• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Tactics - The Return

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
Edited my sign up

CuriousHeartless

So, when is we starting'. That was sarcasm by the way. I am willing to wait, but the longer this takes more people are likely to quit or forget about this.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Oh, don't worry bout that from me. I have quite a long patience span.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Welcome to the return of Pokemon Tactics.

Ok I've decided to spice things up this season. YOU will be picking who wins. I'll explain that after the challenge is over.

We will be starting with a respectable 10 contestants. This will slowly be whittled down to two finalists who will face off in a head to head battle of wits, determination and skill.

The first challenge places the contestants at the base of a sheer cliff face. There are a few rocky outcrops but they are few and far between. The contestants must find a way to the top of this cliff. Sounds easy? Well I thought it was so I hired a group of Geodude to throw a steady stream of rocks down the cliff.

Leading these Geodude is a rather large Golem who will attack anything non Geodude on sight. Behind her is the finish point. Once the Golem has fainted, or is otherwise incapacitated, you may cross the finish line.

Remember, you are encouraged to be as inventive as possible and that is what you will be judged on. You have 48 hours to post you strategy in thread. Stealing of idea's will not get you far in this competition. Get cracking.

Name:pete
Pokemon:Swablu
Pokemon Nat Dex No.:333
Ability:Natural Cure
Moveset:
~ Sing
~ Mist
~ Astonish
~ Dragon Pulse

Survival;
as I can fly this is an easier task, I can destroy with rocks that are dangerous with Dragon Pulse and let the undangerous uns slip, this way I go slow but steady to the top I see a Geodude that has been tormenting me and as I evade a rock and he thinks I am hit by it I go up and use my astonish attacke. He faints, the other Geodudes where left helpless as I flew higher than they could throw, the mother Golem came who was able to hit me came (I wasn't going to let that happen) and I hit it off with a nice Mist, making it hard for them to see and as they were surprised by the sudden smoke I blended in with the clouds above and because of the mist they couldn't see the sky anymore as I conitued through the sky and landed behind the Golem The mist was gone and the Geodude saw me so they threw rocks at me wich I evaded but one of them hit the Golem making it faint as it still had no idea I was behind it, I used mist once again, and made a run for it to the finish line.

some things: I didn't use sing as everybody knows, Golem and Geodude have no ears, making it a breakpoint if anyone pointed that out.

CuriousHeartless

First!

Corvus uses Psychic to grab a lot of the rocks getting thrown at him and makes them into a large slab. He then flies up the cliff using the slab as a shield, turning and adding to it as neccesary. After he rises above the cliff some he releases the Psychic and uses Steel Wing to send rock clods flying at the Geodude and Golem. He then uses a Fly/Steel Wing combo to divebomb Golem and break the ground its standing on. Corvus then uses Psychic to bring a Geodude over to him and Steel Wings it into the Golem to make sure that it is done for. He finishes of by crossing the finish line.

edit: Beat by Pup. I was working on it from before he posted though, so any similarities are puurely coincidental. I think I chose like the perfect moveset for this challenge, but Gyarados is probably the best pokemon for it.

Last edited:

Dittoman97

Piplup?
Name: Kesha
Pokemon: Lopunny
National Dex No.: 428
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves:
~Bounce
~Dig
~Ice Beam
~Sunny Day
How Often am I on: Once a Day

Kesha begins by using sunny day, followed by dig, and goes underneath the mountain. She digs a large hole under the mountain, which the mountain will fall into, effectively making the mountain short enough to bounce on top of. To avoid all of the rocks while bouncing onto the mountain, she uses icebeam on them. This will turn the rocks into ice, and they will melt. When she makes it to the golem, she uses icebeam again, which will melt into water, drenching golem. It's Ultra Effective. If golem still is alive, she will bounce on top of him, and ice beam Golem from the top.

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Since everyone else is posting their sign-ups here, I shall too. Also, I see I forgot to put the ability, so John's ability shall be Blaze.
Pokemon: Monferno
Nat Dex No.: 391
Moveset:
~ Flare Blitz
~ Mach Punch
~ Close Combat
~ Flame Wheel
How Often You Are On: I am on almost every day, but on most weekdays only thirty minutes.

John the Monferno races up the mountain, using his fast speed, and Mach Punches every Geodude that tries to attack John. Every time a group of Geodude surround John, he uses Close Combat to knock them all off the mountain. When he finally gets to the Golem, repeating this pattern, he uses Flare Blitz on the Golem. He jumps away, then uses Flame Wheel, setting the Golem on fire. Then, he jumps back again, and punches Golem repeatedly with Close Combat, knocking it out and allowing John to pass the finish line.

Last edited:

Ditto123

~Word~
do i has to post the sign up?

Blackout uses night slash on the ground to create a dust cloud and obscure the geodudes' and the golem's vision
Then Blackout races down the hill while the geodudes and golem randomly throws rocks
Blackout uses swords DANCE to dance around the rocks
Then, he uses superpower to take out the geodudes and golems

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Name: Jess
Pokemon: Furret
Pokemon Nat Dex No.: 162
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset:
~Whirlpool
~Mimic
~Double Team
~Shock Wave

Jess uses Whirlpool around itself to stop the rocks from pelting her (luckily her Keen Eye ability lets her see through the water). She then uses Double Team to circle round the Golem, and traps it in another Whirlpool, buying Jess time to think. She moves the Whirlpool over the edge of the cliff, she then zaps the Whirlpool with Shock Wave to hurt stop it, making the Golem fall of the cliff.

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Name: Nash
Pokemon: Loudred
Pokemon Nat Dex No.: 294
Ability: Soundproof
Moveset:
~ Howl
~ Protect
~ Brick Break
~ Level Ground

Nash starts climbing the mountain when a boulder comes hurtling toward him. Right away, he uses Protect to deflect the boulder. But he notices another boulder coming quickly at him. Since Protect usually doesn't work two times in a row, Nash Howls of confidence first, then protects the second boulder just in time. As he climbs the mountain further, he comes across another Geodude. Nash quickly uses Brick Break on the Geodude, and because he used Howl earlier, Nash's strength rose and the Geodude faints. Finally, Nash gets to the Golem. The mountain path seemed very uneven, and the Golem was at an advantages.To make the goal easier to reach, Nash leveled the ground around him, which leveled the ground from where he was to the goal. But the Golem wasn't giving up. As Nash was running to the Golem, the Golem used Rock Slide on Nash, and Nash used one more protect to save him from the final attack. And then, Nash ran up to the Golem and used Brick Break on the golem, which broke his bricks indefinately. Nash then finally ran to the goal.

Houndude619

Like a BadLuck Absol
Chip moves a fair way away from the cliff(safe from the Geodude) points his mouth downwards and fires a dragon pulse from his mouth to propel him upwards, he also uses ice beam from the side of his mouth to freeze the attack when he reaches the top he lands on top of the frozen dragon pulsed pillar and uses ice beam to connect the pillar to the edge of the cliff and slide across. With the Golem Chip uses rain dance and activates swift swim, Chip uses surf on Golem then uses ice beam on the water around Golem to freeze her and Chip swiftly flops about to the finish line before Golem defrosts.

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
brandyjay said:
The first challenge places the contestants at the base of a sheer cliff face. There are a few rocky outcrops but they are few and far between. The contestants must find a way to the top of this cliff. Sounds easy? Well I thought it was so I hired a group of Geodude to throw a steady stream of rocks down the cliff.

Leading these Geodude is a rather large Golem who will attack anything non Geodude on sight. Behind her is the finish point. Once the Golem has fainted, or is otherwise incapacitated, you may cross the finish line.

Remember, you are encouraged to be as inventive as possible and that is what you will be judged on. You have 48 hours to post you strategy in thread. Stealing of idea's will not get you far in this competition. Get cracking.

I first use Swagger to confuse the Geodudes so they start attacking each other. I use Hydro Pump to launch myself from one rocky outcrop to the next. When a rock hurtles towards me, I use Protect. When I see a Geodude throwing itself down, I use Hydro Pump to knock it out. I use Hydro Pump to knock out the Golem, then I cross the finish line.

Ditto123

~Word~
just saying, but 48 hours have past

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Ok there is nine of you. You will be the nine that participate in the next challenge. The three that didn't post are out. So that was a warm up.

Before I post the next challenge however someone will be awarded immunity.

You may choose to vote or choose not to vote. Should you choose to vote you may not vote for yourself and you should PM me your vote. The person that you all choose for immunity will not be able to be eliminated in the next round. In the event of a tie I will pick the winner.

You have until the next round. The next round will start in two days.

Ditto123

~Word~
So let me clarify

We have the option to vote for someone EXCEPT ourselves and they cannot be booted out?

Whats the point of that?

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I voted. :D

Ditto123

~Word~
why?

i dont see the point of giving someone else an edge
and if no one votes, u have a chance of winning b/c everyone is tied

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Voted.