• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I think that Tyranitar and Kommo-o are getting Gigantamax forms because of the launch event featuring them, which is similar to Torchic and Blazikenite in XY and Munchlax and Snorlium in SM. Anyways, I think that this is fake. I don't see that many Pokemon getting Gigantamax forms, and Tyranitar and Kommo-o, who are highly likely to get Gigantamax forms, are not listed.
This is different because Torchic and Munchlax were wifi events. Larvitar and Jangmo-o are part of a dual pack and are just a means to get them much earlier.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The Fire starter isn't getting a non-Blaze ability without the other two also getting one. Now, Wailord Gigantimax would be something to see, but why wouldn't Alola get anything? Or Sinnoh? Or the box Legendaries for Galar?
Yeah. It sound fake, and the lack of Sinnoh G-Max forms may because the leaker thinks that the next games will be Sinnoh remakes, although I don't know why Alola will be excluded, especially considering that an Alolan Pokemon (Kommo-o) is highly likely to receive a Gigantamax form.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Kanto starters again? Yak

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Putting this here, the full demo.

Julia Artemis

So has when does Pokeinchi start tonight? Long shot that we might get news. Only reason giving this rumor any weight because the rumor of a trailer dropping this upcoming week and revealing Dusk Lycanroc during the build up for USUM

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Given all the memes surrounding Dynamax Wailord after that reveal, Gigantamax Wailord sounds a bit too much like something fans would want to see IMO. That, along with several other things already mentioned, make me think it's fake.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
So has when does Pokeinchi start tonight? Long shot that we might get news. Only reason giving this rumor any weight because the rumor of a trailer dropping this upcoming week and revealing Dusk Lycanroc during the build up for USUM
Apparently Pokeinchi had nothing new to report (it would have been mentioned on the front page otherwise). We could still get a trailer but it makes it a bit less likely of more news dropping near the end of July.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Apparently Pokeinchi had nothing new to report (it would have been mentioned on the front page otherwise). We could still get a trailer but it makes it a bit less likely of more news dropping near the end of July.

Pokeinchi never has anything new to report. It's why I stopped watching them.

It is the biggest troll show in the history of television. lol

shadowF

When does everyone think we will get more Pokemon Sword and Shield news? it would help confirm or deny some of these new leaks popping up.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
ae8jfjckedb31.png

Just found this on the Pokemon SwSh subreddit, thought it would be worthwhile to share. Honestly, of all the leaks I've read/seen,I don't think this is a good one.

Why?

Because, from what we have seen, there are different Pokemon that are in the Max Raid battles, such as Weavile, Larvitar line, Jangmo-o line, etc. that between the exclusivity for Larvitar, Goomy, Jangmo-o, and Deino, and the actual Max Raid battles feature, that I believe these Pokemon would gigantamax.

By this I mean that any Pokemon that I can get in a Max Raid battle, I assume I can grind to get a gigantamax version of it. I know, this isn't a for sure guaranteed thing, but I think that this is a fair assumption.

Let alone, the leak seems to reiterate what some other people hope/expect the starter typing to be when they hit their final evolution.

Edit: added a few words

Very convenient how the only Galarian Pokémon that get Gigantamaxed forms are the ones already revealed and their evolutions.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Very convenient how the only Galarian Pokémon that get Gigantamaxed forms are the ones already revealed and their evolutions.
Too convenient. It's partially why I don't believe this leak at all.

R0shan

Arcaknight
ae8jfjckedb31.png

Just found this on the Pokemon SwSh subreddit, thought it would be worthwhile to share. Honestly, of all the leaks I've read/seen,I don't think this is a good one.

Why?

Because, from what we have seen, there are different Pokemon that are in the Max Raid battles, such as Weavile, Larvitar line, Jangmo-o line, etc. that between the exclusivity for Larvitar, Goomy, Jangmo-o, and Deino, and the actual Max Raid battles feature, that I believe these Pokemon would gigantamax.

By this I mean that any Pokemon that I can get in a Max Raid battle, I assume I can grind to get a gigantamax version of it. I know, this isn't a for sure guaranteed thing, but I think that this is a fair assumption.

Let alone, the leak seems to reiterate what some other people hope/expect the starter typing to be when they hit their final evolution.

Edit: added a few words

If this is true, some of these Gigantamax form selections are so random. Exploud? Flygon? Cinccino? Did they use a randomizer here...

Generally Mega Evolutions were given to the more popular Pokemon, so I would suspect that would follow for previous gen Gigantamax form choices.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I heard rumors about a trailer on July 24. They both mention the elephant and a new larva (which could be the regional bug) and a shark.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
They suddenly dropped a new trailer without any announcement last July 8th. I've been honestly expecting them to drop a new trailer at least every other week. Back in SM's, we were almost constantly bombarded with info and announcement of when the next trailer will drop. I think it's the same with USUM. But Gen 8 feels kinda slow, despite having around 4 months left.

Anyway, for reference, the following are the release date of trailers during Sun & Moon's 2016 pre-release period. Do note that this list are just trailers. Not counting site updates, CoroCoro and other outside sources.:

Feb 26 - Announcement
May 10 - Starters
Jun 02 - Alola, Box Legends, Rotom Dex, Kukui, Hau, Lillie
Jun 11 - Zygarde Formes
Jun 14 - Pikipek, Yungoos, Grubbin, Battle Royal
Jun 30 - Drampa, Togedemaru, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Bruxish, Charjabug, Rockruff, Komala, Tapu Koko, Hala
Jul 07 - Salandit
Jul 13 - Poke Ride, Pokemon Refresh
Jul 19 - Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, Bewear, Hyper Training
Aug 01 - A-Vulpix/Ninetales, A-Sandshrew/Sandslash, A-Exeggutor, Oricorio, Minor, Gumshoos, Fomantis, Lurantis, Mudbray, Z-Moves, Trials
Aug 11 - A-Raichu, A-Meowth, A-Marowak, Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku, Morelull, Team Skull, Plumeria, Guzma
Aug 18 - Turtonator
Aug 19 - Crabrawler, Sandygast, Palossand, Stufful
Sep 01 - A-Rattata
Sep 06 - UB-01, Type:Null, Jangmo-o, A-Raticate, Aether Foundation, Lusamine, Faba, Wicke, Gladion, Poke Finder
Sep 08 - Samson Oak
Sep 14 - UB-02 Absorption, UB-02 Expansion
Sep 20 - Customization, Passimian, Oranguru, Lycanroc (and forms), PokeBank Update for Gen 7
Oct 04 - Dartrix, Torracat, Brionne, Festival Plaza, Poke Pelago, Mega Evo Confirmed, Ash-Greninja
Oct 14 - Silvally, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Steenee, Tsareena, Ribombee, A-Grimer/Muk, Olivia, Ilima
Oct 27 - Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cosmog, A-Persian, Battle Tree, Cynthia, Red, Blue
Oct 28 - *nothing significant*
Oct 31 - *nothing significant*
Nov 14 - Starter Z-Moves, UB-03 Lighting, UB-05 Glutton
Nov 18 - Launch

I'm sure I missed something about the trailers' contents, but what matters are the release dates of trailers.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
They suddenly dropped a new trailer without any announcement last July 8th. I've been honestly expecting them to drop a new trailer at least every other week. Back in SM's, we were almost constantly bombarded with info and announcement of when the next trailer will drop. I think it's the same with USUM. But Gen 8 feels kinda slow, despite having around 4 months left.

Anyway, for reference, the following are the release date of trailers during Sun & Moon's 2016 pre-release period:

Feb 26 - Announcement
May 10 - Starters
Jun 02 - Alola, Box Legends, Rotom Dex, Kukui, Hau, Lillie
Jun 11 - Zygarde Formes
Jun 14 - Pikipek, Yungoos, Grubbin, Battle Royal
Jun 30 - Drampa, Togedemaru, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Bruxish, Charjabug, Rockruff, Komala, Tapu Koko, Hala
Jul 07 - Salandit
Jul 13 - Poke Ride, Pokemon Refresh
Jul 19 - Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, Bewear, Hyper Training
Aug 01 - A-Vulpix/Ninetales, A-Sandshrew/Sandslash, A-Exeggutor, Oricorio, Minor, Gumshoos, Fomantis, Lurantis, Mudbray, Z-Moves, Trials
Aug 11 - A-Raichu, A-Meowth, A-Marowak, Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku, Morelull, Team Skull, Plumeria, Guzma
Aug 18 - Turtonator
Aug 19 - Crabrawler, Sandygast, Palossand, Stufful
Sep 01 - A-Rattata
Sep 06 - UB-01, Type:Null, Jangmo-o, A-Raticate, Aether Foundation, Lusamine, Faba, Wicke, Gladion, Poke Finder
Sep 08 - Samson Oak
Sep 14 - UB-02 Absorption, UB-02 Expansion
Sep 20 - Customization, Passimian, Oranguru, Lycanroc (and forms), PokeBank Update for Gen 7
Oct 04 - Dartrix, Torracat, Brionne, Festival Plaza, Poke Pelago, Mega Evo Confirmed, Ash-Greninja
Oct 14 - Silvally, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Steenee, Tsareena, Ribombee, A-Grimer/Muk, Olivia, Ilima
Oct 27 - Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cosmog, A-Persian, Battle Tree, Cynthia, Red, Blue
Oct 28 - *nothing significant*
Oct 31 - *nothing significant*
Nov 14 - Starter Z-Moves, UB-03 Lighting, UB-05 Glutton
Nov 18 - Launch
No, USUM didn't spoil us like SM did in '16. While the news eased the drought, what came after was disappointing. Oh wait, there wasn't anything coming after. They 'leaked' the game in its entirety and left us almost nothing to discover IG.

I'm almost convinced that July 8 trailer was a tactic. Gigantamaxing is probably one of the most important features Sword and Shield have, then why drop it without any prior notification? Handling it discreet shuts the credible leakers who have connections to insiders for new sources. I'm inclined to think that if we were notified, we'd be heard about the small bits of Rolycoly, Alcremie and Duraludon somehow.

They might have done it to ensure damage control, since we've already gotten huge pile of news through the Dynamax leak so, could be an idea to save fresh, new, information. Regardless, I didn't like the sudden drop of trailer and was missing it if it wasn't for Serebii forums.

Last edited: