• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that are shown too much hate?

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I don't mean Dewgong, Pinsir, or Mighteyena and that kind of thing before you three get started. I mean pokemon that are considered so "overrated" that its trendy to hate them. The pokemon that people are really irrational and ridiculous about. The pokemon that are so supposedly overrated that they've become despised. They are seen as "emo" (Absol) or "boring" (Scyther) or even downright "retarted" (Charizard). I just wanna know why people think they're so overrated when people are afraid to like them now

AJ Flibble

Emohawk
One slight problem: only myself, KK and Orion-Sama hate Scyther. Nearly everyone else worships it like some sort of green god.

As for Charizard, the overrated bandwagon thing happened and people got disapointed with it's lesser strength than you might expect.

I don't see too much Absol hate - or love to be honest.

Salamence then, but I don't like it's design, and Kingdra also. Kingdra is way too hated for it's own good.

Charizard_Fire_God

*tiwts widdw head*
Yeah, tch, 'tis human nature that when something of such un-understandable Magnitude(overrates) takes place it triggers the opposite reaction in people. It's much easier to jump from one extreme to the other extreme than it is from a neutral point.

Then tha despising itself becomes a fad, a "label" which sticks ta something for a very long time.

I myself am totally obsessed with Charizard, but for my own reasons, even though some may coincide with why others love them, and didn't take up Charizard overrating just because everyone else was.

AJ Flibble

Emohawk
Charizard_Fire_God said:
Yeah, tch, 'tis human nature that when something of such un-understandable Magnitude(overrates) takes place it triggers the opposite reaction in people. It's much easier to jump from one extreme to the other extreme than it is from a neutral point.

Then tha despising itself becomes a fad, a "label" which sticks ta something for a very long time.

I myself am totally obsessed with Charizard, but for my own reasons, even though some may coincide with why others love them, and didn't take up Charizard overrating just because everyone else was.

Who said all Charizard haters hated it for being overrated? It's a reason, yes, but I also don't like it's IMO generic design.

Skarmory is also far too hated, and Blissey, though I grudgingly admit that - I want to feel that Blissey deserves all this hate for making almost all Special Sweepers useless.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
AJ Flibble said:
One slight problem: only myself, KK and Orion-Sama hate Scyther. Nearly everyone else worships it like some sort of green god.
I don't see too much Absol hate - or love to be honest.
I've always hated Scyther as well. And these days I don't see any Scyther love from anyone but Dragonfree. As for Absol hate, I certainly disagree. Over in Anime Spoilers at this very moment people are female dogging about
Drew getting the thing
and its not the first time I've seen that

Vycksta

Surely the Legendaries qualify? Everywhere I go it's trendy to hate them because they are strong and of their so called "uber" status. I personally couldn't care about their status. If you like them, then fine.

I like them and like to use them from time to time...

Charizard_Fire_God

*tiwts widdw head*
AJ Flibble said:
Who said all Charizard haters hated it for being overrated?
Indirectly I believe yes. I believe that's how it started, tch, and that ppl who ended up hating Charizard hated it because it was a "fad" to hate Charizards, triggered by those initial people. Seriously now, who'd hate Charizards for their aspect? ^.=.^

I think legendaries are hated because they're far superior to other pkmn, and using legendaries can only be Countered with legendaries, therefor reducing tha number of frequently-used pkmn to very few, and ultimately making tha game dull. Geez, they don't even have many options for movesets cause they cant breed... they should at least be breadable...

Last edited:

AJ Flibble

Emohawk
intergalactic platypus said:
I've always hated Scyther as well. And these days I don't see any Scyther love from anyone but Dragonfree. As for Absol hate, I certainly disagree. Over in Anime Spoilers at this very moment people are female dogging about
Drew getting the thing
and its not the first time I've seen that

Meh, another Scyther hater. You should see the face-offs - it's mauled the opposition three times in a row, and one time I was the only person to vate against it - Pinsir being the opponent embarrasingly losing 10-1.

Yes, and Legendaries, especially Lugia. Although there's a lot of fans, it has the Charizard hate aura thing too... even though it's my favourite legendary. Umbreon is in the same predicament, only minus the legendary status and liked even more by me.

Meh, I don't hear much about Absol anyway.

Oh yeah, not all of us are Dragon-obsessed and liking Charizard's design thank you.

Wat.
I don't now about you, but I already hate Bouysel. I hope he isn't the new water starter.

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
lol, I have hated Charizard since R/B/Y. I started something! loooool.

Erm, Absol I like honestly along with Kingdra, Skarmory,and I have never had any problem with Scyther.....
Just Pokemon like Salamence or Charizard that you can look at and see they have no strategy behind them just brute force which allows the less intelligent to think they are amazing. Simple.

Charizard_Fire_God

*tiwts widdw head*
AJ Flibble said:
Oh yeah, not all of us are Dragon-obsessed and liking Charizard's design thank you.
Lol, tch, it's not what ya think. XD

It's that I've actually seen pokehaters who respect Charizard and that, even though she's a pokemon, Charizard has proven ta stand up pretty tall in the "cool-looking creatures" list even outside the pokemon concept. o.=.o

AJ Flibble

Emohawk
Charizard_Fire_God said:
Lol, tch, it's not what ya think. XD

It's that I've actually seen pokehaters who respect Charizard and that, even though she's a pokemon, Charizard has proven ta stand up pretty tall in the "cool-looking creatures" list even outside the pokemon concept. o.=.o

It's your standard Dragon that's why. Typical and generic IMO. And besides - that's only what you've seen. it's doesn't necessarily reflect anything overall, or dare I say - it's overrated?

Charizard_Fire_God

*tiwts widdw head*
AJ Flibble said:
It's your standard Dragon that's why. Typical and generic IMO. And besides - that's only what you've seen. it's doesn't necessarily reflect anything overall, or dare I say - it's overrated?
Yeah, Charizard's the "standard" Dragon.

And yeah, tch, they'z overrated. Still, I don't see why they must be hated for being overrated. Again the extreme principle, instead of taking them down to their actual worth they become UNDERRATED in tha hating way...

Shiny_Latias

22 - 04 - 07
Charizard, and most ubers/legendaries, because as said before; it's become quite trendy to hate them, me? I really couldn't care less about it, I use the pokemon I like.

Moonlight.

Charizard. Honestly, I don't find it to be that bad. While many people have semi-legitimate reasons for disliking it, most hate it because it is "overrated".

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
i really hate the pkmn team Rocket uses it's just....when they use them i dislike them more and more

killerjaw01

▼1.618▼
I really don't like or dislike any pokemon because they are under/overrated. I like the pokemon I like for other reasons, and I hate the pokemon I hate for my own reasons as well. The pokemon I hate most are Clefairy evos.