• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that actually creep you out

Elfwink

Glalie, I can't stand looking at that thing. ;362;

Also, Tangela. ;114;

I think I have a thing against eyes/teeth appearing out from darkness. o_o;

Which Pokemon do you think are actually creepy?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Sounds like a poll-esque question to me, so I've moved it to the Pokepolls subsection.

Parasect is up there for me. While this goes in more detail (and about others), it's creepy because it's the mushroom that controls the Pokemon, which is essentially dead, evident from its Pokedex entries and pupil-less eyes, unlike its pre-evolution in Paras. And it's based on a real-life fungas

Vern

Why not both?
Cubone. God, that thing is creepy. Your dead mother's calls inside your head? Freaky.
Edit: After reading that article, I'll say that parasect is damn freaky. Elgyum too. Alien conspiracy theory anyone?

Probably the wrong place, but i found how Courtney talks creepy.

Last edited:

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Porygon-Z. ;474;
All three of its Pokédex entries (they stopped writing new ones after Gen 4) mention how it was upgraded to work in other dimensions, but something went wrong. Not really scary, just weird.

Also, Drifloon. ;425;
"It is whispered that any child who mistakes DRIFLOON for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing."

Aoba

If I may go off-topic here a bit here....

I've always found "ghost" creepy in the first generation.
The Creepypasta hack, "Creepy Black", made it it even so..
I can't stand that smile. T^T

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Quilladin. It's those eyes and the blank stare it has in the games. Quilladin looks like a psychotic killer with a creepy stare that will stab you to death as you sleep. Much like this:

The-Shining-jack-nicholson-26184677-763-568.jpg

Pink Harzard

So majestic
As a kid Duskull creeped me out. Maybe it was because the fist time I saw it was on a TCG card where the said Pokémon was featured at a graveyard, but that thing scared me. And that red dot, moving from eyehole to eyehole...
So yeah, every time a caught a Duskull as a kid, I named it creep or the Dutch word for creep.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Hypno. Just Hypno.

Its such a SCARY pokemon and the creepypasta made it even more so. I have never dared to listen to Hypno's lullaby but i have read the lyrics and they are CREEPY! The whole story behind the song is also creepy. I was able to sleep properly for a fortnight after reading that.

Also, off topic but i find the Basilisk in Harry Potter: Chamber of secrets scary.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
There is no Pokémon that actually creeps me out.

It might have to do with the fact that I have been a Pokémon fan since it started, and am used to the species, the PokéDex entries and all that.

Oh damn, I'd have to say magmortar (its face or lips just...ehh), and slurpuff (it looks like a creepy candy addicted kid who never leaves the candy store).

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Greninja's 'scarf'.

It being it's tounge just grosses me out. I always wonder if it ever gets dry or if it touches you, would it be slimy? And would it hurt to tie it around Greninja's neck? Just that tounge part creeps me out...

Sigilyph just always creeped me out. I have no idea what it's based off of, but it doesn't look like it can fly far with those flimsy wings. Also, it seems to have many eyes staring at you, ehhhh.

But, like always, these are my opinions. You may disagree and agree as you please.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Litwick's line startles me to the core...

Litwick - Pretends to help as it drains your spirit.
Lampent - Stalks untill you expire and takes your spirit.
Chandelure - Literally BURNS your spirit!

Yikes, just...YIKES!

Elfwink

Quilladin. It's those eyes and the blank stare it has in the games. Quilladin looks like a psychotic killer with a creepy stare that will stab you to death as you sleep. Much like this:

Oh gawd yes! That should be on my list too!

Oh damn, I'd have to say magmortar (its face or lips just...ehh), and slurpuff (it looks like a creepy candy addicted kid who never leaves the candy store).

This also should be on my list. It looks like it had a horrible accident!

Greninja's 'scarf'.

It being it's tounge just grosses me out. I always wonder if it ever gets dry or if it touches you, would it be slimy? And would it hurt to tie it around Greninja's neck? Just that tounge part creeps me out...

Sigilyph just always creeped me out. I have no idea what it's based off of, but it doesn't look like it can fly far with those flimsy wings. Also, it seems to have many eyes staring at you, ehhhh.

But, like always, these are my opinions. You may disagree and agree as you please.

Ogod! How does its tongue even work?

Cubchoo - you've got a cold, don't touch me.
Beartic - snotcicles, need I say more?

Eew! Yes, I agree. I wouldn't want either of them to hug me!

nahranej

Mr. Mime and its animation in the Gen 6 games. Also Spoink and the fact it needs to keep bouncing in order to live.

Vern

Why not both?
Glalie. Freezes you and eats you in a leisurely fashion. Imagine this. You wake up. You are numb from head to toe. You feel a numb pain in your arms. You look. There is Glalie, looking back at you. In place of your arms is some blood red ice flakes.

Nightmares galore.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Oh gawd yes! That should be on my list too!

Glad someone agrees with me. Ever since I saw it, I have been creeped out by Quilladin's artwork. I can't even look at it. Every time I get a Chespin, I just keep it in the last slot of my team and use Exp. All to level it up until it becomes a Chesnaught. Which is a shame as I love Chespin and Chesnaught's designs but Quilladin's Jack Nicholson in The Shining smile freaks me out all the time!

Another creepy Pokemon is definitely Drowzee. It likes to "eat the dreams of kids because they taste good". So this Pokemon is sneaking into little kids rooms at night and eating their dreams. Imagine if Drowzee had a moustache and a van.

Also, Drifloon. It tries to abduct kids and take them away, but it ends up getting pulled around instead.

Cubone also looks a lot like a baby kangaskhan.