1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon that you want to see more in the spotlight?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by shoz999, Feb 1, 2020.

1. shoz999

shoz999 The goofiest-looking dog I've ever seen. I LUV IT!

Basically Pokemon that you feel needs more attention.

[​IMG]

I'll start off with a Pokemon that is surprisingly more well-known in the Pokemon Adventures manga then it is in the anime. That Pokemon is Typhlosion. I think what's interesting is that the people who are discussing about Typhlosion from the Pokemon Adventures manga aren't mostly these long-time manga readers, they're mostly anime fans from YouTubers to just ordinary people in the comments. So why is Typhlosion of the anime rarely brought up in discussions about Typhlosion?

I think the biggest reason for this is the fact that the anime hasn't really given a lot of attention to Typhlosion and the one time they did has gone under the radar for most Pokemon fans. Typhlosion's only biggest role in the anime is in a sidestory special called "The Legend of Thunder" which didn't get an English release until Gen 3. The other reason is that in the main anime series itself starring Ash Ketchum, Typhlosion's role in the anime is practically non-existent which is honestly kind of surprising if you think about it because the Typhlosion evolution line is seen as the most popular of the Gen 2 starter evolution lines.

With that being said as a Pokemon Adventures fan, it's nice that this is one way the manga is getting attention, through Pokemon that the anime never really touched on that much. On the other hand as an Pokemon Anime fan, Typhlosion is my favorite Fire-Type Pokemon and my favorite Gen 2 starter Pokemon. So it's kind of annoying that the anime has given Typhlosion the least amount of attention out of all the final evolution of the Fire starters and perhaps even just Fire-Type Pokemon in-general.

2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ In the name of the Moon

Ash's Snivy, Corphish and Squirtle

3. SerenaRulez

SerenaRulez Well-Known Member

Croconaw because it seems like we've only seen a few. Ash's Totodile should return and evolve into one to solve that problem.

4. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

The Johto starter evolutions not named Bayleef and Meganium, they didn't get enough justice in the Johto era and hardly ever show up. I'd like to see Ash's Quilava return and get more spotlight, maybe even evolve! Totodile definitely needs to evolve in general, he deserves it.
    Marshtomp and Swampert, they got absolute jack in XY and got treated terribly in AG too.
    Chesnaught, see above.
    Zekrom, it didn't get the anime spotlight it needed. Same with Yveltal
    Luxray
    Volcarona's line, Alder owning a Bouffalant is fine but they shouldn't have outright cut Volcarona from his squad like that. Cynthia and Lance owned multiple Pokemon and it worked out okay!
    Primeape, bring back Ash's. 'Nuff said

5. shoz999

shoz999 The goofiest-looking dog I've ever seen. I LUV IT!

I don't think they ever mentioned this in the anime but the reason why Alder went on a long journey was because of his depression over the death of his Pokemon, Volcarona which is mentioned in both the games and manga. The manga I think is pretty interesting because whereas Alder in the games got another Volcarona, Alder in the manga never got another one. Instead his grandson, Benga gets a Larvesta which eventually evolves into Volcarona, a sort of successor to Alder's deceased partner. In my opinion, that would be a great way to introduce Volcarona into the anime, as a sort of successor to Alder's deceased Pokemon through his grandson. It's also a great way to introduced Benga in the anime.

SerenaRulez, BabaVanga and Leonhart like this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Yungerer hasn't appeared in a long time. I realize why that is, but I still think it's a letdown that we likely won't see one in the anime ever again. Same goes for Porygon and its evolved forms. Out of Satoshi's Pokemon, I wish that Heracross had been on Satoshi's Jouto team longer.

mehmeh1 and shoz999 like this.
  7. Ryu Taylor

Ryu Taylor Unwavering beliefs

The SM saga could've use an episode devoted to Salazzle. Poor thing got cheated.

SerenaRulez, shoz999, mehmeh1 and 3 others like this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I definitely agree. In fact, I wanted Musashi to capture one since it looked like the kind of Pokemon she would have on her team given its Poison-type characteristics.

mehmeh1, Ryu Taylor and shoz999 like this.
  9. juiccbox

juiccbox Idiot Extraordinaire

I cannot stress this enough

GIVE MY BOY PORYGON SOME JUSTICE

10. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

The Porygon line deserves to be shown in full and not as cameos. The seizure incident wasn’t even Porygon’s fault!

11. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

Porygon as others have said. I know that Porygon is controversial for what happened in the seizure episode but c'mon, it's been over 20 years and the flashing lights weren't even Porygon's fault ffs.

LilligantLewis and shoz999 like this.
  12. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix #ChespinGang

Chespin. Even though we got basically two (Mairin's kind of counts) the poor thing was completly robbed. Not give it to Ash was one of XY's biggest mistakes. I'd much rather Ash's Kalos team had an unevolved Chespin than how boring the team looking with 3 birds (and I say that even if I'm a big fan Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern). I can only pray that they'll make Chespin some justice in the current series

Specially that Dragonite opened the way for Ash getting older gen pokémon

Completly agreed.

Ubermuk, BabaVanga and shoz999 like this.
  13. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

I think that Ash’s Kingler needs to return to be a part of his main team this Gen. It has a Gigantamax form now and Ash using it would make it relevant again. It barely got any air time in the OS and still is shoved to the side for other Pokémon.

LilligantLewis, Leonhart and shoz999 like this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Kingler has always seemed like one of those Pokemon that Satoshi never made much use of. I liked how it did well at the first Pokemon League, but after that it didn't really shine since it lost to Kasumi's Koduck at the Whirlpool Cup tournament, then it was left out of the Silver Conference.

shoz999 likes this.
  15. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hello again."

Lucario.

...But only outside of any character that legally owns it in the games and isn't given to others in the anime's main cast. Maybe then the canine won't get a 5-episode arc.

Also, the cuteness that is Riolu must be exploited.

mehmeh1 and shoz999 like this.
  16. AznKei

AznKei Team girls in Trials Of Mana FTW! XD

Probably any Pokemons that got controversies since their debuts like the Porygon line.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  17. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Other than the Porygon line, Rougela, and Yungerer, I can't think of that many other species whose controversy affected their anime screen-time, although I suppose that Nagetukesaru might come close because of the "blackface" episode from SM.

SerenaRulez, AznKei and shoz999 like this.
  18. Snupiks

Snupiks Well-Known Member

Porygon.

Leonhart likes this.
  19. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: A Hangry Return

If children don't remember Ash's reserves they don't remember what happened with Porygon too

SerenaRulez likes this.
  20. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hello again."

But the affected children who became parents and had children do.

Bortgreen and Spider-Phoenix like this.