• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that actually creep you out

Vern

Why not both?
Gothita. "it stares at something only it can see.".

jesus. that's creepy.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Arceus. It's mainly the eyes and the fact that it just stares into your soul during its movie. Oogh

Vern

Why not both?
I don't know, this doesn't creep me out, but it's interesting. Serperior's pokedex entry in Alpha Sappire says that "It can stop its opponents' movements with just a glare.". Now, how in the world is that possible? Nothing comes to mind... until you look closer at it's expression on it's official artwork. To me, it almost looks forlorn and sad. I don't even know what this implies, and I don't care to find out.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
If there was ever a Pokemon to almost creep me out it had to be Garbordor. It's not like I hate it or anything, it's face is kinda......creepy to me. Also when I look at it's body it just doesn't seem right to me for some reason. I can't even explain.

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
Hands down Barbaracle. When Binacle leaked before XY came out, I prayed it was fake because something about it just made my stomach churn. But the evolution ended up being much, much worse. I don't know why, but having a claw for a head with a face on it freaks me out. And all the smaller claws with eyes... ew. Plus with its stripes, does it give anyone else Freddy Krueger vibes??? Some Pokemon creep me out but I still think they're cool. This guy just gives me nightmares and I don't even want to look at it. It's both disgusting and terrifying.

Last edited:

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Hypno because of that creepy pasta
and Trevenat is just so terrifying looking its looks almost exactly same as one thing from nightmare i had when i was 5

Haunter, the sprite itself isn't that creepy but I saw a creepy drawing of it on a YouTube video with Lavender Town's music in it.

Darkraiii

Ball is Life
Idk why, but if greninja was real, id be scared of it choking me to death with its big slimey tounge... and then there are those like arbok who would probably eat me whole... and what about ariados, youd tie you up, but then what would he do after that... oh god the amount of terrors in the pokemon world...

KilluaGirl

Lil'chu
Parasect because it's a zombie controlling by a fungus, which is downright nightmare inducing.
Gourgeist enjoys the suffering of others and SINGS JOYFULLY WHILE WATCHING OTHERS SUFFER. That's absolutely terrifying.
Alakazam (whom I love) dies an excruciating death as its brain cells multiply so much that its brain essentially ruptures in on itself.
Yamask is a dead person that remembers its past life entirely. When you send Yamask out to battle it is reflecting on how it used to be a human being and have a family. That is just... let's just say I can't ever use one to battle.
Phantump is a collective gathering of the spirits of dead children.
Spoink's heart stops beating when it stops moving. Every single time you make one faint, it dies.
Banette is a vengeful thrown away toy that seeks nothing more than the flesh of the child that disowned it.

That's all the super creepy ones I can think of, but there are plenty. Pokemon is pretty effed up.

TheGreaterLucario

Pikachu, actually.
Easter Egg-Snow on Mt. Silver.
This abomination.
'Nuff said.

Why.jpg

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Surprised no one has mentioned how creepy Victreebel can be according to the one Pokedex entry that state men who enter jungles with Victreebel living in them never return....

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yeah, Victreebel makes me squirm in my seat at times whenever I think of what it actually does (especially because it's pretty big, and I'm small for my age, so the thought of getting caught by one of them makes me go "eek"). Sure, James' Victreebel chomping on his head's funny at times (and apparently it's affectionate toward him), but then I start to wonder if it's just one bad move away from actually eating him.

But I think many Ghost Pokémon in general just creep me out at times. They're technically dead, hard to beat when you're not prepared, and just a bunch of unpleasant things they can actually do just because they can. They may be doing it more out of mischief than spite (most of them, anyway), but it probably doesn't bother them to kill you. And they can show up anywhere. So unless one were to be prepared for a Ghost Pokémon at any given time, I'd say Ghost Pokémon as a whole take the cake for me, despite how cool they can be.