1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon that confused you

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Skaisdead, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Skaisdead

Skaisdead Movers and Shakers

Are there any Pokemon that confuse you or used to confuse you? When I first saw Groudon, I thought it was a fire type. And when I first saw Azurill, I assumed it was a water type.

2. Silent Conversation

Silent Conversation Formerly SinnohChamp

^ I too thought that Groudon was a fire type and Azurill was water.

I also used to think that Psyduck was based off of a duck, but ever since I started to watch the show Phineas and Ferb, I now think it's a platypus.

3. BynineB

BynineB Wielding Übersaw.

..Your signature made me chuckle.

I never understood what Bronzong actually looked like.. the same thing happened to me with Hariyama. Also, I used to think that Donphan was a first gen poke and that Phanpy was a GSC baby. Lul.

4. Skaisdead

^ in the same way people assumed you could get togepi in red and blue? haha.

another one I didn't know was that carvanha evolves into sharpedo. I thought they were just closely related species like huntail and gorebyss.

5. Lucazard

Lucazard Spoof Man™

Froslass confuses me.

At first Ii thought it was just a normal old looking human-shaped Pokemon but it's back sprite looked weird and I still don't know what's up with it.

6. LiteBlue-

LiteBlue- Master of the Ground

I thought Lucario was a phsychic type.

7. Ludi-Cola

Ludi-Cola Drink Responsibly

Before I played R/S I assumed Volbeat & Illumise were dual Bug/Electric types. I am still disappointed they are not b/c I think that wld help them stand out a bit more. Maybe they'll get evos one day and gain the Electric type and be considered more than just another lame insect.
    I feel sorry for a lot of the bugs. Only a handful (Scizor, Heracross) get used in competitive battling, the rest are doomed to obscruity.

8. Flurried Rains

Flurried Rains ~No Day But Today.

I always thought Psyduck and Golduck should be part psychic type, and it surprised me when I found out they weren't. And I thought Sudowoodo was grass type. I also thought Wobbuffet was water type (because I got it mixed up with Quagsire). I never knew Cacturne was also dark type, and I agree with the Groudon/Azurill thing.

9. xspicysnowballx

xspicysnowballx Woof, meow, moo!

Pineco and Forretress confused me..... first time I saw them I said..

"..........what the..."

10. Zap Cannon

Zap Cannon Active Member

Zubat confuses me all the time.

11. brandyjay

brandyjay GET IN THE BAG

OMG me too.

12. Skaisdead

Good god, for the longest time I had absolutely no idea what type sudowoodo was. I thought it was some crazy wood type (which I believe should exist).

Also, during the reign of the first gen, I didn't comprehend type effectiveness past fire water and grass. I used water attacks against Bruno because he had onix, but I wondered why Machamp or Hitmonlee weren't weak to it. It wasn't until the third gen I decided to look into it because of ludicolo. The fact that it was a water grass type and didn't take more or less damage from fire confused me.

13. BynineB

BynineB Wielding Übersaw.

Oh, and Dunsparce's face always confused me. It looks cuter in my way of looking at it.

14. Locke Yggdrasill

Locke Yggdrasill Eustis on reddit

Back when Lunchables did their first promotion for pokemon with the "stamps" a few weeks after the release of Red and Blue, I always used to confuse Mewtwo and Meowth.

15. TehChriz

TehChriz Chriz

I laughed.

On a serious note

When i saw an aerodactyl get hit with an electric attack, that really confused me,

then i figured out electric can hit rock, just not ground.

;-;

though this was years ago

16. glowing_light010

glowing_light010 •chℓoε•

I used to think Shuckle was a water type.

I was sadly mistaken >_>'

17. brandyjay

brandyjay GET IN THE BAG

I had the same thing with aerodactyl I sent it out against an electric, it got 1HKO, i was sad.
    I used to think that it was ghost that was weak against ground, got a shock when I met a misdreavus for the first time.

18. Cruisercard

Cruisercard Well-Known Member

* Is surprised no one said Mawile*
    Mawile always confused me when I had Sapphire because I never saw its backface.
    *Gives self points for using the word backface in context, on Serebii*

19. dagon22

dagon22 Charmander master!

I remember using an electric attack on a Sudowoodo that I was trying to catch in Silver. I thought since it was a rock type, it wouldn't do to much damage, it fainted.

20. Skaisdead

I just sort of assumed that rock would resist rock. I didn't realize that rock wasn't nearly as resistant as it seems like it should be.