• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that you cherish

OwensJB

Some of my shinies from Diamond are my most cherished Pokemon because of how long it took to find them with the Poke Radar.

Some of my other cherished Pokemon include my Pikachu colored Pichu in Soul Silver and my shiny Genesect in Black 2.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well, if it's shiny Pokemon we're on about now, then I would have to, once again, brag about my shiny Registeel that I got while not even hunting for it.

I own a fair amount of shinies, and I also like the two Adamant Golem I caught as Geodude, as well as many others.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
As a species in general, that would be Omanyte and Omastar. They were the first two Pokémo after Pikachu I recognized and the featured Pokémon in the first episode of the anime I saw. That was when I saw the care put into the character design, a care that has never wavered since.

As specific Pokémon though, they would be Post and Negan, a Plusle and a Minun I trained for online battling starting in Generation IV. For being my first serious foray into double battling, they held up incredibly well. I realized it's because I understood team synergy at a time when people were just plugging their single battling teams into double battling thinking they'd be exactly the same. Even if Plusle and Minun were available today, Post and Negan themselves would be severely outclassed by power creep though, especially as their then-signature gimmick of Plus and Minus have since been used on other Pokémon.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Pikachu for being the most adorable kicka** mascot

lucario cos korrina will always mean a lot to me :)

missingno for interesting nostalgia

....a part of me wants to mention duraludon for the sake that it may be a sign of my having to brave all kinds of scary s*it in this world like a true magical girl :)

even though I also wish duraludon would go away of course o-o only natural...

PageEmperor

Every Nidoking I’ve used in a nuzrun this year. It has an incredulously good movepool, really good stats to work with it, and is just so useful overall. Unless it has a special attack reducing nature or something, I always teach them Ice beam because Ice/Ground covereage is outstanding, especially when the only type that can’t be hit by Ground is weak to Ice.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
Goodness, where do I start?

- My in-game teams. All of them. I had transferred five of them to Ultra Sun where they currently reside (LeafGreen/Platinum/Black/HeartGold/Sapphire). I refuse to transfer any of them to Sword because due to not every Pokémon being in SWSH, the teams would possibly get broken up.

- I have a few shinies that I caught way back in the Gen III games that I still have now. One is a shiny Fearow that I caught as a Spearow way back when, and the other is a shiny Tauros that I caught in the Safari Zone in FireRed. Those two were amongst my first ever shinies, so obviously they're very dear to me.

- My first ever Pokémon, an Infernape named 'RAFIKI'. Yes, in all caps. He's been through many generations, but because he can't go to Galar he's enjoying retirement in Alola. Same goes for another Pokémon I've had since my noob days, a Blastoise named 'SQUIRT' that I've decided to not send over to SWSH.

Of course I have many others, but I think I listed enough.

Ultra Beast Lover

The Totodile line is my favorite of Gen 2, I solo'd the main game with just my starter back when I thought that that was what you were supposed to do. That was also the start of my love of the water type. Though, I wonder, if I had known better, could I have solo'd the postgame? I thought the end of the game was the E4 and there was no postgame because most of my games back then didn't have a postgame and I could never beat Giovanni's gym with just my Pikachu. Crustle and Swoobat also bring good memories though I'll never use them in another serious playthrough, saved me in my first playthrough of B2W2 when I was almost defeated in the mandated PWC, naturally I rewarded them by keeping them around and they did pretty well.

Also, Zoroark, I heard about how tough Ultra Necrozma was and my team wasn't exactly well trained back then so I knew it'd be an impossible struggle. My original plan was to have Mimikyu use toxic and just try to survive until it fainted. Well, as expected, Mimikyu fainted, I sent out Zoroark next to do some chip damage and, not even at half health, Zoroark knocks Necrozma out in one hit. Now in my playthroughs of USUM I just start with Zoroark.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I remember in Pokemon Y picking Charmander and naming it "Pleth" after the plethodontidae salamanders.

I remember in that instance of the game where I was in the desert route, and I was trying to fully evolve it so I can make it use Fly.

In the same game, I had an Aerodactyl for the Elite 4 I rather liked, and I also had a Magnezone that I picked specifically as a Mega-Gardevoir counter.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I really like this idea I had for a thread, so I'll nudge it a bit.

Throughout my time with Pokemon, I've had a lot of Politoed (it was my favorite Pokemon for the longest time).
One, I had in Colosseum that I transferred when I could, and I used it at Mt. Battle to gain Ho-oh.
Another one is in my Pearl game and is "Often lost in Thought", which is my favorite characteristic text.

I also had a Seismitoad with meh stats that helped immensly in my Pokemon Shield playthrough.

I also transferred a Corsola from Pokemon Silver (or Crystal) over to Shield that has amazing stats and is Calm.

NeedsAName

Valerie þe Gardevoir in Alpha Sapphire. It led to a bunch of contest wins and was a great special attacker, being my highest leveled 'mon on my team from Fortree until over a hundred game hours later when I accidentally lost all my save data.

Also Cha þe Hawlucha in Ultra Moon, being þe unchallenged powerhouse in my team þrough half þe trials and þe Elite Four. It helped catch over 100 Pokémon wiþ False Swipe and is also þe only Pokémon I've ever gotten to Level 100, growing 92 levels from when I got it in þat Pokécenter trade on Route 2!

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
I’ve got quite a few of them, but I’m particularly fond of my Lucario, Ol’Blue and Charizard Flamestryke. I’ve had them both since X/Y and have been brought into every game since, once I had the badges to control them. I used Ol’Blue at the Battle Tower tonight...I love my boys. We’ve got a lot of history together.

I got a shiney 5 IV Charmander in Shield. I’ve EV trained him, fed mushroom stew for GMax, Maxed the Dynamax levels, and he’s finished at 100 and named Darkfyre. Been using him ALOT as his Flamethrower is just sick. Several times he’s dropped a Raid on the first hit. Kinda felt bad for the kind folks who joined my raid but didn’t get to do anything, but I was laughing so hard it didn’t sink in right away. I think Darkfyre will join Ol’Blue and Flamestryke in my preferred inner circle.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Burner.

My childhood Charizard.

Makes me miss Fire Spin's broken days.

Ultra Beast Lover

Can't forget Chimchar, I love evolving it into a Monferno right before the first gym and demolishing everyone with just my Infernape and later Palkia. That's right, in Pearl... I am Trollbiase!

Oh and the Oshawott line. Funny story, I played through Black with Tepig because I knew it'd be a fire/fighting type and thought it'd be good, my plan was to give it Ariel Ace... Emboar couldn't learn Ariel Ace... I struggled through so much of the game still going solo and it couldn't learn my winning fire/fighting strategy. On my second playthrough I used Oshawott, immediate improvement, didn't even struggle much past the first few gyms. Can't say the same for the second game, the E4 is hard there without a team.

Mudkip and Torchic are a tie for me when it comes to Hoenn. They're both fantastic starters. Meloetta also brings about some good memories, mostly from the anime, though there was the theory that the girl who plays the flute in the train town is a Meloetta.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I really like my team from Black/White. Once I was able I rebred my in game team, and destroyed everything in the late and post game. I was able to transfer my Vaporeon, Togekiss and Tranquail when home came out, Dragonite, Caracoasta and Krookadile just recently made it as well... I'm just waiting for a game where Embor and Eelectross can be reunited with their teammates.