• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that looks bad in the anime

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
their must be pokemon that you guys don't like the look of in the anime

while I don't have many gligar colour in the anime is the wrong shade

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
All Pokemon look better in the anime.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Last edited:

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
^I have to agree with everyone else, the pokemon look better in the anime
But I were to pick one I'd say Woobat: this is because before i saw the anime i always its nose was its eye lol

Antithesis

Golett. Not a fan of its design in the games and the show made it even worse.

CupidKirby

It's always nice to see a sprite+design, which is all we get in the games, be animated.

I don't know...Cottonee? I thought it was cuter before its debut episode.

CliveKoopa

This got me wondering, if there was no anime would we still be seeing those crappy Red/Blue watercolour sprites. I hated those, they looked all ugly and unlikeable.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I think simisear looks a lot uglier in the anime but that might be because of the face it was making.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
All the Pokemon look better in the anime, except for Jynx

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Honestly, I believe all the pokemon look better in the anime than they do in the games. I don't know why, they just do.

This. Everythig he said.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
human characters, on the other hand.... yeah, I'd prefer their Sugimori art and game sprites over how they tend to appear in the anime. And this is even without the drastic redesigns that most of the Kanto Gym Leaders got.

ladendar

Little munchkinz
Honestly, I believe all the pokemon look better in the anime than they do in the games. I don't know why, they just do.
I agree, animation for me in the game is always limited and such for me. The images are all so blurry at times in the game, but the feel of being able to experience it yourself is always nice ^-^