• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that have been dealt a bad hand

xst33vox

Merchant Of Death
There are a ton of pokemon with cool designs, cool typing, good stats, and are just not as good as they could be.
Lanturn- Great typing, but its stats are pretty lame
Absol- Great design, but it just needs to be much faster
Beedrill- Honestly, stat wise one of the worst bug types, but in my opinion has one of the best designs (for a bug.)
Drapion- I know he doesn't suck, however I was disappointed when I saw his stats, he needs dragon dance haha

I know there aren't the only ones, but these are the ones that bug me the most. How about you guys? Any pokemon you really like, but just wish they were better?

shengar

Silent reader
Samurott. I'm pissed off when I'm see the stat for Attack are only 100 while the Special Attack are 108. Seriously game freak, a bearded, samurai cap wearing Otter that have shell blade as its weapon have lower attack stat than its special attack. Seriously? *seriously.jpg*

Mothim, Butterfree, Venomoth, and of course, Beedrill could have some stat increase. And don't forget Magcargo too

No. 1 Machop Fan

Flareon. Great Attack ruined by poor speed and an even poorer movepool. :(

magikrap

Typhlosion Trainer
Aggron; having that ridiculous defense stat doesn't mean much when you have 4x weaknesses to two of the most common attack types... thank goodness for Sturdy.

xst33vox

Merchant Of Death
^agreed, aggron is godly looking, but you can't use em till your positive there is no ground or fighting types or he's gone

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
Sunkern got the shortest stick. Horrendous stats, and a worse evolution. A sunflower? Really?

Emolga's stats don't exactly wow me. I have one on my team and I really like him, but I have to switch him out a lot.

Weavile- While still pretty good, it's too frail and has such awful typing. If it had maybe slightly more bulk, stronger STAB moves, Close Combat, and a somewhat useful ability it would be fantastic, but it currently has none of the stated perks.

Abomasnow- It only has sub decent stats to begin with, which really is it's main downfall other than positively horrendus defensive typing. It has a decent support movepool, and a pretty good offensive movepool, but no boosting moves or even decent stats to back up any of it's good traits. Abomasnow is really only useful for setting up hail...

Kyurem- This thing was beastly in UU, before it got banned. Because of how rampant steel types are wherever they can really be used, Kyurem's dual STAB moves aren't really that great for OU. It relies too much on Focus Blast, which has very shaky accuracy, and even then almost all the steel types in OU are netrual to fighting. Despite it's fantastic bulk for an offensive mon, it suffers from the poor defensive typing that ice gives. It can easily be KO'd by a scizor's bullet punch, especially when weakened.

Armaldo- A really boss looking bug type. However, we all know that looks, unfortunately are not everything. Mediocre stats and typing, and it mainly suffers from low speed and poor movepool in general. Not really much else to say here...

Yes, I do realize most of the pokemon I listed are ice types, but it doesn't change the fact that they really need a buff of some kind.

-Resident evil ;461;

xst33vox

Merchant Of Death
I honesty feel like kyurem will get a boost of some sort if theres a remake, cause he is definitely not on par with zekrom and reshiram, so I've ignored him, and wished someone with such a good typing had better stats and moves.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Umbreon- I almost think Gamefreak has it in for this guy. 4th gen brought physical dark moves and Payback which greatly helped, but then 5th gen comes along bringing all these new, powerful fighting and bug types, two moves that cut through boosted defenses (one's fighting type), and take away Mean Look passing. Not to mention giving Umbreon the DW ability Inner Focus. Flareon's another Eeveelution who's been a bit neglected, but at least it got the ability Guts which can help a bit. Umbreon really got the short end of the stick there. Why couldn't had been Shadow Tag or Analytic, something Umbreon could actually use?

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I still think Flareon has it MUCH worse. I have personally used, and seen, Umbreon used extremely successfully, singly stalling out two opponents on its own.

Flareon's great attack stat is left to rot without Flare Blitz, or any very decent physical moves. Yea, 5th gen gave it more, but not enough. And I cross my fingers that eventually it'll be able to learn Flare Blitz (really, why can't it?).

Guts is nice, but not when you can't use Flame Orb for it. It's frail stats just help you speed up it's quick death if you induce it with Toxic ..........

XXD17

Draco rex
Magmortar could be so much better, too if it had a fire type equilalent to electivire's abilty. ( i forgot what it's called.)

there isn't one...the poke that I really want to be better is zangoose...it has so much potential but it's not fast enough nor are its defenses any good...

Clipps

Beginning Trainer
Volcarona was interesting at first, but the 4X weakness to rock kills it, a long with horrid defense. Wouldn't hurt to have a levitate Volcarona considering that it floats.