• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that you like but you don't like what they are based on

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I mean a phenomenon I've noticed with myself. I can't be the only one, so I'll say what I mean.

For instance, I DO NOT LIKE dogs in the least little bit...but I like Smeargle and the Lucario line (though Lucario is more of a Jackal--seems to be Anubis).

I don't like birds, yet I like the legendary trio of Kanto.

You could also do the inverse:

I loooooove cats, but I don't like the cat pokemon.

I like Fish, but I don't like fish pokemon.

I like frogs, but I only like Croagunk.

I love bats--can't say that about the Zubat and Swoobat lines.

Love bunnies, don't like the bunny pokemon (Though a male buneary holds a special place in my heart. Reminds me of my old bunny buddy Winston).

Love turtles, don't like the turtles (outside of squirtle).

Love bugs, but not bug pokemon (outside of Scyther).

What about you? Are there any pokemon you like, but don't like what they are based on, or vise-versa?

pseudoman

I like heatran, but i dont know what its based on.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I'm not fond of amphibians, in fact I'm frightened s***less by 'em! However I am not above using Poliwrath or Seisemitoad in-game.

Last edited:

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Galvantula is one of my fave pokemon but I can't even stand to look at a Tarantula.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
It's usually the other way around for me. I like a pokemon because I like what it's based on. A while ago, I used to just forget about Cradily because it just looked like some weird alien thing with no premise. When I read the Bulbapedia article on crinoids, I was amazed that Cradily could be based on some obscure prehistoric beast. Now I love it.

~Lati~

Or not :/
It's usually the other way around for me. I like a pokemon because I like what it's based on. A while ago, I used to just forget about Cradily because it just looked like some weird alien thing with no premise. When I read the Bulbapedia article on crinoids, I was amazed that Cradily could be based on some obscure prehistoric beast. Now I love it.

Yeah, there are a lot of Pokemon based on surprisingly obscure creatures. Especially in the later generations.