• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that everyone Hates but you Like

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
We all have that one Pokemon that a lot of people don't like but you personally think it's great.

So simply who is it for you?

For me I have a few:

-Meganium. (This one gets a lot of hate for being "useless" and I can see why. But I have a soft spot for it. It's a tank and it's fine for stalling opponents lol)

-Incineroar (I make NO exaggeration when I say that this guy got a LOT of hate at first reveal because of it's design but I think it seems like people have warmed up to it thankfully)

-Inteleon (See Incineroar)

-The ENTIRE Popplio Line (I don't care if they look "Too Girly" I love them)

-Eiscue (This little guy is kinda goofy but I find it adorable and hilarious)

-Mr. Mime (Call me insane but I find it oddly endearing. Detective Pikachu and Mimey in the Anime probably helped a lot.)

-Vanilite (It's so cute. I don't get all the hate for this one. It's just an object mon. Or is that that the exact reason why?)

Anyways which Pokemon do you like that's hated by the majority of the fans?

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I like Meganium's full line. It's got some decent bulk on it.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Vanilluxe.

It's a bulky, special attacking ice cream cone that became pretty powerful during my white run and I found him an underdog.

He lacks some coverage, but he's gotten better with the generations.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I love the Meganium line as well. I have so many fond memories of taking on all of Johto and Kanto with this beautiful green sauropod as my front liner. It’s far from a competitive powerhouse but I don’t care.

I also absolutely love Druddigon. A gargoyle-esque dragon that’s also based off of common color schemes of the Rock Agama lizards? It such a creative Pokemon!

I also like Cryogonal and Glalie a lot, despite just being a sentient snowflake and snowball in design.

Oh, can’t forget Vanilluxe, such an adorable little double cone!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'll say Chespin since no member of the line made it in the Pokémon of the Year pool. And every starter had a member of its line represented. I think it's a great pokémon that's severely underrated.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I agree with you about Chespin’s line being underrated. I feel the same about Fennekin’s line as well.
I love the Fennekin line too. It's so cool.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Galarian Stunfisk.

I love it despite it not getting anything stronger than Metal Claw.

Maybe IoA can fix that, but since I love Unovian Stunfisk, I can't help but love the bear snare of doom...now if only Ursaring was in the DLC...though I guess it got cut due to Urshifu making it redundant...

Baggie_Saiyan

Meganium line is perhaps the most underrated starter line they are all so well designed. It's just a shame that because they were weak to the first two gyms it seemed that there reputation was marred from that, I think early in Pokemon days most people like myself didn't have a concept of a team.

I also completely agree about Vailite it's very adorable! Nice seeing them in the WA.

As for pick maybe Toucannon I don't see much talk of him anywhere. I just love this angry bird and signature move was cool if a little gimmicky.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Meganium line is perhaps the most underrated starter line they are all so well designed. It's just a shame that because they were weak to the first two gyms it seemed that there reputation was marred from that, I think early in Pokemon days most people like myself didn't have a concept of a team.

Funnily enough that also applies to the Charmander line.

It's weak against Brock and Misty but you don't see anyone calling the line useless

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Galarian Stunfisk.

I love it despite it not getting anything stronger than Metal Claw.

Maybe IoA can fix that, but since I love Unovian Stunfisk, I can't help but love the bear snare of doom...now if only Ursaring was in the DLC...though I guess it got cut due to Urshifu making it redundant...
Pokémon Go really gave me a reason to respect The old Stunfisk. Still one of my least favs, but I no longer feel compelled to hate on it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Mr Mime & Jynx due to their humanoid designs and unsettling faces. The former is really funny while the latter has some interesting inspirations. This goes for all humanoid Pokémon that people complain about being on two legs as I’ve always found it to be a dumb complaint (especially for newer designs)

Gen 4 evolutions like Rhyperior, Magmortar, Lickilicky, and Tangrowth. They get trashed on for being basically fatter versions of their respective pre evolutions but they look way more cooler than them. Quilladin kind of fits here as well.

All the Route 1 rodents sans Greedent. They’re all charming in their own way and there isn’t one I dislike beside the aforementioned . Bibarel, Watchog, Diggersby, and Gumshoos are my favorite.

Volcanion: often the poster child for missed opportunities for Legends and Gen 6 alike, this thing gets a lot of flak but it’s easily one of the better Mythicals. I’m not a fan of the cute pixie ones besides Victini so Volcanion was a good deviation. Plus it has a great movie.

The Elemental Monkeys: I think they’re cute and cool pseudo starters with some great thematic designs. Simisage is my favorite guy I love all 3/6

Crabominable: This was the perfect Ice/Fighting Type. A yeti crab that gives off a strong yet goofy vibe like its pre evolution. Shame it’s not that good competitively

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
A lot of people dislike Lucario because it’s very ubiquitous and was designed to be appealing. It being designed to be appealing must have worked on me, since it’s one of my favourites. I do agree that it gets a lot more focus than it should though.

Many dislike Delphox, preferring Braixen, but I prefer Delphox.

Most of my favourites I wouldn’t say are hated, just underrated/relatively unpopular. Some examples would include Silvally (though that’s still quite popular), Phantump, and Altaria.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've seen a lot of criticism towards Sunigoon (Cursola) in recent months, which I don't quite understand since I think the species looks intriguing and has an interesting basis. I would probably never use one on my team since I tend to avoid monotyped Pokemon, but I think Sunigoon is probably my favorite new evolution introduced in Shield and Sword.

KingstonUponHulbury

I think Exeggutor is widely considered to be quite goofy, but I love the Gen IV and V sprites specifically; there's something about the squat that makes it look hulking. Maybe it's the low centre of gravity.

I used to adore Dunsparce until I realised exactly where its mouth was, I thought it had cute little mandible things. I'll still stick up for it.

The Trubbish line is good, and I like the murky green colour palette when the designers could have so easily just gone for another purple Poison-type.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Vanillite, Vanillish and Vanilluxe get a bad rap even though I think they're cool looking. People spite them because they're based on ice cream cones but they're more like icicles than actual ice cream lol. I also think Qwilfish is heavily disliked just because it doesn't look cuddly or cool. :[

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
I also think Qwilfish is heavily disliked just because it doesn't look cuddly or cool. :[

I agree that it's severely underrated. It's not the kind of Pokemon that I'd use myself, but it looks somewhat adorable to me for reasons that I don't quite understand. It's just very quirky to look at I suppose.