• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon That Didn't Interest You, But Now You Love

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Poison types in general, at least back in the time when they weren't so good. But then they really grew on me and now they are some of my favourite pokemon around due to their awesome designs and they got a lot better as the gens went forward. Heck, I'll even bring them along for the main adventure and battle tower now and they've done me a great service since gen 4.

I can agree with this.

I'm slowly starting to appreciate Poison types myself. In the past, the only Poison-type I cared for was Venasaur. Now, I've found myself battling with Crobat, Roserade, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Swalot, Drapion, Scolipede, and most definitely Dragalge.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well coming back from almost 6 months since my first post, I have found new respect for Simisear in just how far I made in my first Nuzlocke with it as my secondary starter. Understandably I didn't quite make it through the Locke, all thanks to Siebold, who has also made it on my list as one of the most frustrating and memorable E4 members I have faced to date thanks to the coverage he has on his clawitzer. E4 aside, my Simisear was able to beat all odds and was my first caught encounter along with froakie and both fought together to the bitter end against Siebold.

lavanda

Really feeling it
Hydreigon, 'nuff said.
I also disliked Swampert and Ludicolo, but that was because their Gen III sprites were terrible.

LudicrousLudicolo

Swift Swimmer
Hydreigon, 'nuff said.
I also disliked Swampert and Ludicolo, but that was because their Gen III sprites were terrible.

I was once like you, but I have officially seen the light. In all seriousness, I used to absolute downright HATE Ludicolo. Well, look who is my favorite Pokemon now huh? It always looked so goofy, and as a kid I looked for Pokemon that resembled cool things like dragons, dinosaurs, and not mariachi dancing ducks. Well, now things have changed and the competitive use and design of Ludicolo are perhaps some of the most fun and amusing things about him.

Lightningsnowstorm

Shocking trainer
Crobat and Ampharos. I used to ignore them, but now they are my favorites.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I've really grown to like Gallade. Before I never really liked its design (those hips), but since I started playing the TCG and saw the amazing art work that's out for him I've been using him in my Psychic deck and he's really good. With the recent reveal of his Mega Evolution I'm totally sold. I need one on my team. He's actually the first Mega that I really like.

SteveTheePirated

Its CAPTAIN to you
I always thought Porygon was useless up until Pokemon Y when I received one in a wonder trade. I decided to try it out and am now in love with Porygon, plus it kind of looks like a creepy virtual duck.

waterfairytrainer

I could never stand the lotad evolution line.The sprites looked ridiculous and I thought it was weak. I caught a Lotad in emerald though, and along with my mudkip(I don't remember the last evolution stage name) and ludicolo are my best pokes in emerald. When the remakes come out, I will definitely have a lotad.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
I used to pretty much ignore Slowbro, but then it was revealed to have a Mega Evo so I thought "why not try it out?". So I caught a Slowpoke in my latest LeafGreen playthrough and I'm really enjoying it! Now I have another reason to be excited for ORAS so that I can see my precious Derp (yes that's what I named her) Mega Evolve! :D

htzrd

the crappy Kangaskhan has become Legend with the megastone stuff, i want the same happens to the underestimated Girafarig (who doesn't love giraffes?)

Impreza

Ferrothorn. I always felt like the sprite looked awkward in BW, but with the transition to 3D models I thought it ended up looking better (although still kind of ugly). It also hits surprisingly hard with Gyro Ball for such a defensive mon.

phanpycross

God-king
For the longest I hated everything about the charmander line: Charizard being stupid overrated, charmander having a boring design, charizard being overrated, but recently I have found myself growing quite of charmeleon. It's design just screams "confidence", and the color change makes it look so much better.

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
When I first saw Slurpuff, I looked at it and said "This is so ugly lol".
Eventually, Slurpuff grew on me and now I think it looks adorable :). It's one of my favorite Pokemon now.

Crystagon

I must say that I've never been that interested in Gengar (mainly because I had no one to trade with to evolve Haunter)...
...this until I trained one.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
Dewott, Simisear, Leavanny, Deerling, Karrablast, Mienfoo and Cobalion! :p The list goes on, but at first sight these guys were dweebs, but now I love them and they're actually among my favourite Pokemon ever. <3