• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that have been dealt a bad hand

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sableye, Sneasel, Weavlile, Delibird, and Murkrow

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I really wish that Charizard could get some item or ability to make it immune to SR.

Although it's current abilities are nice, I feel like an SR avoiding ability would help Charizard get out there more. *shrugs*

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Emboar and eelektroses speed

Aztec_Blaziken

Back to WiFi Battles
Umbreon- I almost think Gamefreak has it in for this guy. 4th gen brought physical dark moves and Payback which greatly helped, but then 5th gen comes along bringing all these new, powerful fighting and bug types, two moves that cut through boosted defenses (one's fighting type), and take away Mean Look passing. Not to mention giving Umbreon the DW ability Inner Focus. Flareon's another Eeveelution who's been a bit neglected, but at least it got the ability Guts which can help a bit. Umbreon really got the short end of the stick there. Why couldn't had been Shadow Tag or Analytic, something Umbreon could actually use?

Or Magic Bounce Umbreon... That wouldve been awesome.

Mawile looks really cool but its stats are just aweful. Its movepool isn't bad though

~Kari~

Flareon has a pathetic physical movepool, it doesn't even get Flare Blitz! It's base stats (except attack) suck.

Blastoise is completely outclassed by other defensive water types, couldn't Gamefreak given it a niche or better base stats?

Serperior could have gotten a better movepool and higher offensive stats. I love Serperior, it just doesn't have a good movepool or high enough stats.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
The internet will not bend to your wishes. If he prefers Perversity, let him say Perversity.

Anyway, Emboar. Vast movepool, great offensive stats, and fair bulk are all undermined by that terrible Speed.

^this is why I Audino Grind with flame charge. really helps. you're welcome.

Learns aroun lvl. 15... ish... I don't remember, but I had it as a Pignite battling Lenora... thagt part of the game, I suppose...

MasterLucario

No life till leather
Seismetoed. You'd think a giant frog would be better than base 80 sp. attack.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Castform. Cool ability but its stats...

DragonTrainerBigRed

<No wall can stop me
Has anyone commented on Archeops yet?

Most people say I should use one but I don't think so cos its ability makes it a retard.

It really is a shame that Archeops was given the horrible Defeatist ability to go with its awesome stats and design. That stupid ability is the only reason that I haven't trained an Archeops yet. If it had been given a better ability, I would have trained one by now since I really like Archeops's appearance.

WillieNelson

It really is a shame that Archeops was given the horrible Defeatist ability to go with its awesome stats and design. That stupid ability is the only reason that I haven't trained an Archeops yet. If it had been given a better ability, I would have trained one by now since I really like Archeops's appearance.

That ability is to stop it from being way broken.

The Outcast

Terminate421
I still use him but,

Scolipede

He's fast but the problem is that he lacks power. Once he gets a swords dance up he's good but, with out it....he can only do hit n' run tactics.

Some may say Empoleon....but no. Empoleon has plenty of uses. Trick Room teams is where he kicks ***.

That ability is to stop it from being way broken.

This. There are ways of getting around it: Mummy-passing (similar to the mummy king strategy), but that's easy to stop, and hard to pull off. Maybe if Archeops had some attacking recovery move to keep it healthy.

Anyway, Spinda, like always has missed out on a useful evo. It has such a huge support movepool, a decent attacking one, but it's STATS. Base 60 in everything. With an Evolution to boost those stat to useable levels, Spinda (well, it's evolution) would be a beast. *sigh*

Also, this isn't a single pokemon, but Hail teams got handed a bad hand this Gen, with no new tricks, while sandstorm is running around with their Sand Rush, Sand Force, etc. Maybe it'd be better if Ice types got a boost in hail, ie. Super effective attacks do less damage, or no critical hits can land on ice types in hail. Since hail is a stall-ish weather, either of those things could prove fairly useful.

DragonTrainerBigRed

<No wall can stop me
I honesty feel like kyurem will get a boost of some sort if theres a remake, cause he is definitely not on par with zekrom and reshiram, so I've ignored him, and wished someone with such a good typing had better stats and moves.

Poor Kyurem. For one thing, considering that it's supposed to be a powerful legendary dragon, why did they have to make its signature move rather crappy. If the power of Glaciate had to be set at a mere 65, then they should have made it lower the opponent's speed by 2 levels rather than just 1 level.

Of course, the fact that Kyurem failed to make ubers tier at Smogon pretty much says a lot. Hopefully, it will eventually receive a new forme that will enable it to compete well in ubers.