• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Tactics - Fifth Strike

CuriousHeartless

Well, it's been a while since I owned anything other than a round in my god friend digipoke's Roll to Dodge. I have an upcoming summer break and only four days of school left, so I decided to reopen a game I once owned and that has been dead for almost or over two years. So welcome back to:

Pokémon Tactics

Fifth Strike

Here is the basic run-down of how Pokémon Tactics Works:

You, the people, sign-up following the guide posted later on. Then I, the host, will split you into three teams and then post a challenge. Depending on the challenge, either every person will post how their character got through, you will be paired into smaller teams who have to work together, or on rare occasions I will give a large challenge your whole team has to work together on to do.

I will take the responses and post how well they would work and creating a decision on which team will win. The winning team gets some sort of bonus for the next round. The two losing teams will go to a smaller challenge. The winner of that smaller challenge will get to survive, while the losers have to vote off a member.

This will go on until we have lost a good amount of our members, how much will depend on current team situations and how many joined to begin with. Then, all teams will be broken apart and we will move to part two. In part two, all challenges are either partner or solo challenges and everyone will be given a ranking. Last place is eliminated, while first place gets a bonus.

Rules:
1. Obviously, no god-moding or Mary Sues.
2. Be active. There are limited spots and we don't need them filled up with people who won't even try.
3. Do not be rude. There is no need for rudeness.
4. If you need to argue with me, PM me, do not start something in the thread. If you have a point, I will make appropriate edits, otherwise just sit-back and stop arguing.

Ranking System:
I will be utilizing the following rating system in all decisions. It is done on an individual basis for each response given, added up for teams, and then set to a base of 20 X the number of people on a full team, so that no team is screwed just for having less members.
Style: Up to 5 points can be awarded here. This is just how stylishly and interesting your response is.
Effectiveness: Up to 5 points can be awarded here. This is based on how well your tactics can get you through the situation.
Originality: How original your actions seem. Due to complexity of trying to figure out if something is original or not and to avoid any conflicts, this can only award up to 3 points.
Use of Skills and Environment: A big one as it is the main thing differentiating everyone. Anyone can say 'Do a cool flip' or 'Run the fastest way possible' or even 'Find a secret passage' for the previous categories. But this is how you do that cool flip, how you find that fast way, or how you make or utilize the tunnel. To balance out originality and because this is important, 7 points can be awarded.

Example of how grading would work: Say we get down to two members for two teams and three for the last. (Minimal given here and not actual set-up, just making a quick example)

Team 1, Member 1:
Not very interesting at all. 2/5
Effective, if boring. 4/5
Straight-forward, not original. 0/3
Too straight forward, if efficient. Not many skills used. 2/7
Total: 8/20

Team 1, Member 2:
Really awesome. 4/5
Kind of crazy, could be more efficient. 2/5
Very original, crazily and awesomely so. 3/3
You used all of your skills, but didn't do much with the environment of the challenge. 4/7
Total: 13/20

Team Total: 21/40. There were four starting members, so this is set to a base of 80, so 42/80.

Say Team 2 totaled out to 20/40 so it became 40/80.

Team 3 is the one with three people.

Player 1: 10/20
Player 2: 8/20
Player 3: Perfect 20/20
Team Total: 38/60
Set to base 80: 50.7/80

So team 3 has won, but because it was set to a baseline, it wasn't necessarily because they had the most members.

In partner challenges, the high limit on each is doubled and for full team challenges it is multiplied by however many people there are on the team.

Challenges: Challenges will be a prompt given, like an essay prompt on a test. It will have enough information to work off of, but will not be restrictive. You will be given a setting, lay-out and goal. Post how you would respond.

Example: You are in our wonderful Waterfall Cave. It is a four story cave with a waterfall flowing from a river on top of it. You are starting on the bottom floor and have to make your way to the fourth floor and beat a Steelix there.

Bonuses: Just a one-round bonus given to winners. It can range from a item, to being allowed to skip part of the challenge, to a general boost in an area for the whole team, to even a redistribution of the players. For balance reasons, a team cannot get more than two bonuses if they get a winning streak.

Responses: How you respond to a challenge. In solo challenges, just post your response along with a header of who your character is and which team you are on. In partner responses, PM your partner to come up with one response using both of your characters working together. Then one of you posts the response along with a header of the characters involved and which team you are on. In the team challenge, I will select a leader for your team. Everyone works together to create one large response and the leader posts it along with a header of which team they represent.

Please make all headers bold. And you will be judged on what is stated, not anything implied, so make sure not to miss anything.

Eliminations: If a team has lost both the main challenge and mini challenge, all members of that team are up for elimination. The other people on the team will PM me a vote and then whoever has the most votes from their team will be kicked out.

Sign-Ups:
Name: Just a name for your person.
Species: Obviously by the name of the game, this is about Pokémon, so choose a species. No legendaries, Ditto, or Smeargle.
Personality: Your characters personality. Try to fit how they respond to challenges to fit with their personalities. This will also be used in the occasional scripted part like eliminations and the opening, so give enough detail to use.
Special Skill: A special skill for your person. Should be possible to fit in with your character's species and personality, but I won't limit too much.
Ability: One ability that must be available to your character. Normal or Dream World, as long as it can have it.

Contestants:
Accepted Contestants.
:589: Excalibur; Male; Swordsman; Shell Armor
;376; Alex; Female; Death Meditation; Light Metal
;212; Kain; Male; Flying; Technician
;274; Karmilia; Female; Diversion expert; Pickpocket
Eight Spots Left.

If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to ask. Now to hope that this gets approved.

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Nice, this got approved. Sign-ups are therefore open for twelve spots. Also, one thing I forgot but will fix, on the SU include your ability. It must be an ability available for your character's species but it can be normal or DW.

Recon

Name: Excalibur
Species: Escavalier
Personality: Has a major superiority complex, often looking at everyone else with contempt. He'll often go on nonsensical rants about his "heroic tales" before bursting into a song about himself. He is extremely confident in himself and gets overconfident easily.
Special Skill: Is an exceptional fencer and general sword wielder.
Ability: Shell Armor

Armando Payne

Name: Alex
Species: Metagross
Personality: Being a member of the prestigious Metagross family, Alex is incredibly intelligent, but due to being intelligent and growing up on nothing but smarts, she's not good at making friends and she's also massively lacking in street smarts. She also has a tendency of miming death to get away with doing boring stuff. (I'll elaborate more on that below.) She's also pretentious and she has a tendency of annoying everyone around her with her smarts. She's also a Pseudo-Vegetarian. (I.E she can eat meat but she prefers leaves and grass. (Including Grass Types.)
Special Skill: Death Meditation. As I stated before she can fake dying, when she's completely motionless, she can meditate to boost her 4 brains up to find out the quickest, easiest way to get from Point A to Point B.
Ability: Light Metal (I guess that'll be good if I'd want to speed up. Also due to Alex not really eating hence why she'll be lighter.)

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Well the thread isn't allowing me to edit the original post. Grim Heaper, Excalibur is accepted. Armando, Alex needs an ability.

BugPokemonMaster316

Name: Kain
Species: Scizor ;212;
Personality: Kain has a relatively calm, cool, and collective personality. He never freaks out or gets worried no matter what the situation may be. He also enjoys talking to others and tends to often talk more than necessary. In addition, he doesn't like to fight, and only does so if there is a probable cause.
Special Skill: Kain can fly despite others Scizor not being able to. This is because his armor is lighter than others, allowing him to fly freely instead of being stuck to following the air currents.
Ability: Technician

Armando Payne

I've edited my profile.

lightpanda

The name's Light
Name: Karmilia (A.K.A. Karm)
Species: Nuzleaf
Personality: At first glance Karmillia seems shy, but get on her bad side and BOOM she has no qualms about killing you. Karm rarely forgives and never forgets, but she will always repay a debt and as soon as possible as well. Generally Karm is calm and collected always thinking though how she is going to kill you before doing so. she loves the sun and is not sneaky, often she was found sunning herself on a rock in her home forest. although she dislikes the dark she accepts that it,s part of her and will not hesitate to use one of her dark typed moves, she will never evolve as she realizes that Shiftry is one more step into darkness. Karm also loves speed, and has devoted her life to obtaining the fastest speed possible. Finally her leaf is much longer than normal and creates a sort of hair.
Special Skill: Karmillia is much faster than a norm Nuzleaf, she's even faster then her evolution Shiftry her speed matches the top speeds of Shaymin sky form.
Ability: Chlorophyll

lightpanda

The name's Light
Yea I was debating wather to change it this morning or not, but i think I will

lightpanda

The name's Light
sorry I have changed Karm's ability and special skill thanks!
Name: Karmilia (A.K.A. Karm)
Species: Nuzleaf
Personality: At first glance Karmillia seems shy, but get on her bad side and BOOM she has no qualms about killing you. Karm rarely forgives and never forgets, but she will always repay a debt and as soon as possible as well. Generally Karm is calm and collected always thinking though how she is going to kill you before doing so. she loves the sun and is not sneaky, often she was found sunning herself on a rock in her home forest. although she dislikes the dark she accepts that it,s part of her and will not hesitate to use one of her dark typed moves, she will never evolve as she realizes that Shiftry is one more step into darkness. Karmillia knows alot about slight of hand and diverting attention away from herself, and her special ability comes of that. Finally her leaf is much longer than normal and creates a sort of hair.
Special Skill: Karm can very esaly divert an enemies attention to another thing other then herself.
Ability: Pickpoket

CuriousHeartless

Okay, update accepted. And because I'm an idiot who can't add, I fixed some mistakes in the opening post where I said that 5+5+3+7=15.

lightpanda

The name's Light
who knows lots of people so we can play this game?