• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon that you want to see more in the spotlight?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
Porygon can be seen in the background to the beginning of the second movie during the urban scene behind a chain link fence.

I've always wondered why the ban apparently doesn't extend to the movies, although in the case of that urban scene that you mentioned, it's sort of amusing that Porygon was behind a chain link fence, almost as a reference to it being literally barred from the main anime after the seizure incident.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Qwilfish. I've always thought it was cool-looking Pokemon from Gen 2. Gen 2 had a lot of cool water-types in my opinion.
Qwilfish is my second favorite Pokémon, behind Weezing. Poor thing never got much attention or screentime. I've often joked that Dawn's Piplup got more screentime in two episodes than Qwilfish as a species ever got. I'd like to see Qwilfish get more focus.

Basculin, too. I wish Cilan could've kept the one he caught.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
When was the last time Cleffa made an appearance? I know there was that one Johto episode that had the return of the spaceship Clefairy but after that I don’t recall ever seeing it again. Chingling is another Baby that needs more attention. Chimecho is an interesting Pokémon and a living jingle bell is such a clever and adorable concept and its appearance makes it vastly different from the only other living bell Pokémon Bronzong. In fact all of the Baby Pokémon other than Bonsly, Mime Jr, Munchlax, Pichu, Rilou, and Togepi deserve some more episodes highlighting them.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Qwilfish is my second favorite Pokémon, behind Weezing. Poor thing never got much attention or screentime. I've often joked that Dawn's Piplup got more screentime in two episodes than Qwilfish as a species ever got. I'd like to see Qwilfish get more focus.

Basculin, too. I wish Cilan could've kept the one he caught.

Qwilfish is awesome and it sucks that it hardly appears and has been underrepresented but that also applies to alot of fish Pokemon for obvious reasons.

Applecorp

Barboach. After the earthquake canceled its debut episode, it never appeared in a major way. Its debut was only in the background as one of many Pokémon Juan had. And it's never had a major appearance since.

This. The poor mud fishy deserved its own episode after its planned debut episode got banned but the folks in charge probably thought nobody cared about Barboach.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Just hit me. We never got to see Lana's Ace Pokemon, Araquanid, make it's debut. In fact, we barely got to see Araquanid at all! What wasted potential, it has such a cool design and ability.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
It show up in Pokemon special manga it is fine if anime don't really wanted to show it as it is different universe kind rule

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know what! My inner anime fanboy usually has very little interest in character returns, so I can't believe I'm saying this but Lana should definitely return in the new series just so Araquanid can have a properly dedicated episode! Give our boi Araquanid a proper episode!

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
Just hit me. We never got to see Lana's Ace Pokemon, Araquanid, make it's debut. In fact, we barely got to see Araquanid at all! What wasted potential, it has such a cool design and ability.

I wanted Satoshi to capture one in SM, then when that didn't happen I was rooting for Suiren to catch the Shizukumo that she befriended since it could've evolved into Onishizukumo, but apparently the writers just didn't want to give Suiren any Pokemon that weren't incredibly marketable.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
We saw a Boldore in the latest episode.

I think he meant the evolutionary line in general since Dangoro, Gantle, and Gigaiath have rarely appeared after Best Wishes. The same applies to the Kurumiru line.

Shuriken Throw

I think it would be nice to see Korrina’s Lucario get another focus episode or two. Korrina’s Lucario didn’t get enough episodes considering how powerful it was.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Most of the controversial Pokemons like the Porygon line. The directors and the fans need to get over the backlash from the past.