• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that you want to see more in the spotlight?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Not unless they want lawsuits for those affected children from the past to act up.
They should sue Pikachu instead. It was the one who blew up the missiles causing the seizure explosion.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
They should sue Pikachu instead. It was the one who blew up the missiles causing the seizure explosion.
It's all propaganda to cover up pikachu's crimes and blame it on poor porygon. That rat got a special episode (Pikachu's goodbye) made for it to revitalise it's popularity while porygon got shafted.

Although I don't think anything actually prevents them from using it since porygon2 and porygonZ did make cameos, I really wanna see an episode about how porygon2 goes haywire turning into porygonZ

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
It's all propaganda to cover up pikachu's crimes and blame it on poor porygon. That rat got a special episode (Pikachu's goodbye) made for it to revitalise it's popularity while porygon got shafted.

I absolutely loathed EP039 because of how blatant it felt in terms of promoting Pikachu and showing him in a better light right after the hiatus. It was also a sappy sort of episode, and I dislike episodes like that. It's why I consider Butterfree's farewell episode to be one of the worst Kanto episodes as well.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I absolutely loathed EP039 because of how blatant it felt in terms of promoting Pikachu and showing him in a better light right after the hiatus. It was also a sappy sort of episode, and I dislike episodes like that. It's why I consider Butterfree's farewell episode to be one of the worst Kanto episodes as well.

As much as the blatant propaganda sucks, I just can't bring myself to hate that episode. It's just so adorable for me and that song in the end in the English version is very dear to me. I like Pikachu but I really want porygon to get justice and be brought back. It's a cool concept for a pokemon

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Most of the controversial Pokemons like the Porygon line. The directors and the fans need to get over the backlash from the past.

I don't think fans are the problem because I bet any that were personally affected by the seizure scene prolly don't watch the show anymore anyways.

But I don't think we should take that seizure crisis lightly so I think it's better if Porygon stays forgotten even if it wasn't the one who caused the flashing colors.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I personally feel that the Porygon line is bland, and it was only the seizure incident in EP038 that made that evolutionary family into a novelty. But if we view the species outside of that lens, there's nothing really that remarkable about them, and I can't say that them appearing in the future would improve my opinion of them. That said, there's little chance that they'll be reintroduced in the main series: much like the GS Ball, the writers seem to want viewers to forget about Porygon and its evolved forms, at least as far as the main anime is concerned.

Shuriken Throw

I think the reason why Korrina’s Lucario should get another focus episode or two is because her Lucario is super strong and has the ability to help train with Ash’s Riolu, then have another battle with Ash Ketchum. Plus, who doesn’t think Lucario is epic?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think the reason why Korrina’s Lucario should get another focus episode or two is because her Lucario is super strong and has the ability to help train with Ash’s Riolu, then have another battle with Ash Ketchum. Plus, who doesn’t think Lucario is epic?
Dude, I like Lucario, but she has to back off. The whole reason she's even higher authority is because of Ash helping her out, and this guy has aura powers (...apparently).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Shuriken Throw said:
Plus, who doesn’t think Lucario is epic?

Those of us who are sick of Lucario being shoehorned into the anime. I've said this many times before every time you've brought up the idea of Corni appearing again, but I still don't see the benefit of her appearing if the only excuse is that her Lucario might help train Satoshi's Riolu, which is a rather flimsy justification anyway since Satoshi's been training his Riolu just fine on his own.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Lucario has played a major role in the anime in 6 out of the 8 generations of Pokémon, going back to even before it was in the games. It's just ridiculous.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
To be honest. I am tired of seeing Lucario in the spotlight. It's not just the anime. The games, the manga, the TCG, pretty much every medium you can think of has almost always shoehorn Lucario. For example, there are literally 37 different cards of Lucario in the TCG since it's debut. Guess how many cards Charizard has been featured in since Gen 1? 38. THIRTY EIGHT! It's kind of hilarious actually looking at the numbers. Lucario's fanservice is almost as bad as Charizard's. I know many of you want more Lucario, but there are so many other underrated Pokemon to choose from.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
sobble please , after his catching nothing interesting happened to him at the moment

Shuriken Throw

Okay, how about Ash’s Greninja. It had such good development and could at least visit him from time to time. Greninja has so much development, only to just be left in Kalos for a weak and rushed reason. Greninja returning would work well in Pokemon Journeys. Especially since the Ash Greninja translation has played a big part in the Alola games and been used in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
Plus, doesn’t think Greninja is epic?

nickdt

All the Galar Pokemon. Its ridiculous we are 31 episodes in and we have only seen Nickit, Scorbunny/Raboot, Sobble, Morpeko, Duraludon, Shewtle, Drednaw, Skwovet and Silicobra (Background cameo's don't count).

Flashyspark

Heliolisk was owned by Clemont but he never had it on his main roster when he was traveling with Ash so I hope a future character will own one and give it more exposure

Leonhart

Imagineer
Flashyspark said:
Heliolisk was owned by Clemont but he never had it on his main roster when he was traveling with Ash so I hope a future character will own one and give it more exposure

A lot of people expect to see Matis appear in-the-flesh later in Pocket Monsters 2019, and I figure that if that happens he could have an Elezard among other Electric-types. Anything's better than him using an overexposed Gen I Electric-type like Raichu again or Eleboo.