll add on to it.
This so much awesome as it is like takeshi (brock) cook for Pokemon in the Pokemon anime show!

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Don't expect anything significant from Pokenchi.
Expecting news from Pokenchi is like expecting Serebii to pivot to video.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

If someone expected news from Pokenchi, i would say Corocoro have better chance than it (even Corocoro nowday are hopeless for news)

...but i guess i kind of look forward to it in another way, i have made a promise to laugh someone when it air after all.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So it will just show stuff we already know in a new light?

We likely won’t even get that. They tend to just show the exact trailer that was released earlier then discuss it.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I noticed as I said in the other thread, Kabu means fog in Fijian. Maybe we could have a split Fire/Flying gym in the industrial town.