• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon team for competitive battling

ImGaryOak

I'm fighting a friend of mine in a couple of days neither of us have access to trading and both have used rare candies to level our pokemon to 100.
No Legendaries allowed.
OHKO moves legal, No sleep clause.
This is what I have so far:

Exeggutor
-Double Edge
-Psychic
-Mega Drain
-Sleep Powder

Starmie
-Recover
-Psychic
-Surf
-Thunderbolt

Gengar
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Thunderbolt
-Mega Drain

Kadabra
-Psychic
-Recover
-Thunder Wave
-Body Slam

Rhydon
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Body Slam
-Surf

Not sure about my sixth, thinking maybe a Tauros or a Chansey

Cheers.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
I'm fighting a friend of mine in a couple of days neither of us have access to trading and both have used rare candies to level our pokemon to 100.
No Legendaries allowed.
OHKO moves legal, No sleep clause.
This is what I have so far:

Exeggutor
-Double Edge
-Psychic
-Mega Drain
-Sleep Powder

Explosion or Stun Spore could overwrite Double Edge, but that's about it.

Starmie
-Recover
-Psychic
-Surf
-Thunderbolt

You could try Blizzard (Has 90 Accuracy in RBY) or Thunder Wave, but you could probably get away with this

Gengar
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Thunderbolt
-Mega Drain

No Problems here

Kadabra
-Psychic
-Recover
-Thunder Wave
-Body Slam

Seismic Toss over Body Slam; it's a filler move regardless, but Kadabra's Attack is just that low

Rhydon
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Body Slam
-Surf

There's nothing you'll need Surf for that Rock Slide and Earthquake can't counter; if you have means to overwrite it, throw in Submission or Hyper Beam

Not sure about my sixth, thinking maybe a Tauros or a Chansey

Unless you want to switch out Gengar for Chansey, Tauros is probably the better option.

Cheers.

I see why you can't trade; among other things, you'd be revealing your Alakazam. Is your friend of the same competitive mindset as you (Given that you're choosing what is generally accepted as high-level Pokemon)?

Also, are you aware of the box trick? If your going straight to level 100 with no Effort Values, that could give you an edge.