• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Thanksgiving

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I don't think there are two many Pokemon that our based off turkeys so I wonder... If people in the Pokemon world celebrated Thanksgiving and there were no animals just Pokemon what Pokemon would make a good Thanksgiving meal? Discuss.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Uhh, Since the Germans celebrate Harvests Day instead of thanks giving, they eat Goose, so Swanna would be good. Tepig would be for Ham, or Slowpoke, even if that isn't a pig.

Zachmac

Ho-oh would be the main course, obviously.
Erm, Blaziken I guess. It's a chicken...that's close enough to a turkey, right?
Slowpoketail. For you right now, just $1,000,000!
I would buy, but I spent all that money on a fold-up bike. D:

iCakeify

Luxray Fanboy
Isn't it Uzefant that looks like a turkey?

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I don't think there's a turkey Pokemon so maybe a Combusken or Swanna for the turkey.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Americans in the pokemon world would celebrate Thanksgiving, assuming the history of the world followed the same as ours. Given that every new region encountered has new different pokemon unique to it, it's fair to assume that there may be Turkey like pokemon in what is America there. I know Unova is meant to be based on New York, but there's plenty of other places in the US that could have the pokemon native to it.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Don't forget the Cherri sauce.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
^ This guy is funny.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
They would use Cacnea for Pumpkin Pie, no pumpkins though.

ToeyJoey

The Count
As far as my intel goes, the Japanese do not celebrate Thanksgiving; therefore only Unova would celebrate said holiday, (being based off America,) and seeing as only Unovan Pokemon are native to Unova, it would have to be a Pokemon from Unova.

zoroark77

Shiny PKMN breeder
My friend mentioned that there is technically some wild animals unlike pokemon in Unova. He remembered seing a bunny in the black and white anime

Victory

Banned
Hydreigion. Three turkeys in one!

Seriously, they would probably use Swanna

The7Sins

Red Text User.
I hate to say it since its my favorite Pokemon but I have a feeling Farfetch'd would be the official bird to eat on Thanksgiving in the Pokemon world.

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
Roast Ducklett anyone?