• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that Will/Should Receive Mega Evolutions

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Which Pokemon do you think deserve or need mega evolutions? On the other hand, which Pokemon do you think will inevitably receive one in the future?

Personally, I believe Dragonite will inevitably receive one, although I want them to take their time and design it well.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Mega Charizard Omega and Alpha, huehuehue. Nah, I'd like to see a Mega Infernape or Mega Weezing.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Mega Charizard Omega and Alpha, huehuehue. Nah, I'd like to see a Mega Infernape or Mega Weezing.
To your point though, since Charizard and Mewtwo have already received a Mega for both X and Y, it could be possible they will both receive a third Mega for whichever third version is released (Z, or X2/Y2).

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'd love for Jynx to have one.

The only thing keeping it from being a powerhouse is its poor Defense. A mega evolution will take care of that easily.

Vern

Why not both?
Mega Flygon. Mega Arcanine. Mega Luxray. Mega Mightyena. Mega Shiftry. Mega Ludicolo.

Mega Flygon. Mega Arcanine. Mega Luxray. Mega Mightyena. Mega Shiftry. Mega Ludicolo.

Anything but Mightyena, Arcanine, and Ninetales!

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
I'd love a mega slurpuff, slowbro, butterfree, azumarill

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
I'd love to see Mew get a Mega Evolution, just for the purpose of having him face off against Mega Mewtwo (X or Y).
I'd love for Jynx to have one.

The only thing keeping it from being a powerhouse is its poor Defense. A mega evolution will take care of that easily.

It would be pretty cool if they made Jynx's mega evolution really beautiful, as opposed to its unattractiveness.

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
Mega Arceus. Huehuehue...I'm only kidding.

I'd love to see mega shiftry, mega blissey, mega Togekiss, mega bisharp, mega meganium, and mega magmortar, personally. Also.. Mega xatu/siygiliph would be pretty cool too.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'd love to see Mew get a Mega Evolution, just for the purpose of having him face off against Mega Mewtwo (X or Y).

It would be pretty cool if they made Jynx's mega evolution really beautiful, as opposed to its unattractiveness.

I actually find Jynx's current appearance to be very beautiful, though I miss the all-black skin.

To be honest, I think her mega evolution should further resemble Yama-uba, the demon Jynx is based on.

Last edited:

Ascended Dialga

Here are my ideas:

- Mega Sandslash has the Grindstone ability, which raises its attack by one stage whenever it successfully uses a cutting or slashing move.

- Mega Ninetales is Fire/Ghost type. It has the Dazzle ability, which lowers the opposing Pokémon’s special attack by one stage (basically Intimidate for special attack). Flamethrower becomes Fox Fire, which is the same as Flamethrower, except it is both Fire and Ghost type (like how Hawlucha’s Flying Press is both Fighting and Flying type) and it may also confuse the target. For aesthetic appeal, the Fox Fire move icon blazes with purplish-black flames.

- Mega Arcanine is Fire/Dragon type and has the Flame Body ability. Extreme Speed becomes Mystic Speed, which is a Dragon type version of Extreme Speed. The Mystic Speed move icon blazes with deep green flames.

- Mega Marowak is Ground/Ghost type and has the Bone Lore ability, which increases the power of Bone Club and Bonemerang, and guarantees Bone Rush to hit 5 times.

- Mega Lapras has significantly boosted defense and special attack. It has the Drizzle ability.

- Mega Dragonite has some cosmetic features that reflect Dratini and Dragonair, while retaining the key features that make it recognizable as Dragonite. It has the Antifreeze ability, giving it immunity to Ice-type moves (I've stuck with this idea for a long time, but lately I've been thinking that it might be too OP. What do you think?).

- Mega Flygon has the Tinted Lens ability. Earthquake becomes Dragonquake, which is the same as Earthquake, except it is both Ground and Dragon type and it has a 10% chance of paralyzing those who are hit. The Dragonquake move icon has a scaly texture and it blazes with deep green flames.

- Mega Milotic is Water/Fairy type and has the Multiscale ability. Recover becomes Mystic Healing, which is Fairy-type and has the same effect as Recover, except it also randomly raises defense or special defense by one stage. The Mystic Healing move icon sparkles.

- Mega Tropius has the Solar Shield ability, which raises defensive stats in sunlight.

- Mega Bibarel has the Workhorse ability, which increases the power of HM moves.

- Mega Staraptor is Fighting/Flying type, thus getting a STAB with Close Combat. It has the Moxie ability.

- Mega Vespiquen has the Honey Feed ability, which restores a small amount of HP every turn as though the Pokémon were holding Leftovers. Its defense and special defense are drastically boosted.

- Mega Luxray is Electric/Dark type and has the Strong Jaw ability. Crunch becomes Volt Crunch, which is the same as Crunch, except it is both Dark and Electric type and it has a 10% chance of causing paralysis. For aesthetic appeal, the Volt Crunch move icon crackles with dark purple electricity.

- Mega Chatot has the Sonic Mastery ability, which increases the power and accuracy of its sound-based moves and makes Chatot immune to such moves.

Last edited:

pokemonmaster99325

pokemon master!!!!
The other starter Pokemon should get mega evolution and also the bird Pokemon of each gen should too, not just Pidgeot. Also the evolved forms of the rodent Pokemon in each gen like a mega Raticate? Other ideas: Flygon, Butterfree, Snorlax, Dragonite, Lapras, Luxray, Ninetales, Milotic, Arcanine, Tropius and Raichu!!!

raichu27

I think I would like to see a mega evolution for Electivire(Electric/Fighting), Luxray(Electric/Dark), Mightyena, Weezing, Raikou, Sandslash, and to name a few...

fitzy909

Just another guy
Mega Electivire (Electric/Fighting), so also mega Magmortar (Fire/dark?). Mega dragonite (same type) and Mega Ludicolo, because wynaut? (yay for pokepuns)

trunks40

Up-and-coming Champ
Mega Luxray
Mega Flygon
Mega Hydreigon
Mega Starters
Mega Moltres (or some new form....i hate it's design)

TheMaster327

Mega Sudowoodo should be Rock/Grass, as it has perfected it's tree mimicry. It's ability should be something that allows it to Mimic a move from the opponent, but add it as a fifth move for as long as Mega Sudowoodo is in play.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Here are my ideas:

- Mega Sandslash has the Grindstone ability, which raises its attack by one stage whenever it successfully uses a cutting or slashing move.

- Mega Ninetales is Fire/Ghost type. It has the Dazzle ability, which lowers the opposing Pokémon’s special attack by one stage (basically Intimidate for special attack). Flamethrower becomes Fox Fire, which is the same as Flamethrower, except it is both Fire and Ghost type (like how Hawlucha’s Flying Press is both Fighting and Flying type) and it may also confuse the target. For aesthetic appeal, the Fox Fire move icon blazes with purplish-black flames.

- Mega Arcanine is Fire/Dragon type and has the Flame Body ability. Extreme Speed becomes Mystic Speed, which is a Dragon type version of Extreme Speed. The Mystic Speed move icon blazes with deep green flames.

- Mega Marowak is Ground/Ghost type and has the Bone Lore ability, which increases the power of Bone Club and Bonemerang, and guarantees Bone Rush to hit 5 times.

- Mega Lapras has significantly boosted defense and special attack. It has the Drizzle ability.

- Mega Dragonite has some cosmetic features that reflect Dratini and Dragonair, while retaining the key features that make it recognizable as Dragonite. It has the Antifreeze ability, giving it immunity to Ice-type moves (I've stuck with this idea for a long time, but lately I've been thinking that it might be too OP. What do you think?).

- Mega Flygon has the Tinted Lens ability. Earthquake becomes Dragonquake, which is the same as Earthquake, except it is both Ground and Dragon type and it has a 10% chance of paralyzing those who are hit. The Dragonquake move icon has a scaly texture and it blazes with deep green flames.

- Mega Milotic is Water/Fairy type and has the Multiscale ability. Recover becomes Mystic Healing, which is Fairy-type and has the same effect as Recover, except it also randomly raises defense or special defense by one stage. The Mystic Healing move icon sparkles.

- Mega Tropius has the Solar Shield ability, which raises defensive stats in sunlight.

- Mega Bibarel has the Workhorse ability, which increases the power of HM moves.

- Mega Staraptor is Fighting/Flying type, thus getting a STAB with Close Combat. It has the Moxie ability.

- Mega Vespiquen has the Honey Feed ability, which restores a small amount of HP every turn as though the Pokémon were holding Leftovers. Its defense and special defense are drastically boosted.

- Mega Luxray is Electric/Dark type and has the Strong Jaw ability. Crunch becomes Volt Crunch, which is the same as Crunch, except it is both Dark and Electric type and it has a 10% chance of causing paralysis. For aesthetic appeal, the Volt Crunch move icon crackles with dark purple electricity.

- Mega Chatot has the Sonic Mastery ability, which increases the power and accuracy of its sound-based moves and makes Chatot immune to such moves.

Oh god... Those complex abilities and moves are horrible... I know you want them to be special but man... That is not how pokemon works... Also not everything needs a retyping, breaking staraptor role as a Reckless wallbreaker is also a terrible idea, as that is the thing that set him apart from all the birds.

Those retyping alone made me cringe to be honest... Water fairy milotic and ground ghost martial wich I assume it's a fan fiction fantasy on gen1 plot are just terrible.

If I where to call a mega dragonite I'll proxy capitalize on extreme speed Aerilate as it is stated in its lore that it's a fast swimmer, and break the line from its previous, only retaining key elements as megagross and megatar do.