• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that confused you

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Are there any Pokemon that confuse you or used to confuse you? When I first saw Groudon, I thought it was a fire type. And when I first saw Azurill, I assumed it was a water type.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
^ I too thought that Groudon was a fire type and Azurill was water.

I also used to think that Psyduck was based off of a duck, but ever since I started to watch the show Phineas and Ferb, I now think it's a platypus.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
..Your signature made me chuckle.

I never understood what Bronzong actually looked like.. the same thing happened to me with Hariyama. Also, I used to think that Donphan was a first gen poke and that Phanpy was a GSC baby. Lul.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
^ in the same way people assumed you could get togepi in red and blue? haha.

another one I didn't know was that carvanha evolves into sharpedo. I thought they were just closely related species like huntail and gorebyss.

LiteBlue-

Master of the Ground
I thought Lucario was a phsychic type.

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Before I played R/S I assumed Volbeat & Illumise were dual Bug/Electric types. I am still disappointed they are not b/c I think that wld help them stand out a bit more. Maybe they'll get evos one day and gain the Electric type and be considered more than just another lame insect.
I feel sorry for a lot of the bugs. Only a handful (Scizor, Heracross) get used in competitive battling, the rest are doomed to obscruity.

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
I always thought Psyduck and Golduck should be part psychic type, and it surprised me when I found out they weren't. And I thought Sudowoodo was grass type. I also thought Wobbuffet was water type (because I got it mixed up with Quagsire). I never knew Cacturne was also dark type, and I agree with the Groudon/Azurill thing.

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
Pineco and Forretress confused me..... first time I saw them I said..

"..........what the..."

Zap Cannon

Zubat confuses me all the time.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
And I thought Sudowoodo was grass type.

Good god, for the longest time I had absolutely no idea what type sudowoodo was. I thought it was some crazy wood type (which I believe should exist).

Also, during the reign of the first gen, I didn't comprehend type effectiveness past fire water and grass. I used water attacks against Bruno because he had onix, but I wondered why Machamp or Hitmonlee weren't weak to it. It wasn't until the third gen I decided to look into it because of ludicolo. The fact that it was a water grass type and didn't take more or less damage from fire confused me.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
I had the same thing with aerodactyl I sent it out against an electric, it got 1HKO, i was sad.
I used to think that it was ghost that was weak against ground, got a shock when I met a misdreavus for the first time.

Cruisercard

* Is surprised no one said Mawile*
Mawile always confused me when I had Sapphire because I never saw its backface.
*Gives self points for using the word backface in context, on Serebii*

dagon22

Charmander master!
I remember using an electric attack on a Sudowoodo that I was trying to catch in Silver. I thought since it was a rock type, it wouldn't do to much damage, it fainted.