• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that could be great but it type makes it bad

Zachmac

he is also one of few pokemons who resist boltbeam combo.
I forgot to bring that up. He walls most ice or electric types to heck because of this.

I still think Weavile could be better. It has decent offensive typing, but it's typing also makes it hard to set up, and it can't pull off being a revenge killer with it's stealth rock weakness.

It also relies on low kick or brick break for coverage.

Weavile is one of my 4th gen favorites too....

Breeder_Noah

Pokémon Breeder
I'd say that the poor ol' Abomasnow got the short end of the stick. He has great stats and an ability that whole teams can be based around! Poor old Abomasnow... He just had to be weak to SEVEN different types! Including x4 Fire weakness. *sighs...*

Palkia98

aggron, and tyranitar. if tyranitar was like just rock, or rock and dragon maybe for the godzilla theme design, itd be so much better, agrron if it was steel and ground.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^Tyranitar is already awesome. His dark typing gives him a great secondary STAB. Tyranitar would be worse without his Dark typing.

Invisiblade97

Torkoal. It has the same physical and special defense stats as Skarmory, five more points in its base HP, a great defensive movepool (Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Toxic, etc.), and a great ability, but is hindered by its Fire type.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
In case nobody brought it up, Glaceon. It has an awesome 130 Sp. Atk, and great defenses that let would let it survive multiple hits, especially if it was part of a Vaporeon Substitute Baton Pass chain. Alas, its ice typing makes it way too easy to KO. If those same stats were on a Steel-Psychic, Dragon-Fire, or Steel-Water pokemon, or something along those lines, it would be instant OU (assuming it has a decent offensive movepool).

Psycho Cut

In case nobody brought it up, Glaceon. It has an awesome 130 Sp. Atk, and great defenses that let would let it survive multiple hits, especially if it was part of a Vaporeon Substitute Baton Pass chain. Alas, its ice typing makes it way too easy to KO. If those same stats were on a Steel-Psychic, Dragon-Fire, or Steel-Water pokemon, or something along those lines, it would be instant OU (assuming it has a decent offensive movepool).
Same goes for why Ice Body Glaceon isn't viable. Pure ice is simply awful defensive typing.

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
I still think Weavile could be better. It has decent offensive typing, but it's typing also makes it hard to set up, and it can't pull off being a revenge killer with it's stealth rock weakness.

It also relies on low kick or brick break for coverage.

I agree. I mean, I love Weavile, but 4X WEAK TO FIGHTING! That's just sad. :(

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I agree. I mean, I love Weavile, but 4X WEAK TO FIGHTING! That's just sad. :(
Conkeldurr used Mach Punch!
Scizor used Bullet Punch!

Yeah, Ice types got a glove to the face with the increase in priority in generation 5's metagame. To boot, there's usually about 1 notable Ice type each generation.

None the less, that doesn't mean they're bad in lower tiers.

I agree with Ice types and how they always get the short end of the stick with Mach/Bullet Punch and Stealth Rock.

But psychic types also do in a way, especially Celebi and Exeggutor with their 4x weakness. But with the common Sucker Punch and not as common Shadow Sneak around it makes their job more hard. And also Pursuit trappers *coughTyranitarcough* make it worse for them and doesn't help that most of them have horrible defense. But they won't change all their typing for them although some like Gothitelle should.

Faytal

Virizion <3
Celebi, awesome move pool and a whopping 7 weaknesses. Yet I still use mine <3

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Celebi, awesome move pool and a whopping 7 weaknesses. Yet I still use mine <3
Celebi has good stats, and a lot of sets it can use. but yeah, it has a lot of weaknesses because of it's typing. it doesn't make it any worse of a pokemon though.

Faytal

Virizion <3
Celebi has good stats, and a lot of sets it can use. but yeah, it has a lot of weaknesses because of it's typing. it doesn't make it any worse of a pokemon though.

Totally agree, but I really hate that so many types have an advantage over Celebi :(

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
yeah, also like what other people have said having a 4x weakness to stealth rock or rock in general can make a pokemon a lot harder to use.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
the only guy i can think of is torterra due to its 4x weakness to ice.

ashsinnoh

Since i haven't seen this mentioned yet, Leafeon.Leafeon is one of my fav eevos. Decent stats, useful abilities in sun, worst attacking movepool, bad typing in todays meta. It has cappabilities to work, but hardly sweep. I mean he could have at least got Elemental Fangs for better coverage.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Since i haven't seen this mentioned yet, Leafeon.Leafeon is one of my fav eevos. Decent stats, useful abilities in sun, worst attacking movepool, bad typing in todays meta. It has cappabilities to work, but hardly sweep. I mean he could have at least got Elemental Fangs for better coverage.
Going to disagree here, the title of the thread is Pokemon that could be great but it type makes it bad. In all other circumstances, I totally agree with you. It just needs something to hit Fire, Flying, and Steel types and then it would be great.