• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that Ash can use at the Alola league

• Thread starter Deleted member 384931
  • Start date

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
He's obviously going to use his Alola mons and Pikachu, so that leaves 2 open spots unless Poipole decides to return just to compete in the League. It's really late for him to get another Pokémon, even considering Gible. So, maybe he'll use reserves this time.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
You know what I definitely do NOT want to happen (which I'm a bit afraid of) is for this to become a league like Kanto where he never even reaches 6v6 rounds and that's why he doesn't have 6 Pokémon (in which case he ends up only using 4 Pokémon and not bringing back reserves)

(alternately, fearful that the league is structured like Unova's 1v1 tournament arcs were, with the same end result of no reserves)

Red and Blue

I think Poipole can still return to take the fifth spot. As for last captures I'll wait to see what happens with Meltan before I give up. If he doesn't catch one then I guess its reserves

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
If he'll end up using reserves I wanna see either Bulbasaur or Squirtle evolve.
Bulbasaur and Squirtle will never evolve. Totodile, Snivy, or Oshawott might.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Bulbasaur and Squirtle will never evolve. Totodile, Snivy, or Oshawott might.
I thought it was too late for Ash's past Pokemons to evolve after their native series. Only the past companions Pokemons are allowed to like May's Glaceon.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I thought it was too late for Ash's past Pokemons to evolve after their native series.
This is false. Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava 10 years after its introduction.

ShadowForce720

I thought it was too late for Ash's past Pokemons to evolve after their native series. Only the past companions Pokemons are allowed to like May's Glaceon.
This has been already proven false by the fact that while Phanpy was caught during Johto it didn't evolve until the Kanto Battle Frontier which happened after the Hoenn league, and not only that Cyndaquil another pokemon that was caught in Johto didn't evolve until the Sinnoh League. So no it's not too late for Ash's reserves to evolve, it's only a matter if they will evolve or not, and yes even Bulbasaur and/or Squirtle could still evolve if the writers so choose.

If the writers decide to have Ash use his reserves and has one of his gen 1 pokemon come back and evolve then the only real choices as of right now are Bulbasaur and Squirtle as none of Ash's other Kanto Pokemon that he has in his reserves have evolutions(outside of Mega Evolutions) at the moment.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Why not? They aren't in the team anymore, it doesn't matter if they evolve or not.
Because Bulbasaur has outright stated it doesn't want to evolve (like Pikachu and Piplup) and Squirtle is in the Squirtle Squad.

ShadowForce720

Because Bulbasaur has outright stated it doesn't want to evolve (like Pikachu and Piplup) and Squirtle is in the Squirtle Squad.

Actually no, Bulbasaur did not say that it was completely against the idea of evolving into a Ivysaur, what Bulbasaur problem was when it refuse to evolve with the other Bulbasaur was that they were trying to force it to evolve at their pace, when Bulbasaur itself didn't feel ready to evolve yet even though it's body was ready, basically contrary to what your trying to imply here Ash's Bulbasaur never ruled out evolving into an Ivysaur eventually, it's just that it wants to be where decides when and where it will evolve basically it's wants to evolve on it's terms and not have some one decide for it as to when it will evolve.

So Bulbasaur could still evolve as they could just simply explain that it's decided that it's ready to evolve now. As for Squirtle it's hasn't really given an opinion to whether or not it wants to evolve however just because it's on the Squirtle Squad doesn't prevent it from evolving and also let's face it the 3 other members of the Squirtle Squad would still accept and recognize Ash's Squirtle as their leader even if it evolves into a Wartortle heck they may even decide to evolve too to join it.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
No, Bulbasaur was against being forced to evolve. It was resisting peer pressure. Squirtle is powerful enough as a Squirtle.

D

Deleted member 384931

I think that if it aren't kanto mons that return, it will be pokémon that got less focus like Gible, Snivy, Ossawoth, Noivern, Torkoal, Glalie, Totidile... or they could pull of the stronger pokémon like Greninja, Charizard, Septile, Infernape etc, to surprise his rivals that he has such a badass team, yeah that last thing will never happen.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi

DatsRight

I wonder if that strange Mr Mime cameo in that promo for Ash's Pokemon throughout the show ends up a foreshadowing to anything.

I mean, I guess we haven't seen Psychium Z yet.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Wouldn't this thread fit in the spoilers part of the forum?