• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that Will/Should Receive Mega Evolutions

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'd love a mega slurpuff, slowbro, butterfree, azumarill

Mega Slowbro already exists but I really do want a Mega Butterfree.

Oh god... Those complex abilities and moves are horrible... I know you want them to be special but man... That is not how pokemon works... Also not everything needs a retyping, breaking staraptor role as a Reckless wallbreaker is also a terrible idea, as that is the thing that set him apart from all the birds.

Those retyping alone made me cringe to be honest... Water fairy milotic and ground ghost martial wich I assume it's a fan fiction fantasy on gen1 plot are just terrible.

If I where to call a mega dragonite I'll proxy capitalize on extreme speed Aerilate as it is stated in its lore that it's a fast swimmer, and break the line from its previous, only retaining key elements as megagross and megatar do.

Wow, way to crush the guy's fun ideas that wouldn't most likely happen anyway.

Missingno.Fan

I want to see all of the starters mega evolve. Also a Mega Rapidash that has wings. It can be Fire/Fairy type with the ability Levitate.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
If I where to call a mega dragonite I'll proxy capitalize on extreme speed Aerilate as it is stated in its lore that it's a fast swimmer, and break the line from its previous, only retaining key elements as megagross and megatar do.
Ah, didn't think about that. Plus, Hyper Beam would become a nuclear bomb, and return to being the mega-uber-move that it used to be in the anime and earlier generations.

Vern

Why not both?
There's also Mega Slowking, Mega Shuckle (sorry), Mega Bisharp, Mega Breloom

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Ah, didn't think about that. Plus, Hyper Beam would become a nuclear bomb, and return to being the mega-uber-move that it used to be in the anime and earlier generations.

Um, no. Hyper Beam would still be outdamaged by 2 consecutive Hyper Voices. Not to mention Dragonite's Attack is significantly higher than his Sp. Atk so Giga Impact would have been more worth a mention (which in turn is outdamaged by Extremespeed, Return, and Double Edge.) Hyper Beam was only ever a viable option when there was a way to bypass its recharge turn.

The problem with Aerialate Mega Dragonite would be differentiating it from Mega Salamence. If anything Mega Dragonite should keep Multiscale.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I wouldn't mind Mega Dragonite with Delta Stream or something very much like it. I get that it's Mega Rayquaza's signature, but Dragonite could take huge advantage of boosts to it's Flying type attacks and Ice type attacks being weakened. And in this case, since Dragonite can't hold an item, it wouldn't be nearly as OP as Rayquaza.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I wouldn't mind Mega Dragonite with Delta Stream or something very much like it. I get that it's Mega Rayquaza's signature, but Dragonite could take huge advantage of boosts to it's Flying type attacks and Ice type attacks being weakened. And in this case, since Dragonite can't hold an item, it wouldn't be nearly as OP as Rayquaza.

How about we change Fog a little bit, making it so that Fog decreases the power of Electric and Ice attacks by 50% and buffs Flying attacks by 50%? This would weaken BoltBeam, and make this a possibility...

Mega Dragonite
Dragon/Flying
Fogbank: Summons the Fog weather condition for 5 turns.
Attack: 154 (+20)
Defence: 130 (+35)
Sp. Atk: 145 (+45)
Sp. Def: 130 (+30)
Speed: 50 (-30)

This would turn Dragonite into a sort of bulky mixed attacker with its own weather condition to support it. Agility and Dragon Dance still exist to patch up his lowered Speed if necessary, and with a noticably buffed Sp. Atk he can abuse powerful Hurricanes, with Fire Blast, Surf, etc. as coverage.

Hi guys ^^

I've got three ideas up my sleeve:

First Mega Flygon:

M-Flygon
Dragon/Bug
80/120/80/120/80/140
Ability: Infestate (Normal-type moves become Bug-type moves.)

I think this would be really good as a mixed attacker, due to its great movepool and such. it's also very fast, outspeeding other megas such as Lopunny and Manectric.
The greatest thing, why I want this to happen so badly, is the Ifestate-boosted STAB bug-type Boomburst, which would be very cool.

Then we have Luxray:

M-Luxray
Electric/Dark
80/150/89/95/89/120
Ability: Strong Jaw

For me, Luxray always seemed like an electric/dark dual-type.
I think it would fit it very well. I gave it the ability strong jaw, because it fits it very well, and it would be the first pokemon, who could use two different STAB moves with strong jaw(looking at tyrantrum an sharpedo), namely crunch and thunder fang (and also bite ;D).
It can also learn the other fangs for coverage (ice fang for those pesky ground-types).
I gave it 30 points in attack, 10 in each defense and 50 in speed. its low speed has been one of its problems, so I tried to make it a lot better. I know a 50 point boost is pretty high, but thinking about it: beedrill got 70 points, and I didn't even lower Luxrays SpA.

And last: Hydreigon

M-Hydreigon
Dark/Dragon
92/105/110/155/110/128
Ability: Heads of the Hydra (Each used Attack hits 5 times, each time for a fifth of the base power)¨

A friend of mine came up with this ability and I really liked it ^^
It would make Hydreigon a bit more interesting, I think. Dark is one of my favourite typings and back in gen5 I was looking forward for a dark/dragon, but I never really liked Hydreigon that much. I think it's probably the design and the ability, which I alwasy thought to be a bit "meh".
I really like the idea of it getting five heads instead of three, making it more hydra-like. It could also break subs and hit he poke after with its ability.

Let me know what you think.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Hi guys ^^

I've got three ideas up my sleeve:

First Mega Flygon:

M-Flygon
Dragon/Bug
80/120/80/120/80/140
Ability: Infestate (Normal-type moves become Bug-type moves.)

I think this would be really good as a mixed attacker, due to its great movepool and such. it's also very fast, outspeeding other megas such as Lopunny and Manectric.
The greatest thing, why I want this to happen so badly, is the Ifestate-boosted STAB bug-type Boomburst, which would be very cool.

Then we have Luxray:

M-Luxray
Electric/Dark
80/150/89/95/89/120

For me, Luxray always seemed like an electric/dark dual-type.
I think it would fit it very well. I gave it the ability strong jaw, because it fits it very well, and it would be the first pokemon, who could use two different STAB moves with strong jaw(looking at tyrantrum an sharpedo), namely crunch and thunder fang (and also bite ;D).
It can also learn the other fangs for coverage (ice fang for those pesky ground-types).
I gave it 30 points in attack, 10 in each defense and 50 in speed. its low speed has been one of its problems, so I tried to make it a lot better. I know a 50 point boost is pretty high, but thinking about it: beedrill got 70 points, and I didn't even lower Luxrays SpA.

And last: Hydreigon

M-Hydreigon
Dark/Dragon
92/105/110/155/110/128
Ability: Heads of the Hydra (Each used Attack hits 5 times, each time for a fifth of the base power)¨

It would make Hydreigon a bit more interesting, I think. Dark is one of my favourite typings and back in gen5 I was looking forward for a dark/dragon, but I never really liked Hydreigon that much. I think it's probably the design and the ability, which I alwasy thought to be a bit "meh".
I really like the idea of it getting five heads instead of three, making it more hydra-like. It could also break subs and hit he poke after with its ability.

Hmm, THAT is actually pretty good! Mega hydreigon would be OP though!

Vern

Why not both?
I'm kinda against inventing new abilities for megas, unless they are integral to the game, but Infestate would be cool. Not sure about hydreigon's, though...

Ascended Dialga

M-Hydreigon
Dark/Dragon
92/105/110/155/110/128

It would make Hydreigon a bit more interesting, I think. Dark is one of my favourite typings and back in gen5 I was looking forward for a dark/dragon, but I never really liked Hydreigon that much. I think it's probably the design and the ability, which I always thought to be a bit "meh".

I like this thing :)

For a while, I've been toying with the notion of giving special moves to Megas. While that may never actually happen, it's fun nonetheless. Here are detailed bios of some of my favorite Mega Evolution concepts from the list that I posted yesterday:

Mega Arcanine
Height: 7’3’’
Weight: 383.5 lbs.
Type: Fire/Dragon
Ability: Flame Body
Special Move: Mystic Speed (Dragon, Physical, 80 Pow, 100 Acc, 5 PP, Has +2 Priority)

HP: 90
Attack: 140 (+30)
Defense: 100 (+15)
Special Attack: 115 (+15)
Special Defense: 100 (+20)
Speed: 115 (+20)
BST: 655 (+100)

Mega Bibarel
Height: 4’7’’
Weight: 139.5 lbs.
Type: Normal/Water
Ability: Workhorse (Powers up HM moves)
Special Move: None

HP: 79
Attack: 120 (+35)
Defense: 70 (+10)
Special Attack: 75 (+20)
Special Defense: 80 (+20)
Speed: 86 (+15)
BST: 510 (+100)

Mega Vespiquen
Height: 5’3’’
Weight: 114.9 lbs
Type: Bug/Flying
Ability: Honey Feed (Restores a small amount of HP every turn as if holding Leftovers)

HP: 70
Attack: 110 (+30)
Defense: 112 (+10)
Special Attack: 110 (+30)
Special Defense: 112 (+10)
Speed: 60 (+20)
BST: 574 (+100)

Mega Luxray (This one is actually very similar to yours, CaptainBluescreen. I totally agree. Electric/Dark and Strong Jaw are great for this guy)
Height: 5’7’’
Weight: 130.6 lbs.
Type: Electric/Dark
Special Move: Volt Crunch (Dark, Physical, 90 Pow, 100 Acc, 15 PP, May lower target’s defense. This move is both Dark and Electric type.)

HP: 80
Attack: 145 (+25)
Defense: 94 (+15)
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 94 (+15)
Speed: 115 (+45)
BST: 623 (+100)

Last edited:

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
Which Pokemon do you think deserve or need mega evolutions? On the other hand, which Pokemon do you think will inevitably receive one in the future?

Personally, I believe Dragonite will inevitably receive one, although I want them to take their time and design it well.

try naming the mega stone :p

anyway vanilluxe is way to weak it needs a mega really

Ascended Dialga

try naming the mega stone :p

anyway vanilluxe is way to weak it needs a mega really

I think Dragonite's Mega Stone could be called either Dragonitite or Draghite, as silly as those may sound

Vanilluxe has a base stat total of 535, so it's not really THAT weak. Here's an idea for a Mega, though:

Mega Vanilluxe
Height: 4’7’’
Weight: 137.9 lbs.
Type: Ice
Ability: Cold Touch (Contact with this Pokémon may freeze)

HP: 71
Attack: 85 (-10)
Defense: 115 (+30)
Special Attack: 150 (+40)
Special Defense: 120 (+25)
Speed: 94 (+15)
BST: 635 (+100)

Ulicies

Mild Monk
People keep on mentioning Mega Dragonite gaining aesthetic qualities from Dragonair, so I thought about giving him the Drizzle ability, since Dragonair can control the weather. Admittedly, it would just turn him into Mega Pidgeot 2.0 with Hurricane spam, but he would also gain 100% accuracy Thunder, with stab Waterfall/water moves if need be.

With a Mega Dragonite like that, I imagined him having:
HP: 91
Atk: 154
Def: 115
SpAtk: 130
SpDef: 120
Speed: 90

Last edited:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
People keep on mentioning Mega Dragonite gaining aesthetic qualities from Dragonair, so I thought about giving him the Drizzle ability, since Dragonair can control the weather. Admittedly, it would just turn him into Mega Pidgeot 2.0 with Hurricane spam, but he would also gain 100% accuracy Thunder, with stab Waterfall/water moves if need be.

With a Mega Dragonite like that, I imagined him having:
HP: 91
Atk: 154
Def: 115
SpAtk: 130
SpDef: 120
Speed: 90

Are you implying that it should also become part Water type? You had mentioned STAB Waterfall in there and I didn't know what you meant by it.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Are you implying that it should also become part Water type? You had mentioned STAB Waterfall in there and I didn't know what you meant by it.
Oh I meant pseudo-stab, since rain weather boosts water moves by 50%. Also, Dragonite can't learn Hydro Pump, so that makes me believe it's less likely to get a secondary Water typing regardless. Plus, it would lose out on its Hurricane stab, which is one of its biggest threats on the Special side.

Anyway, in all likelihood, I would see Mega Dragonite gaining Aerilate out of all possible abilities, to capitalize on its unique Extreme Speed. Extreme Speed with a Flying typing would be incredible, not to mention gaining STAB + 33%. It would contain the same resistances (Rock/Steel), while being able to hit Ghosts, and gaining more Super Effective hits against Grass, Fighting, etc.

Last edited:

Ascended Dialga

Oh I meant pseudo-stab, since rain weather boosts water moves by 50%. Also, Dragonite can't learn Hydro Pump, so that makes me believe it's less likely to get a secondary Water typing regardless. Plus, it would lose out on its Hurricane stab, which is one of its biggest threats on the Special side.

Anyway, in all likelihood, I would see Mega Dragonite gaining Aerilate out of all possible abilities, to capitalize on its unique Extreme Speed. Extreme Speed with a Flying typing would be incredible, not to mention gaining STAB + 33%. It would contain the same resistances (Rock/Steel), while being able to hit Ghosts, and gaining more Super Effective hits against Grass, Fighting, etc.

Alternatively, Mega Dragonite could have a defensive ability along the lines of Multiscale, Dragonite's hidden ability. For a while, I've sat on a Mega Dragonite concept that has a new ability called Antifreeze, which makes it immune to Ice-type moves. I'm having second thoughts on that now, thinking that it might be OP.

Your Drizzle idea is nice flavor-wise. I didn't know Dragonair could control the weather. You even gave a big boost to its special attack to make Hurricane hit even harder, which is great. I think that Mega Dragonite with Aerilate would make it too much like Mega Salamence, though...

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
If arcanine becomes a mega why play, it already has really decent stats, adding it in just makes it demolish a lot of decent tech's and alternative attackers in the game forcing players to make stupid stuff like jellicent useful again (but mega arcanine would look epic, and that's all that matters).

Mega vanilluxe, not sold on the stat distribution but I love the idea.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Since more people have been clamoring about them after ORAS, I'm expecting Flygon and Milotic to happen. Since popularity plays a factor and all that. I wouldn't mind if Mioltic stays as it is, but Mega Flygon could be interesting...Bug/Dragon w/ Sand Rush might be kinda cool off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
If arcanine becomes a mega why play, it already has really decent stats, adding it in just makes it demolish a lot of decent tech's and alternative attackers in the game forcing players to make stupid stuff like jellicent useful again (but mega arcanine would look epic, and that's all that matters).

This post is probably the biggest desecration of logic the competitive Pokemon world has ever seen. Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, and Garchomp all received Megas, and all have higher BSTs than Arcanine, and that's not even counting legendaries like Ray, Diancie, and the Latis.

As far as I'm aware "tech" and "alternate attackers" aren't competitive terms, or really terms for anything concerning Pokemon, and Jellicent was viable due to its good defensive typing and access to things such as Recover and Will-o-Wisp. Not to mention Mega Arcanine could probably muscle past it with Wild Charge, since it can't be Burned and should be able to survive a Scald. Lastly you say it would "demolish"... Well, something, I'm going to guess you were refering to the metagame... But there's a problem. We have no idea what Mega Arcanine's stat spread, ability, etc. would look like, so how could we possibly say that? A lot of people said Mega Garchomp was going to wreck the metagame thanks to standard Garchomp being such a huge threat, but as it turns out the drop in Speed actually makes it arguably less viable.