• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that make you go "Oh No" when you have to fight them.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Toxapex. Whenever you see it, you just know that you'll have to spend half the game trying to bait out the little sucker. Its just so well-designed for the purpose of being a defensive pivot. So very good at preserving itself to catch you with a scald burn or toxic down the line. Or getting switched in-between other mons.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Snorlax

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Cuz its realy bulky and has lots of HP. Unless I have a good fighting type, it takes ages to kill it
Good points. Both are a pain. Same goes with trying to take down Chansey and Blissey.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Toxapex.

It's the definition of "Stop having fun". It's design, it's access to recovery, access to Scald, access to Knock off, access to Toxic, access to Toxic spikes. You can't setup because of Haze. And this m* just doesn't die because of those defenses. I don't like that my Garchomp gets burned by a scald, someone else loses their life orb or whatever.

It's the only Pokemon that makes me go why. Why was it brought to existence. What was the need. I don't care if my Specs Lele can one shot it. I just don't want to fight this thing because it's presence makes me want to type "gg I quit".

It's not even good to look at.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I've got a couple. Roselia, mainly because my being a swampert trainer in Sapphire makes any grass type encounter cause me to shudder inside, plus its draining moves and ingrain and poison point make it a pretty deadly stall-fighter, at least on the 1-player playthrough level. Also bronzor/bronzong, as it seems no matter what I throw at it, it always just has the result of trying to punch a metal shield. Plus, Bronzy the bronzor was always a pain to play against in contests as well.

TyranatarGojira

Toxapex.

It's the definition of "Stop having fun". It's design, it's access to recovery, access to Scald, access to Knock off, access to Toxic, access to Toxic spikes. You can't setup because of Haze. And this m* just doesn't die because of those defenses. I don't like that my Garchomp gets burned by a scald, someone else loses their life orb or whatever.

It's the only Pokemon that makes me go why. Why was it brought to existence. What was the need. I don't care if my Specs Lele can one shot it. I just don't want to fight this thing because it's presence makes me want to type "gg I quit".

It's not even good to look at.
Eh, I'm not that opposed to the design, even if it is a step down from it's Prevo. But I certainly see how it's a obnoxious pokemon to run into in competetive.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I've got a couple. Roselia, mainly because my being a swampert trainer in Sapphire makes any grass type encounter cause me to shudder inside, plus its draining moves and ingrain and poison point make it a pretty deadly stall-fighter, at least on the 1-player playthrough level. Also bronzor/bronzong, as it seems no matter what I throw at it, it always just has the result of trying to punch a metal shield. Plus, Bronzy the bronzor was always a pain to play against in contests as well.

You mean that lady on Route 21 near Fortress City and Scorched Slab in Omega Ruby. I'm glad i used Blaziken. I saw a certain pokemon run with only a Castform. This area constantly rains on the overworld, it can't be stopped by Sunny Day and that Roselia and other grass types are a death sentence and so many retries.

A lot come to mind including

Whitney's Miltank- That thing can ruin a good day because of it's notorious moveset. and Don't try to use status on it because Gamefreak snuck a Lum Berry and it has Scrappy Ability. It's way too good in for a early gym in Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Team Galactic Cyrus- His whole team in platinum, including how often he gets critical hits. His Gyarados knows Ice Fang if you have a Staraptor. His very fast Crobat will use Toxic. and his Weavile is ridiculously fast.

Elesa- Those Volt Switch shenanigans can trip you up if you don't have a Sandile to level up.

Elite 4 Kahili in Ultra Sun- Her Flying type Braviary having Sheer Force and a fleeing move with U-Turn makes this hard hitting eagle unpredictable. Almost underestimated her since i had no electric type.

Totem Marowak Ultra Sun- I kept getting the dances wrong, had to fight more often.

Totem Ribombee- Blissey didn't appear but the Quiver Danceboosts Ribombee gets are absurd in 2 turns. Had to back out and use Toxic on my Mimikyu and basically stall the whole fight out with Max Potions. Then i could beat the others

Last edited:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
You mean that lady on Route 21 near Fortress City and Scorched Slab in Omega Ruby. I'm glad i used Blaziken. I saw a certain pokemon run with only a Castform. This area constantly rains on the overworld, it can't be stopped by Sunny Day and that Roselia and other grass types are a death sentence and so many retries.
I actually haven't played Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. And this post makes me feel lucky for that.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
The only real "oh no" for me is if I'm near a gym in Pokemon Go that I want to take but it's full of Blisseys and Snorlaxes and all of that. I just don't have the frickin hours in the day for that sort of thing!