• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon That look Connected But Aren't

Which one of the Pokemon evolves into Seviper?

If you guess Arbok, then you're right!

LIES!!!XP

ToeyJoey

The Count
Are you insinuating that two snakes must be connected, or simply making light on that innocent error?

@ToeyJoey, A little bit of both, the infamous Trainer's Choice did made me believe Arbok can evolve into Seviper until I found out they're both unrelated.:p

I remember that fail...wtf were they thinkin!? lol

I agree, yet I admit that the error made me think that Arbok can evolve.-.-

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I never thought they were related, but I must say that Charmander looks similar to Dragonite. Infact, Charmander looks more like a Dragonite that a Charzard.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Which one of the Pokemon evolves into Seviper?

If you guess Arbok, then you're right!

LIES!!!XP

THAT was the hugest fail in the anime since it debuted. I was too broke to get online or afford a GBA at the bloody time, so my only hope for new pokemon was through the anime for all of Hoenn...

... This and what they did to One Piece is why 4kids must be stripped of their title, sacrificed to Mehrunes Dagon, and have their ashes scattered across the many planes of Oblivion.

Golemite

... This and what they did to One Piece is why 4kids must be stripped of their title, sacrificed to Mehrunes Dagon, and have their ashes scattered across the many planes of Oblivion.

I like where you're going! :)

RzK

Meow
That eerie Gastly/Cloyster thing, they are close in the Dex too, Gengar a shadow of Clefable, Stantler-->Sawsbuck-->Xerneas
Magikarp and Feebas, Plusle and Minun, Chansey and Clefairy line...

Tenilius

Whenever I look at Sigilyph I see a resemblance to Unown, when it was relvealed, my first thought was 'That can't an Unown evolution can it?'

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Venonat's having butterfree's face is something most people notice. What nobody has noticed yet is that weedle and diglett actually have the same face too. I'm not quite sure why they do, but they're both brown with beady eyes and round pink noses. The rest of their bodies don't seem to relate to each other though.

Geodude and hitmonchan are similar, particularly in their early official artwork. Their bodies aren't similar at all, but for some reason, they have the same face.

I wouldn't be surprised if butterfree and venonat were meant to be related, but I'd imagine the other four I mentioned are just due to the artist reusing the same design.

As for ones which kind of appear similar while not being, kabutops looks pretty similar to scyther, doesn't it? I figured the two could be distant relatives, seeing as kabutops is prehistoric.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Dialga and Xerneas.
Their color scheme is very similar

Well, so are the color schemes of Starmie and Drifblim; they're still not even remotely similar beyond that (other than being quadrupedal), seeing as Dialga is a sauropod and Xerneas is a stag.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Venonat's having butterfree's face is something most people notice. What nobody has noticed yet is that weedle and diglett actually have the same face too. I'm not quite sure why they do, but they're both brown with beady eyes and round pink noses. The rest of their bodies don't seem to relate to each other though.

Geodude and hitmonchan are similar, particularly in their early official artwork. Their bodies aren't similar at all, but for some reason, they have the same face.

I wouldn't be surprised if butterfree and venonat were meant to be related, but I'd imagine the other four I mentioned are just due to the artist reusing the same design.

As for ones which kind of appear similar while not being, kabutops looks pretty similar to scyther, doesn't it? I figured the two could be distant relatives, seeing as kabutops is prehistoric.

Maybe the artists just sucked at making unique faces back in 1st gen.