• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Tactics - The Return

Houndude619

Like a BadLuck Absol
Good sportsmanship also its an extra incentive to make better posts.

In my opinion the person that did the best post for the challenge should get immunity so I thus voted for them. But by chance if people think mine was the best they could have voted for me, same goes for you ditto.

Its rewarding the best and giving incentive for you to be the best.

Dittoman97

Piplup?
I agree, today seemed to be a rough patch in major creativity, but at least one person had to do remotely well. Right? So I voted.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
crap im out =(

CuriousHeartless

Yeah, I truthfully don't think many of these are good. But, it is the first round so I don't blame anybody. But really, running or flying up and simply using attacks like they are meant to be? That isn't tactically. That is boring. Especially the people who 'flew out of range' or something like that. To hit them they have to be able to reach you so being 'out of range' is a bad thing. Yeah,I don't think I'll vote this round.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Honestly, I voted for what made sense to me, and a lot of them didn't make much sense. Even I was kind of using the Level Ground move a bit unrealistically.

Ditto123

~Word~
it is 2 days from the announcement

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
I'm late, sorry.

Anyway voting is over. The results will be revealed only if they have to be.

btw, if you guys want a link to the first season (The one that had the best players imo) for some ideas of what I am looking for then I can.

Ok to the next challenge.

In the interest of boosting creative thinking this challenge will be very restricting.

This is a survival challenge with three rounds.
Round 1: A warehounse that has many types of machinery. Here you are teamed up with a Beldum to take on a Rotom and a Mangeton. Rotom and Magneton are invunerable to attacks but each will take control of a type of machine in the warehouse.
Rotom will posses the worker's fridge while the Magneton gets the Steamroller working. Naturally Magenton can also attack you with its moves. The Steamroller is immune to attacks.

Round Two: You are in a forest with a Kakuna. A swarm Scyther are pretty pissed you are in their territory and so they start cutting down trees and passing them to their Heracross friends who throw them at you. Your aim is to find a way to stop your and the Kakuna from being hurt. Long enough for them to send their strongest Scyther and Heracross out to do a double battle.

Round 3: You are on an tiny island with a Magikarp in the water near you. You and Magikarp will need to team up to take on a group of Poliwhirl and stop them from reaching the tree on the middle of the island. They will not openly attack you unless you get in their way.

This time you people will be deciding who is illiminated and I will be choosing who gets immunity. (That way we don't have they why would I make a vote to help someone else.)

You have 48 hours. You must do all three. Any moves in your allies moveset are able to be used.

Houndude619

Like a BadLuck Absol
Pokemon and movesets

Beldum
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Headbutt
- Take Down

Kakuna
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Iron Defense
- Harden

Magikarp- SWIFT SWIM
- Splash
- Bounce
- Flail
- Tackle

CHALLENGE 1

Chip uses rain dance to make the ground in the warehouse slippery, which causes the steamroller to slip around and makes it hard for it to steer. Beldum uses iron defense repeatedly until its defenses are max, Chip flops into the air and uses Dragon Pulse circling around them forming a wide protective circle (no one can pass inside without being hit by dragon pulse). Beldum then starts attacking the ground with powerful iron head's forming big holes in the ground, he moves to different spots making a lot of random holes all inside the circle, when all of the area is covered and somewhat even, he uses one last iron head to crush all the pieces of ground left by his digging. What is left is an empty moat that is a lot deeper than the rest of the ground of the warehouse with a very small circle of ground left in the middle (underneath Chip). Chip stops using dragon pulse and lands on the small circle with Beldum, Chip then uses surf to fill the deep area with water. What is left is a small 'island' containing Beldum and Chip surrounded by a moat of deepish water and Magneton and Rotom on the outside of the moat. If they try to cross the water, then Chip will use ice beam to freeze the water and immobilize the steam roller and fridge.

CHALLENGE 2

Chip and Kakuna move towards a giant tree so they have their backs against it, Kakuna uses string shot on Chip to wrap him up in a cocoon that cover his whole body he then hangs him from a branch of the tree so he hangs down a little(head first) with his mouth free. Kakuna starts using harden and iron defence to raise its defences, while the Heracrosses start throwing trees Chip with his free mouth aims and uses small Dragon Pulses, to snipe the trees to stop them reaching Kakuna, inbetween their attacks, Chip uses ice beam to form a small ice wall around Kakuna and goes back to sniping the trees. Finally Kakuna is ready with max defence as Chip fires one big Dragon Pulse to destroy all the trees in the vicinity. So the enemies send in Scyther and Heracross, Kakuna uses poison string on the thread to release Chip from the cocoon. They approach their opponents. Chip uses rain dance and then fires an icebeam upwards at the rain turning it into hail, the hail just bounces off the hard shell of Kakuna the hail pelts the other pokemon Heracross charges Chip who uses ice beam on the ground and Heracross slips up Chip uses icebeam around Heracross encasing him inside 4 walls of ice as Heracross tries to destroy them Chip uses surf to fill the enclosure with water with Heracross drowning inside Chip uses ice beam to freeze and KO Heracross. Scyther is battling Kakuna every attack that Scyther hits Kakuna with bounces off its thick shell and causes recoil to Scyther when Kakuna starts bouncing against Scyther using poison sting to poison Scyther and continuely damage it as it becomes weak due to its poison Chip uses ice beam to create a wall in front of Kakuna seperating it from Scyther as Scyther tries to get to Kakuna time runs out and faints due to his poison.

CHALLENGE 3

Chip uses rain dance and jumps in the water with Magikarp both pokemon activate swift swim they both are on opposite sides and begin to circle the island at a high speed soon the water begins to churn and Chip uses surf sending a giant wave crashing over the island, before the water moves back Chip and Magikarp continue to swim until the circle of water they are swimming in begins to rise and rise until a giant typhoon forms around the tree. Any Poliwhirl that gets close is flung away and in a quick movement both pokemon jump off the top of the typhoon and in a quick movement Chip uses ice beam on the typhoon and freezes it as Magikarp lands underneath the tree. The sight is of a thin circular barrier of ice surrounding the middle of the island and the tree. With Chip on the inside with Magikarp. Magikarp then uses bounce to jump over the barrier and bounce on top of any Poliwhirl that approaches the barrier and then bounce back over into the inside to rest and protect itself.

Complicated I know and I'm sorry for that.

So with voting are we given a bottom two? Or we just pick anyone?

Ditto123

~Word~
Beldum
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Headbutt
- Take Down

Kakuna
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Iron Defense
- Harden

Magikarp- SWIFT SWIM
- Splash
- Bounce
- Flail
- Tackle

^im just usin the guy above me's moves xD

Round One-Absol starts powering up with swords dance while Rotom protects him with iron defense. Then, Beldum baits the steamroller into coming after him. While that happens, Blackout sneaks behind the fridge (Rotom) and uses night slash. It falls into Magneton's path. The steamroller crashes into the fridge. To make sure they wouldn't get back up and start attacking them, Blackout and the beldum start knocking heavy objects down to crash onto them.

Round Two-Kakuna starts spinning and shooting string shot into the air. The string shot covers them for instant protection. Blackout starts powering up with swords dance. Then, he breaks out. Then, he uses the curved blade on his head to hook the trees and throw them back. This repeats long enough for the lead heracross and scyther to come out. Blackout cuts a remaining tree and they fall onto the bugs.

Round Three-Blackout once again powers up with swords dance. Magikarp bounces on the water to create a wave of protection. It washes some of the poliwirl away, but some still remain. Blackout rushes through with a night slash to knock them all out.

Ditto123

~Word~
it does?

doesnt matter anywayz
and rnt u gunna tell us who won from the voting?

Ditto123

~Word~
ohhhhhhhh
i will wait for more players to comment b4 i vote

Beldum
- Iron Defense
- zen Headbutt
- Headbutt
- Take Down

Kakuna
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Bug Bite
- Harden

Magikarp- SWIFT SWIM
- Splash
- Bounce
- Flail
- Tackle

Name:pete
Pokemon:Swablu
Pokemon Nat Dex No.:333
Ability:Natural Cure
Moveset:
~ Sing
~ Mist
~ Astonish
~ Dragon Pulse
Challenge 1:
Beldum moved forward.
as Swablu moved to the rotom...
Beldum looked like a Matadore and used iron defense, and let the Steamroller run over it, he is now beneath the steamroller, he used Zen Headbutt making the Magneton lose control over the steam roll and making the stemroller go through the roof. The Magneton goes over to the Beldum and zaps it and zap zap zap on Beldum, making it magnetically charged, making it attract the Magneton they were stuck together. Beldum reacted fast and hit him with Zen Headbutt, shooting it away and back Beldum repeated it once again and this time he used Iron defense when it shot back (because of the magnetism) it was very hard now and Magneton at his speed crashed into Beldum, making it faint because of a huge dent in his body. Swablu moved to the fridge, it looked harmless, but the door opened and a freezing blizzard came shooting out Swablu got frozen, Rotom was a happy Rotom, but Swablu used Dragon pulse to thaw out, and hit the still opened rotom fridge celebrating his victory with a Dragon Pulse, to make it lose control and fled out of the fridge a lone rotom is nothing much so Swablu used Sing to make it fall asleep

Challenge 2:
Kakuna used poison sting at the trees the Scyther were cutting, the scyther cut them the poison were in their systems, they went crazy and lounged at the Heracross. The Heracross, retelliated with Stone edge, fainting all of the Scyther, easy job... NOT! The Heracross were angry for making us attack their comrades, they lounged at us, Kakuna stiffened up he was scared for his life and using harden he did so, Pete took action Mist, to blur their vision Heracross were not happy with this so they started Megahorning and Stone edging randomly, and Pete was left in a though spot so he started shooting random dragon pulses, everything for their survival, He held them off... to an extent .the mist was gone and the Heracross spotted Pete, they hit him with a Stone edge knocking him out, and they cut Kakuna badly with Night Slash, it was over for them... crack.... crrr... crack... Kakuna was opened up cruel, but what was there was not emptiness, it was a BEEDRILL. he had evolved . Beedrill hit them with aerial aces and shooed them away everything to save his comrade, Pete.

Challenge 3:
Swablu and Magikarp on an island were stranded
Swablu wanted to be the hero for once and so he used dragon Pulse on the tree in the illusion he was being smart(the mission was to avoid the Poliwhirl from reaching the tree). The tree was obliterated, only making the Poliwhirl angry, they were walking a mafia like style as they were slowly approaching swablu started to sing making a few of the less angry Poliwhirl fall asleep. There were only a few Poliwhirl left. Swablu used Mist to let a few of the lesser sighted Poliwhirls lose their way. There was only one Poliwhirl left now, and he was Mad.
Swablu leared his lesson, so he asked Magikarp for help, Magikarp bounced up, far higher than any Magikarp normally could jump, swablu astonished the Poliwhirl leaving him in a daze, swablu shot him up with a Dragon Pulse up up up he was at about the same heigt as Magikarp now, Magikarp flailed around in the sky making the confused Poliwhirl even more confused, as he was almost recovered and they were falling back down, Magikarp tackled him and shot him down to ground landing on the hard ground of the island. He fainted.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Name: Jess
Pokemon: Furret
Pokemon Nat Dex No.: 162
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset:
~Whirlpool
~Mimic
~Double Team
~Shock Wave

Beldum
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Take Down

Kakuna
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Iron Defense
- Bug Bite

Magikarp
- Splash
- Bounce
- Flail
- Tackle

CHALLENGE ONE
Beldum uses Iron Defense and transforms itself into a heavy, metallic mass, it then finds the bulldozer around it. He uses Zen Headbutt to ram it's body into the bulldozer, sending psychic energy into the wheel of the bulldozer and destroying it. A bulldozer without a front wheel isn't useful, so Magnezone gets out and Zap Cannons Beldum, hitting him critically, and sending him into the ceiling.
Meanwhile, Jess runs around the warehouse, avoiding the Rotom and the Magnezone, and finds the Fire Alarm. She Mimics Zen Headbutt and rams into the alarm, activating it and the sprinklers, then she and Beldum get onto high ground as she uses Shock Wave to electrify the floor and traps them in a Whirlpool to stop them from getting off a floor.
Sadly, Rotom proceeds to freeze the water with Blizzard and it and Magnezone escape the lightning, smashing through the frozen whirlpool and heading for the control room where Rotom seizes control of the electrics and creates a Blackout. (Magenzone stays frozen in the ice)
Jess proceeds to the closest light and zaps it with Shock Wave. The electric current passes through the wiring and finds Rotom and electrifies the control room, knocking it out.
Jess and Beldum enjoy the light show with a packet of popcorn.

CHALLENGE TWO
Jess uses Double Team to avoid any incoming trees and Kakuna uses Iron defense to transform into an Iron mass, Jess then uses Shock Wave onto Kakuna, amplifying the electric attack (metal is conductive) and sending all trees back at the Scyther and Heracross.
For the strongest warriors, Jess uses Double Team again to avoid one of their attacks, Jess barely misses an Air Slash from Scyther and quickly Mimics it to deal massive damage to Heracross by cutting of it's horn. That done, Kakuna covers the horn in poisonous barbs with Poison sting and distracts scyther while Jess picks up the horn and, using it as a spiked club, smashes Scyther in the head, almost knocking it out.
In a fit of despair, Scyther takes out a Sitrus Berry, but it gets snatched by Kakuna with Bug Bite. The damage from the last attack wasn't mush, but enough to put Scyther out of Action.
Jess and Kakuna say goodbye as they part ways for the final challenge.

CHALLENGE 3
Magikarp doesn't hesitate as he jumps in the water and swims round the Poliwhirl to attract their attention, he then bounces out of the water to signal Jess to trap the Poliwhirl in a Whirlpool, most of them were knocked out, but the survivors hypnotized Magikarp, leaving Jess alone.
She quickly reacts as the Poliwhirl creep closer. She mimics the Poliwhirl's Hypnosis in order to buy time, but the other Poliwhirls counter her strategy with a Wake Up Slap to it's face, irritating the hypnotized Poliwhirl. Then Jess had a brainwave: she uses Double Team to create several copies of herself and hypnotizes half of the Poliwhirl, the other half wake them with Wake Up Slap and Jess repeats, and repeats, and repeats again until those Poliwhirl can no longer take being slapped in the face and so they attack eachother until only one battered Poliwhirl remains, an easy target for Jess.

Jess celebrates her victory by frying Magikarp. I know it's cruel but they are so many...

CuriousHeartless

This is a hard one, not being able to directly attack your opponents and still do damage in the first challenge. And I have the oddest feeling that you chose Poliwhirls and not Poliwraths because of Corvus.
Name: Corvus C. Row
Pokemon: Honchkrow
Nat. Dex Number: 430
Ability: Insomnia
Moves:
1. Fly
2. Night Slash
3. Psychic
4. Steel Wing
How often are you on: A lot. I can't say a number.

Beldum
Clear Body
-Zen Headbutt
-Iron Defence
-Iron Head
-Take Down

Kakuna
Shed Skin
-Bug Bite
-Iron Defence
-Poison Sting
-String Shot

Magikarp
Swift Swim
-Bounce
-Splash
-Tackle
-Flail

First Part:

If I can't hurt it then maybe I can Psychic it. Corvus Uses Psychic to lift the steamroller (although just barely because it is metal) and turns it upside down. Magnezone uses Magnet Lift to lift up and flip back over the steamroller and rams at Corvus and Beldum. However, the Steamroller is still floating and misses them so the Magnezone gets out of it. Beldum uses Iron Defence to become really hard and Corvus Steel Wing it into the ceiling to make it break and fall onto Magnezone who gets knocked out.

Onto the Rotom. Corvus uses Steel Wing on the still Iron Defenced (I was about to say hard. Think about the sentence that way) Beldum into the fridge, smashing it and forcing Rotom out. Rotom then jumps into a computer that Corvus smashes in the same way, before jumping into and taking over Beldum. Corvus uses Night Slash on Beldum, who just shrugs it off and Zen Headbutts Corvus, who also just shrugs it off. The Rotom cusses and jumps out of Beldums body into the steamroller. Corvus picks up Beldums body and Flies at the steamroller and smacks it with Beldum, breaking a headlight. Rotom comes out and Corvus uses Night Slash to hit it and send it flying across the horizon. Corvus then flies off to the next challenge.

Second Part:

Corvus just spams his Flying divebombs to knock out as many Scyther and Heracross as he can and Kakuna uses Iron Defence. Corvus then picks up Kakuna and uses him like a ram to break all the trees flying at them. After a few minutes of this the strongest Scyther and Heracross arrive. Corvus Flies down at the two bugs, dropping the Iron Defenced Kakuna onto Scyther as he divebombs Heracross. Heracross faints, but Scyther throws Kakuna at Corvus, breaking his wing. The now grounded crow uses Night Slashes to assault the bug from afar. The Scyther flies up to him quickly though and uses X-Scissor to knock Corvus down. Kakuna then uses Poison Shot to slightly damage and Scyther and draw its attention. Corvus uses Psychic from behind Scyther to lift one of the trees he didn't break before and hit Scyther multiple times until it faints. He thanks Kakuna before leaving on to the next challenge.

Third Part:

Corvus lands on the island, with difficulty due to his wing. He falls asleep, but he wakes up early the next morning to see the Poliwhirl marching up the island. Too tired to actually fight, Corvus talks to the Poliwhirl and convinces them, with a LOT of prodding, to go to another island. But, Magikarp arrives late and sees the Poliwhirl gathered around Corvus and thinks they are attacking him. So, Magikarp uses Bounce to knock out one of the Poliwhirls, making the others frenzy and attack. Corvus weakly uses Psychic to throw away a few of the Poli's. But he quickly gets overrun and falls asleep. Magikarp distracts the Poli's while Corvus sleeps. After about twelve minutes a whistle arouses Corvus. He looks up and sees a larger then usual Poliwhirl come out of the water. Corvus, newly rested and with some of his energy restored, uses Psychic to lift himself up and divebombs the large Poliwhirl, successfully knocking it out. Feeling better, he uses Psychic to create a large wave, washing away the Poliwhirl. He celebrates by flying off using Psychic, after catching a few small fish for Magikarp to eat.

That was really hard, it took me like a half hour to make that. Also, Kakuna was not hurt from hitting Corvus hard enough to break his wing, nor did the fall harm him.

Last edited:

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
"Illiminated" Do you mean "illuminated" or "eliminated"?

Beldum
Clear Body
-Zen Headbutt
-Iron Defence
-Flash Reflect
-Take Down

Kakuna
Shed Skin
-Bug Bite
-Iron Defence
-Poison Sting
-String Shot

Magikarp
Swift Swim
-Bounce
-Splash
-Tackle
-Flail

Round 1: Beldum uses Iron Defense and I use Protect as the steam roller comes charging. While Magneton is regaining its focus, Beldum uses Reflect, which catches the sun's rays and directs them at the charging Electric-type Pokemon, blinding both foes. I use Swagger on the Rotom so it doesn't know who to hit. Magneton blindly drives the steam roller full-speed into a concrete wall, which totals the steam roller and knocks out Magneton, and Rotom hurts itself in its confusion multiple times with the fridge door until it faints. Beldum and I sit and enjoy the show.

Round Two: Kakuna uses Iron Defense while I deflect trees with Hydro Pump and Protect myself against those trees that I cannot deflect. When the Scyther and Heracross show themselves in battle, I hit each one with Toxic while Kakuna attacks with Bug Bite. I then use Hydro Pump on Heracross and Swagger on Scyther. Scyther, in his confusion, runs into a pile of logs, disturbing the top logs and sending them rolling down on top of Scyther, crushing him.

Round 3: I sneak up behind each Poliwhirl and use Toxic and Swagger. While they're ailing and hurting themselves, Magikarp uses Flail on each Poliwhirl in turn. They all faint before long.

Last edited:

Ditto123

~Word~