• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Oh god, so now people are seriously running Kabu through google translate in hopes of guessing his/her type?

Hey, it means "spoon" in Klingon, must be steel type! :rolleyes:

Nonsense, clearly they would be Psychic-type and utilize the new Gigantamax Alakazam, who levitates even more spoons!

ShadowForce720

You know in regards to the whole getting some sort of information from Pokenchi on the 21st I wouldn't mind it if they finally officially reveal Impidimp, considering that we already know about it from the demo so it seems weird that they didn't officially reveal it when they did the official reveal for Yamper.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think we’ll get 3 Pokémon revealed. Impidimp, the regional bird, and the regional bug maybe.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

I'll say again, the "news" they promised in Pokenchi are just a recap, no new information, don't just hope up like that, jeez...i don't like when people being so stubborn, news will drop when it ready but 100% not in Pokenchi, and not in this week or next week too! :mad:

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I'll say again, the "news" they promised in Pokenchi are just a recap, no new information, don't just hope up like that, jeez...i don't like when people being so stubborn, news will drop when it ready but 100% not in Pokenchi, and not in this week or next week too! :mad:

Expecting something and hoping for it are very different things. Why would people being optimistic for news upset you? And there's no need to constantly remind people that it's unlikely because you've already said it anyway, they already know, but there is no harm in hoping.

ShadowForce720

Would you calm down it's, just speculation and to be frank it said that the latest information, which could refer to a recap or revealing new information, although at the end of the day while it's not confirmed that were getting new information, however at the same time it's not confirmed that it's a recap of information either. I'm not saying that it's guaranteed that were getting new information or that I'm expecting it, nor are other people, however there is nothing wrong on me or other people speculating on if we do get new information what will it be.

Also in regards to that last part about that there will 100% be no new information in Pokenchi or this week or next week, how do you know this exactly? I mean may I remind you that we literally got a trailer on July 8th that dropped out of no where and without warning. So us suddenly getting information this week or next week isn't a far out there idea, and there is nothing wrong with people speculating on when will get the next set of information.

Last edited:

PreschoolerFromNowhere

I hate when people hoping for something they already knew it never been real, there's a little gap between wishful/optimistic thinking and being an idiot, if you follow the game since SM, you already know how long between each information drop will be and not this week, not next week and not in Pokenchi, don't make me repeat this again, just give up already and stop being an idiot! :mad::mad::mad:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Enough. Continue this line of discussion and this thread will be locked. General warning directed at everyone.

Saddlers_End

Well, what is something that people would like to hear more about? I personally would love to see more about the Rotom phone and how people interact with each other, etc.

Some features I would love to see again is the typing chart from DPP. Thought that was always handy. Maybe a way to call your friends or send them messages? What do you all think? Anything you want to see with the Rotom phone?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Well, what is something that people would like to hear more about? I personally would love to see more about the Rotom phone and how people interact with each other, etc.

Some features I would love to see again is the typing chart from DPP. Thought that was always handy. Maybe a way to call your friends or send them messages? What do you all think? Anything you want to see with the Rotom phone?
I'd love to hear more about the features that will be part of it too.

That would be cool, typing wise. Maybe we could have a portable Pokémon rater/iv/ev checker.

Saddlers_End

I'd love to hear more about the features that will be part of it too.

That would be cool, typing wise. Maybe we could have a portable Pokémon rater/iv/ev checker.

As someone who has never paid enough attention to IVs, etc., I would honestly really like that feature. Something that allows you to rate your Pokemon and while in the wild area, find Pokemon that had better IVs. Maybe something along the lines of LGPE combo catching, but something more like the ORAS dexnav. Having something like that in the game would, in my opinion, make it more desirable to learn about IVs, EVs, etc. I would jump right on that.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
As someone who has never paid enough attention to IVs, etc., I would honestly really like that feature. Something that allows you to rate your Pokemon and while in the wild area, find Pokemon that had better IVs. Maybe something along the lines of LGPE combo catching, but something more like the ORAS dexnav. Having something like that in the game would, in my opinion, make it more desirable to learn about IVs, EVs, etc. I would jump right on that.
Exactly. It would be nice to have that on hand and not have to keep on traveling to a city/location to find out a Pokémon's stats. Or even something like what we had in Let's Go. The set up there was nice too.

Saddlers_End

Exactly. It would be nice to have that on hand and not have to keep on traveling to a city/location to find out a Pokémon's stats. Or even something like what we had in Let's Go. The set up there was nice too.

Thinking about this, I could see this playing a part in breeding too and this would be great to have to rate eggs as they hatch and whatnot, which brings another thought to mind.

I expect GF will be implementing normal boxes again within the game for Pokemon storage, unlike Let's Go, however it would be cool if they have it possible to have extra Pokemon in standby in your bag or something. Like having a second party that would save us the trouble of going and switching Pokemon or at Pokemon centers, etc. At least having an easier way to change Pokemon would be nice.

Edit: fixed a typo

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Oh god, so now people are seriously running Kabu through google translate in hopes of guessing his/her type?

Hey, it means "spoon" in Klingon, must be steel type! :rolleyes:

Well, Kabu in Japanese literally translates to turnip, so we're not off to a great start. lol

However, Kabu is also Arabic for basement, or dungeon, so that's something to jump onto.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Thinking about this, I could see this playing a part in breeding too and this would be great to have to rate eggs as they hatch and whatnot, which brings another thought to mind.

I expect GF will be implementing normal boxes again within the game for Pokemon storage, unlike Let's Go, however it would be cool if they have it possible to have extra Pokemon in standby in your bag or something. Like having a second party that would save us the trouble of going and switching Pokemon or at Pokemon centers, etc. At least having an easier way to change Pokemon would be nice.

Edit: fixed a typo
That would be interesting.

Maybe... but we don't know exactly what's going to happen with that just yet though.

Well, Kabu in Japanese literally translates to turnip, so we're not off to a great start. lol

However, Kabu is also Arabic for basement, or dungeon, so that's something to jump onto.
I like the bottom one, maybe the gym itself is more of a dungeon like one, with different kinds of puzzles in it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I like the bottom one, maybe the gym itself is more of a dungeon like one, with different kinds of puzzles in it.

Well, upon further digging, it seems kabu (قبو) is the common word for vault in Arabic, which explains its translation to 'dungeon.'

And as we all know, vaults are made of metal. Yeah, I'm running with this one. lol

Saddlers_End

That would be interesting.

Maybe... but we don't know exactly what's going to happen with that just yet though.

That is true! Speculation is to much fun sometimes haha. Time will definitely tell in how it all works out :)

Puzzle gyms are enjoyable and a dungeon themed one would be neat. I saw that Nessa's gym had a water pillar puzzle, but I hope that there are some more didn't puzzles implemented in SwSh.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That is true! Speculation is to much fun sometimes haha. Time will definitely tell in how it all works out :)

Puzzle gyms are enjoyable and a dungeon themed one would be neat. I saw that Nessa's gym had a water pillar puzzle, but I hope that there are some more didn't puzzles implemented in SwSh.
Yep.

Definitely. Yea I'm looking forward to hers. Might be fun trying to figure it out.

Well, upon further digging, it seems kabu (قبو) is the common word for vault in Arabic, which explains its translation to 'dungeon.'

And as we all know, vaults are made of metal. Yeah, I'm running with this one. lol
Ah... so maybe the gym is in a bank. :p

Yep you are. But it's not a bad thing.