• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that need a new evolution

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
While Unova introduced us to 150 new pokemon, none of them were new evolutions of a pokemon from a previous generation. Sinnoh gave us a lot of new ones (yanmega, mamoswine, togekiss, gliscor, etc) and many pokes became competitive options through this. Who still needs one though?

Last edited:

Uncle_Starburst

I'll put my vote on the usual Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Delibird, Farfetch'd (yes I know it's supposed to be a joke but I don't care) Sableye and a split pre-evolution for Miltank and Tauros. Truthfully nothing else grabs my attention as needing an evolution that would interest me.

Palkia98

Heracross, that evolution would be amazing

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
shuckle needs 2 evololtions that are steel/bug,so shuckle/its 1st evolution can abuse evolution stone plus gyro ball STAB

Dattebayo

Banned
Pinsir
Farfetch'd
Delibird
Luvdisc
Swoobat
Dunsparce
Sableye
Mawile
Bannette
Jynx

Also, Magmortar proves that even with new evolutions, they'll still fail in competitive battles and will forever be doomed to UU and NU.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
When I saw Bouffalant I was like "YES, TAUROS FINALLY EVOLVES AND GETS AN AFRO."

And then disappointment.

ON topic, I really still want a Dunsparce evolution.

Alex0511

What the FFFNYAAAAH?
Skarmory. Nuff' said.

Vodka Haze

I've always felt Macargo needs an evolution. I've felt the next evolution should be a Fire/Steel type, with a metal shell on its back thats spiked. That would be cool, since I love Macargo.

Whimsicott

I really want to see a Farfetch'd evolution...
the rest are fine I guess.
Maybe one more evolution for Executor :I

Skydra

I'll put my vote on the usual Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Delibird, Farfetch'd (yes I know it's supposed to be a joke but I don't care) Sableye and a split pre-evolution for Miltank and Tauros. Truthfully nothing else grabs my attention as needing an evolution that would interest me.
Sableye's evolution would likely be a little on the too good side, considering its somewhat good even now with its DW ability. Ghost/Dark typing isn't something you should put on a Pokemon with above-average stats.
Heracross, that evolution would be amazing
Heracross is already a good Pokemon, another evolution would be a little on the overpowered side or just have different stat distribution.
shuckle needs 2 evololtions that are steel/bug,so shuckle/its 1st evolution can abuse evolution stone plus gyro ball STAB
Evolution Stone would make Shuckle and whatever it's evolution is broken. It already has the best defense/sp. defense in the game.
Skarmory. Nuff' said.
Skarmory is already good, as said before it would be either too powerful with an evolution or icing (that is well past it's expiration date) on the cake.
Pinsir
Farfetch'd
Delibird
Luvdisc
Swoobat
Dunsparce
Sableye
Mawile
Bannette
Jynx

Also, Magmortar proves that even with new evolutions, they'll still fail in competitive battles and will forever be doomed to UU and NU.

See above for Sableye comment.

Last edited:

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
delibird
dunsparce
lapras (pre)
shuckle (pre)
banette
luvdisc
magcargo
tauros (pre)
miltank (pre)
onix (pre)
and of course, the weakest evolved pokemon (other then shedinja cause of its hp).....swoobat

Skydra

and of course, the weakest evolved pokemon (other then shedinja cause of its hp).....swoobat

Swoobat is by no means the weakest evolved Pokemon, many are worse. Many bug types come to mind, as well as the likes of Watchog, Bibarel, Linoone...

Palkia98

Marowak, it should have like a big kangkaskhan thing with a huge club

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Isn't there already a thread for this?

Anyway, I agree with most of the ones here.

Dattebayo

Banned
Sableye's evolution would likely be a little on the too good side, considering its somewhat good even now with its DW ability. Ghost/Dark typing isn't something you should put on a Pokemon with above-average stats.

Quote from Smogon: "Granted, its movepool hasn't really changed, and despite the kick-assity of its new ability, Sableye just doesn't have the stats to abuse them, and will most likely be standing pretty in the NU/UU tier as it did in the last Generation."

In conclusion, it needs an evolution in order make it to OU.

Evolution Stone would make Shuckle and whatever it's evolution is broken. It already has the best defense/sp. defense in the game.

Even with Evolite Stone, Shuckle's still going to be NU.

Etrigan85

UU/NU Trainer
What about Durant even though that is a new Unova poke, but in my opinion Pinsir and Kangasakhan (pre/evo) and Lapras I mean they are all 1 stage gen 1 pokemon they need to evolve

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Cubone was meant to be Kangaskhan's prevo, but they changed it at the last minute. A baby Kangaskhan would rock! I also though that Durant should have an evo, though I guess that there have to be SOME non-evolving pokemon.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Skarmory is already good, as said before it would be either too powerful with an evolution or icing (that is well past it's expiration date) on the cake.

No, one of the best physical walls in the game who, as of Gen V, can't be killed in one hit, definitely needs an evolution.

CrobatOwns

Back from the dead!
Throh and Sawk need an evolution. Sawk should evolve to Pawnch and Throh should evolve to Shawve

lol