• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that Ash can use at the Alola league

• Thread starter Deleted member 384931
  • Start date

MattySadler

Bar a few exceptions (Corphish, Torkoal), I'd be happy to see any of Ash's Pokemon return for the Alola League.

A few personal candidates for an evolution would be;

Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Gible, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Palpitoad and Boldore.

I wouldn't like to see Bulbasaur and Squirtle evolve, though I'm always happy to see them.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Because Bulbasaur has outright stated it doesn't want to evolve (like Pikachu and Piplup) and Squirtle is in the Squirtle Squad.

Did it though? Or did it state it did not want to be forced to evolve. It could very well decide because it wants to or they could just evolve it cuz ya know retcons :)

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Ok I serously doubt that Ash is going to catch any new Pokemon in the Sun and Moon series (since the end is in sight for this series of the Anime), so i reckon he NEEDS to bring back old Pokemon in order to compete, but now that I think about it, we barely see ANYONE in Alola with a full team of 6 (Gladion only has Umbreon, Lycanroc and Silvally, Hau only has Dartrix and Kiawe only has Marowak, Charizard and Bakugames).

So at this point I really have no idea lmao

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Ok I serously doubt that Ash is going to catch any new Pokemon in the Sun and Moon series (since the end is in sight for this series of the Anime), so i reckon he NEEDS to bring back old Pokemon in order to compete, but now that I think about it, we barely see ANYONE in Alola with a full team of 6 (Gladion only has Umbreon, Lycanroc and Silvally, Hau only has Dartrix and Kiawe only has Marowak, Charizard and Bakugames).

So at this spoint I really have no idea lmao
Weird how Lusamine of all people is the only person in the SM anime shown to have a full team

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

So at this point I really have no idea lmao
there's a strong possibility of him catching meltan though, especially now that he got the steelium-z

RedJirachi

Veteran member
With Kalos having so many Kanto call-backs, you think we might see some of Ash's Gen I Pokemon(besides the obvious two) be called back for the league?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
What if Ash just doesn't make it to the full 6on6 battle rounds of the league (like back in Kanto)? Or, if because it's a fledgling league they don't even have 6on6? What if it's formatted like Don Battle Tournament?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
What if Ash just doesn't make it to the full 6on6 battle rounds of the league (like back in Kanto)? Or, if because it's a fledgling league they don't even have 6on6? What if it's formatted like Don Battle Tournament?
2 weeks ago I would've laughed for implying the league would be 1v1 only, but after ash vs hapu, I'm worried it could actually happen

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's going to be a battle royale and the winner goes on for a 4v4 with Masked Royal

Because Alola really really really really likes the number four
you know, I'd kinda be ok with this tbh

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Considering no notable characters have a full team, my only guess is that the Alola League is going to have rules different from other Leagues, considering Ash will likely stick to just using his regional captures again. Battles are probably all going to be 3 vs 3 at the most.

I’m likely guessing it’ll be just 1 vs 1, just because all the classmates only have 1-2 Pokémon each.

ShadowForce720

Considering no notable characters have a full team, my only guess is that the Alola League is going to have rules different from other Leagues, considering Ash will likely stick to just using his regional captures again. Battles are probably all going to be 3 vs 3 at the most.

I’m likely guessing it’ll be just 1 vs 1, just because all the classmates only have 1-2 Pokémon each.

That is making the assumption that all of Ash's classmates will participate in the league which is not a safe assumption to make, the only one of Ash's classmates that it safe to say that is participate in the Alolan League is Kiawe who has specifically express interest in joining the league. Also as of right now the only characters that either confirmed or implied to be in the league is Ash, Kiawe, Hau, Gladion, and the Royal Masked and outside of that any other character is just pure speculation.

I know some people here seem to like to jump to conclusions that league won't have any full battles but there isn't really anything to suggest that, and before you try to argue that none of those characters don't have full teams it's important to note that it's not that unusual to not see a rivals full team for the battle, as all of those characters can easily just show up at the league with a full team.

Also provided Ash even faces all of his rivals at the league instead of having some of the rivals eliminate each other then chances are that Ash's battle against Ilima and Kiawe will be a 3vs3 so it won't be an issue that we don't see their other 3 pokemon and Ash's battle against Hau, and Gladion can easily be a full battle with them both easily getting pokemon that we may more may not see before the league, as for the Masked Royal either Ash's battle with him will be a full battle if it's actual league match or if the battle winds up being a reward for winning the Alolan League it could possibly be a 1vs1, even in the case of a full battle the Masked Royal could easily show up with a full team.

As for Ash he could easily get Meltan, and considering the writers Poipole could easily return, or Ash winds up catching another pokemon even though a lot of people would hate that option or he could just use a reserve.

Look I get that Sun and Moon might not have been having as many battles as some people would like but can people stop just trying to jump to conclusions, right now there isn't any reason to think that the Alolan league won't have full battles and really saying it is some how likely league is somehow going to lack full battles even though Kukui is basing the Alolan league on the other main regions leagues and those leagues had full battles, is really just jumping to conclusions.

Look unless it's specifically stated otherwise then chances are there are going to be full battles at the league.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Keep in mind Hau has only had one Pokemon so far, being Dartrix. And like you said, Kiawe seems to be the only classmate who is even interested in battling, though I could see Lana participating to a lesser extent. Lillie, Mallow and Sophocles all either don’t battle or show interest in doing so.

That may be further evidence towards the main format being 3 vs 3, with no full battles at all due to a lack of full teams for all the main characters, coupled with the fact Ash did the last two leagues only using his captures in that region alongside Pikachu.

ShadowForce720

Keep in mind Hau has only had one Pokemon so far, being Dartrix. And like you said, Kiawe seems to be the only classmate who is even interested in battling, though I could see Lana participating to a lesser extent. Lillie, Mallow and Sophocles all either don’t battle or show interest in doing so.

That may be further evidence towards the main format being 3 vs 3, with no full battles at all due to a lack of full teams for all the main characters, coupled with the fact Ash did the last two leagues only using his captures in that region alongside Pikachu.

First in regards to Hau only having Dartrix so far, keep in mind that was only his 1st appearance and it's already been shown before in previous leagues that we don't necessarily have to see all of the rivals pokemon before the league, so even if we don't see any of his other pokemon before the league he can still easily show up at the league with 5 additional pokemon.

As for Lillie, Lana, Mallow, and Sophocles not having full teams, you can't really use that as evidence since they aren't confirmed or implied to be in the league so why would them not having a full team mean that there will be a lack of full battles when there likely not going to be participating in the league. As for the Ash only using his regional captures in the last two leagues? so what that doesn't mean that there won't be any full battles at the league even if he doesn't use reserves they could just have him get 1 more capture and have Poipole return or have him get 2 more captures and sure while people may not like the latter of the option that wouldn't stop the writers from going with the latter option however I think there going to go the route of the former.

So there isn't really any evidence that would suggest that there won't be any full battles at the league.

Also unless a character specifically express interesting in joining the league or it implied that they are going to be in the league or they are doing or planning on doing the whole island challenge, then chances are they not going to be in the league.

It impossible for them to enter the league? No, but let's be honest the whole argument that well "x" could be in the league doesn't work as it could apply to practically just about every character in the series.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
First in regards to Hau only having Dartrix so far, keep in mind that was only his 1st appearance and it's already been shown before in previous leagues that we don't necessarily have to see all of the rivals pokemon before the league, so even if we don't see any of his other pokemon before the league he can still easily show up at the league with 5 additional pokemon.

As for Lillie, Lana, Mallow, and Sophocles not having full teams, you can't really use that as evidence since they aren't confirmed or implied to be in the league so why would them not having a full team mean that there will be a lack of full battles when there likely not going to be participating in the league. As for the Ash only using his regional captures in the last two leagues? so what that doesn't mean that there won't be any full battles at the league even if he doesn't use reserves they could just have him get 1 more capture and have Poipole return or have him get 2 more captures and sure while people may not like the latter of the option that wouldn't stop the writers from going with the latter option however I think there going to go the route of the former.

So there isn't really any evidence that would suggest that there won't be any full battles at the league.

Also unless a character specifically express interesting in joining the league or it implied that they are going to be in the league or they are doing or planning on doing the whole island challenge, then chances are they not going to be in the league.

It impossible for them to enter the league? No, but let's be honest the whole argument that well "x" could be in the league doesn't work as it could apply to practically just about every character in the series.

I don’t want to get into an argument here. I know the likely reason why all the classmates won’t participate is because Lillie, Mallow and Sophocles do not focus on battles.