1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Haikiri, Keeper Of The Gates Precarious

That's too obvious. Just like Leon would be too obvious. ! The real evil team leaders are Magnolia and Sonia!

2. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Arceus is made up religion though. it's not based on any specific deity, but rather takes the elements of a generic creator god (as they appear in nearly every religion and mythology).

Uh....

How exactly does this:
    Sound anything at all like:
    ?

So no it doesn't sound like a Nuckelavee at all.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Maybe, but I remember there being some controversy about it.

anjunajake, Orphalesion and wolf jani like this.
  4. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised, but I think there might be way more controversy if they styled Pokemon after gods or figures from religions that are still around today, so the idea that Chariman Rose will use "Religion based Pokemon" sounds fishy and problematic.

Unless it would be Pokemon based on Shinto Kami, Japanese culture seems to be pretty relaxed about having Kami from Shintoism appear as characters in video games.

5. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

I agree with you there. It wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure. Usually Evangelical Christians have a big fit over that kind of thing, in terms of Pokémon.

Maybe.

Orphalesion and wolf jani like this.
  6. Lion Demon

Lion Demon Fairy Type Champion

It'd be cool to have two psuedo legendaries for this region, we already have pre-existing exclusive psuedo legendaries.

catzeye and wolf jani like this.
  7. catzeye

catzeye Writer's Block

Yes! We haven't had two pseudo lines since Gen 3. They could make one that's more offensive and one that's more defensive. And make one of them a non-dragon type please! I love the dragon type but I really like seeing some diversity in the pseudo typings. Like maybe a ghost/water type pseudo?

8. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I think that the camping feature mentioned in the credible leak is the new version of Amie/Refresh.

9. Saddlers_End

Saddlers_End Member

Agreed! Especially after seeing in the treehouse footage that there are new items, such as the sack of potatoes and the pungent root, I could see us camping and making new foods for our Pokemon. I wonder how extensive this mechanic will be though.

wolf jani likes this.
  10. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

They'll probably do what they did with the original Pokemon Amie and essentially give us some of the basics of what the feature will be like, see if fans like camping and want it to be more extensive, and if we do then they'll add on to it.

Saddlers_End, Redstar45 and wolf jani like this.
  11. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime canon cop !

This so much awesome as it is like takeshi (brock) cook for Pokemon in the Pokemon anime show!

12. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

Any more credible leaks? I don't think the first credible leaker is going to reveal anything else, I think that their time portal completely ran out of power.

anjunajake and wolf jani like this.
  13. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

Well no but do we really need more leaks when we are getting official news in 6 days?

wolf jani likes this.
  14. RileyXY1

Don't expect anything significant from Pokenchi.

15. amoebo

amoebo amoeboVGC

Expecting news from Pokenchi is like expecting Serebii to pivot to video.

wolf jani likes this.
  16. PreschoolerFromNowhere

PreschoolerFromNowhere Well-Known Member

If someone expected news from Pokenchi, i would say Corocoro have better chance than it (even Corocoro nowday are hopeless for news)

...but i guess i kind of look forward to it in another way, i have made a promise to laugh someone when it air after all.

17. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

So it will just show stuff we already know in a new light?

wolf jani likes this.
  18. RileyXY1

That's what Pokenchi usually did back in SM's prerelease period.

wolf jani likes this.
  19. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

We likely won’t even get that. They tend to just show the exact trailer that was released earlier then discuss it.

wolf jani likes this.
  20. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Pokémon Music Fan

I noticed as I said in the other thread, Kabu means fog in Fijian. Maybe we could have a split Fire/Flying gym in the industrial town.

wolf jani likes this.