1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon that could be great but it type makes it bad

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by xucretis, Nov 27, 2011.

1. xucretis

xucretis Member

just discuss what pokemon acould be awsome but isnt because of typing
    my two favorite pokemon suffer because of their typing,aggron and gyarados,beside both have huge stats

2. ShadowKyogre443

ShadowKyogre443 오션 마스터

Rayquaza and Gyarados are just too risky with their 4x weaknesses. Them and many others, too :/

3. irock245

irock245 She wants it

Actually most pokemon with x4 weaknessess can be played around. Heatran, gliscor, and scizor all have x4 weaknesses and are in the top 10 most used pokemon.

4. Ice Blue Dragon

Ice Blue Dragon I belive I can fly!

Don't forget volcanra, who has a 2x stealth rock and 4x rock weakness.

5. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

I can't tell whether or not these posts is serious.

Probably all Bug/Flying and Bug/Grass types would fit this. They tend to have craptastic stats, yes, but quad Stealth Rock weakness, lack of usable STAB moves, and craptons of weaknesses aren't helping.

6. xucretis

xucretis Member

guys,4X weakness dont make a pokemon bad,what i meant is that there are some pokemon that have evrything to be awsome but it type makes impossible to use,like aggron that cant be good as defensive with X4 to two common types and rhyperior that has huge defense and a awsome ability but it typing and low sp def makes it easy to kill with any water sp atk move

7. Assassin9399

Assassin9399 Wanna hug?

-standard Gyarados Explanation-
    The typing of Gyarados balances him, it makes Gyarados a gamble, but it can turn out very lucky. If Gyarados was Water/Dragon, what most people want, it will become overpowered, since the Water/Dragon has only one weakness, Dragon. Add Gyrados' stats and Moxie or Intimidate to that and Gyarados is uber. And look on the bright side, Gyarados does get a Ground immunity, that means: not hit by Earthquake.

8. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded Git Gud

Audino could a a great addition in a in-game team however there are so many fighting types in Black and White that it isn't even funny.

9. Victory

Victory Banned

Many Fire Types because of their weakness to rock. Especially Charizard, he gets hurt a lot.

10. Calamity™

Calamity™ aka Lamia

I think a Pokémon like Lapras could have been amazing if it didn't have it's Ice typing. Also the types that have 4x weakness to Rock, simply because I hate losing 50% health from SR.

11. BellyDrum

BellyDrum Active Member

I loved using Charizard in the old games, but I find him extremely vulnerable nowadays since he's weak to a lot of popular types and doesn't harbor enough speed/defense to block much of them out. :/

12. PokéMan777

PokéMan777 Something's off...

When I battle online, I often find myself going against sending out my Rain Dance Dragonite (RD, Thunder, Hurricane, Dragon Tail), just because most people have Ice-types just for half of the pseudos.

13. munchlaxboy

munchlaxboy Catching up on XY

Charizard got on the bad end of the stick. Would've been a lot better off as Fire/Dragon, not Fire/Flying.

14. Rayofquazar

Rayofquazar Well-Known Member

Well even with a 4x weakness you can play with it... if your pokemon is weak to stealth rock and you know it just run a rapid spinner! You can always play around your pokemon's weaknesses just be aware of your opponent cz he/she will always target them!

15. Wyrm

Wyrm ~Setting Sail~

Aggron. Just when you thought it would wall your physical-oriented foe into submission, they use a common Ground or Fighting type move. Then your walking pile of armor goes bye-bye. At least Aggron gets amazing resistances from his typing, though.

16. Inchtall

Inchtall Back in Black....2

YAY! BISHARP IS SO- wait, 4x weakness to fighting, Mach Punch kill it in a hit. Dangit.

17. orangezilla

orangezilla Who's dar man

Bastiodon, awesome as hell you say? cool, some of the biggest defences in the game you say? wow, 4x weaknesses to ground and fighting you say? oh dear...

18. Zachmac

Zachmac Crystalline Guardian

Articuno, along with most other ice types.

I don't think I need to say much on that one.

I wouldn't count Gyarados, it only has two weaknesses, and resist fighting.

19. Kyurem immediately came to mind when I saw this thread.

Charizard could be better if it were not for its typing. I mean, Base 109 SpA? Good Base 100 speed? Incredibly powerful STAB when boosted by Solar Power AND Sun? Why is this thing not used more? Oh yeah, Fire/Flying typing. Really hard to sweep when you're losing health due to Solar Power and possible Life Orb AND you lose half of your health just by switching into Stealth Rock.

20. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

Let's add Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn to the list of pokemon with terrible typings and are hence never used[/sarcasm]

Yanmega would probably make the list too. Two great abilities, good stats, good enough movepool, but Bug/Flying typing, which doesn't help cover the other's weaknesses plus 4x SR weak.