• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that have been dealt a bad hand

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Galvantula - Just look at him! So cool, unique typing, only thing he needs is higher Sp.Atk.
Maybe 105 should do it....

I love Galvantula just the way it is!!

I think Donphan was handed a bad hand. Bad Speed but pretty good Attack. Can't take an Ice type attack though, but it could deal a pretty good amount of damage with Ice Shard.

ROFLMAO

Farfetch'd got dealt a horrible hand. I think it's meant to be the proverbial "sitting duck" but that's not fair for something as awesome as Farfetch'd. He really needs an evolution.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Reuniclus.

He has amazing special attack but his speed is insanely low.

But it has good bulk to make up for that. Not to mention Trick Room.

Aegon

I love Galvantula just the way it is!!

I think Donphan was handed a bad hand. Bad Speed but pretty good Attack. Can't take an Ice type attack though, but it could deal a pretty good amount of damage with Ice Shard.
I always thought Donphan should have been faster, too. It can roll up into a ball, and travel extremely fast, so why does it have such a low Speed stat?

AmericanPi

Write on
Farfetch'd got dealt a horrible hand. I think it's meant to be the proverbial "sitting duck" but that's not fair for something as awesome as Farfetch'd. He really needs an evolution.

From Smogon's DP Strategy Dex: I am of the opinion that as Pokemon Red and Blue were about to be released, Farfetch'd accidentally spilled some ink on the suit of one of the most important Game Freak staff members. Since then, they have hated Farfetch'd and did everything they could to make this thing suck as much as possible on the battlefield.

Normally I despise Smogon, but this was so true and funny that I actually smiled. :)

Poor, poor Farfetch'd... GAMEFREAK! WHY U HAVE NO LOVE FOR ENDANGERED POKEMON???

AlexielSolarin

Flareon, all the way. Poor movepool, poor ability, poor stats, and a permanently cemented reputation as the worst Eeveelution ever. Even his DW Ability, Guts, permits him to function at best as a NU-style Heracross, and Heracross is a much better Heracross. XD

AmericanPi

Write on
Flareon, all the way. Poor movepool, poor ability, poor stats, and a permanently cemented reputation as the worst Eeveelution ever. Even his DW Ability, Guts, permits him to function at best as a NU-style Heracross, and Heracross is a much better Heracross. XD

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk79/faerie_neo_fan/Flareonbanner.gif

WOOT! :D (Banner made by me!)

But still... poor Flareon. He's definitely my all-time favorite Eeveelution, 'cause he's pretty and cute. <3 I don't care what Smogon says about him, because he's the best. I LOVE YOU, BLAZE!

jmdavid12

Challenge Accepted
Flareon and Glaceon. They are definately the WORST of the worst of the Eeveelutions. Both need a WAY better movepool and Flareon needs a Stat rearrangement

Swagmander

Zebstrika. Easily the best 5th gen Pokemon design they made, but its movepool sucks and it has really bad defensive stats. Competitively it's all in all an inferior Manectric.

Swagmander

Since when did you compare Zebstrika to Manectric?
Similar stats, moves, and abilities. I'd say Manectric wins competitively, however, because it gets a better Special Attack stat to abuse its 5th gen Lightningrod ability with. Plus it gets Flamethrower, which is always nice for a special attacker.

Soperman

The One and Only
EMBOAR
Boss attack, but can be koed by a freakin magikarp with those defenses
ok, thats an exaggeration, but without any defense or speed it cant do much

AlexielSolarin

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk79/faerie_neo_fan/Flareonbanner.gif

WOOT! :D (Banner made by me!)

But still... poor Flareon. He's definitely my all-time favorite Eeveelution, 'cause he's pretty and cute. <3 I don't care what Smogon says about him, because he's the best. I LOVE YOU, BLAZE!

LOL I'm not saying it because Smogon says it, that's from my actually wanting to make an Eeveelution and seeing his base stats and movepool and thinking "...". :p Who's got a great Atk stat but no good Atk moves for it? That guy. XD

silverwolf922

U lieks Oshawott
Gyrados has been dealt a really bad hand because of its pre-evolution. Magikarp is one of the weakest likeminded I've ever dealt with. I wanted to get a Gyrados early in Ruby so I caught a low level Magikarp, never again.

Striker X

Certified dumb user
I still think Flareon has it MUCH worse. I have personally used, and seen, Umbreon used extremely successfully, singly stalling out two opponents on its own.

Flareon's great attack stat is left to rot without Flare Blitz, or any very decent physical moves. Yea, 5th gen gave it more, but not enough. And I cross my fingers that eventually it'll be able to learn Flare Blitz (really, why can't it?).

Guts is nice, but not when you can't use Flame Orb for it. It's frail stats just help you speed up it's quick death if you induce it with Toxic ..........

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, hold on. Flare blitz?

This is Nintendo and Game Freak logic. IT'S LEARNING V-CREATE.

Jokes aside, it REALLY does need Flare blitz. :(

Mister_SGG

Gyrados has been dealt a really bad hand because of its pre-evolution. Magikarp is one of the weakest likeminded I've ever dealt with. I wanted to get a Gyrados early in Ruby so I caught a low level Magikarp, never again.

Who gives a sh*t about Magikarp? Gyarados has in no way been dealt a bad hand.