• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that you cherish

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Do you have a Pokemon in any of your games that you really like?
Perhaps it was a rare shiny that you came across. Maybe it was one that helped you beat the Elite 4 10 years ago.
Whatever it is, share it here.

One of the Pokemon I cherish is a Conkeldurr that I caught with the scholarly mark.
I named it Vitrivius after one of the scholars that first documented the use of cement in Roman times.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Cool idea for a thread. :)

I used to have a shiny Pidgeot in my old Silver version that I loved.

I really love my starter, Frank Drebin the Intelleon and Bacon the Centiskorch in Pokemon Shield.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I still have my Sinnoh team, which was my first Pokémon game. I know my first team isn’t original but I still can think about when I caught each of them, the battles I had to strategize against, and just how much fun it was to explore Sinnoh. It’s a tradition for me to keep my final 6 in a box as a “Hall of Fame” so I can remember all my teams

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
My Typhlosion & my Togetic (HATCHEY) in Gold (sadly the game cartridge was lost over the years). Typhlosion was my first Pokemon, and I used Togetic to create an army of Level 5 Togepi with Psychic.
My Hydreigon in White. She was my first level 100 Pokemon (Typhlosion only got to 99 before the cartridge got lost), and one of the very few I nicknamed (Hydra. Creative, right?).
My Floette in Y. I babied her in Amie and relied on her more than any of my other Pokemon. Gave her the Eviolite and never evolved her.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In my Ruby game, I have a Shiny Wingull I’m using in my play through as it was my very first wild Pokémon encounter after I started a new game. I’m also quite fond of my Shiny Vaniluxe which I caught as a Vanilite.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That is kind obvious since that's me but it's the Chespin I hatched on Y. He has perfect IVs, HA and I managed to put most of the obtainable ribbons on him. I think I'm only missing the super tier Battle Tree and the Battle Royal ones. Not sure if I'll put effort on them since Dexit screwed my chances of giving him the Gen 8 ribbons :(

I also got a Gen IV Dragonite (I think it's the Extreme Speed one from Soul Silver) that has the legend and all champion ribbons from Gens 4, 6 and 7 (5 doesn't have it). Still need to find him and export him in case Dragonite comes back. Gotta add the Galar Champion ribbon!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Feel free to post here as often as you like (within forum rules).

I had a Gengar in Moon, and when I unlocked the IV checker, I realized it's stats were horrible.
I raised it to level 100, which is something I rarely do, and I gave it a Gold Bottle Cap.

Speaking of Pokemon Moon, I wasn't quite used to Incineroar's design yet, so I named my Little "Pyromidnight", after my cat, Midnight.
Since then, my cat has disappeared and likely passed away, so Pyromidnight remains somewhat precious to me.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
To this day, I still love my Tyrannitar that I caught and purified in Coliseum. Used her to great effect in the 10th anniversary competition they had at malls. Nobody expected me to use Special attacks with her, so when they switched in I could take them out with Ice Beam and/or flamethrower :D Also, my shiny gengar. He's the first shiny pokemon I ever actually caught, done while playing Leaf Green, despite having played from Red onward.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
At the moment I'm cherishing the playthrough teams from Sword and Shield, one team from Shield and two from Sword (one with the Isle of Armour), a total of 21 Pokemon. I'm also keeping hold of a Dracozolt and Arctovish from an old Sword playthrough, because getting the right combinaton of fossils to make them was ridiculously hard work, so I feel as if I should hold on to both of them. For Shinies, I'm cherishing a Shiny Quagsire I caught in Sword, so far the only Shiny I've ever encountered in Generation 8 (Shiny Zeraora doesn't count).

My Armaldo, which is my favorite pokemon. It's still the very same one I revived during my first playthrough of Sapphire and has been a mainstay in my team ever since. Eventually maxed its IV's with bottle caps and changed its movepool over the years but yeah, it's still the same mon. Got a shiny Armaldo in the meantime too but I always use my old one instead.

Feraligatr is a close second. Caught her in Colosseum where she was my main along a Misdreavus, then sent her to Emerald and she's still part of my pre-gen 8 team.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
157.png
182.png
125.png
430.png
197.png
186.png

So this is my HeartGold team that I used about 7-8 years ago who unfortunately no longer exist since I transferred them to Black and then lost the cartridge. Out of all the teams I've played Pokemon with (and there are many) this one stuck out the most for me, even now. They had unique nicknames and represented a time when I didn't over-plan everything and was able to go with the flow and use stuff I didn't intend! For example, I wanted Vileplume over Bellossom but figured I'd evolve it to see how it looked and then not save and do it again. I saved after I evolved it so kept Bellossom around. Politoed was never meant to be my sixth team member but it just sort-of fit and ended up wrecking Lance for me. It was a lot of fun. It features some old favourites (the Elekid line is my favourite, but I do love Honchkrow and Umbreon too) and made some more random choices (Bellossom and Politoed) quite beloved in my eyes. Never had a team like it.