• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: The Elesia Chronicles [PG-13]

trixie08

Speak No Evil
So, here is my first Pokemon fic here, and as you can tell, many of the main parts, such as the main objective of the villains, the main characters, and all of that will start to reveal itself in the coming chapters, as this is just the prologue. Enjoy!

Rating: PG-13. Contains some violence, language, and suggestive situations, though not a whole lot of it in the prologue

Pokémon: The Elesia Chronicles

Prologue

Somewhere separated from the Earth, there is a secret dimension named Elesia. It is a very peaceful place where many different types and species of Pokémon reside, swimming in the crystal blue waters, running across the verdant fields and soaring through the bright skies. It is a place where the inhabitants lived in peace without anything interfering with it. It is a place where no human has ever laid his or her foot on. Until now…

A small red-orange monkey monster with flames coming out from its behind ran frantically fast through the forest, dodging laser beams that are being shot at it. The other Pokémon witnessing this event were watching this through trees and bushes, too scared to assist. Unfortunately for the chimp, it was getting a bit winded, running away from and evading the foreign attack, but kept on keeping on. The attacker did not let up as he relentlessly continued his onslaught, shooting more lasers at a much higher velocity and at much greater power. The monkey was not expecting this to happen and despite trying as hard as it could to get out of harm’s way, it was all in vain, because it was shot by one of the bright red lasers and dropped to the ground. Just then, a metal claw-like device slowly came down and grabbed the creature before it lifted back up. The helpless creature could not do anything to get itself out of it, as it was out cold. The device led to the thing that caused the attack: a small spherical jet with laser guns attached on both sides. The claw that held the weakened Pokémon was located right underneath the ship. The jet was controlled by, shockingly, a human.

He looked like your average scientist, wearing a white trench coat that was buttoned from the waist up. He wore a red shirt underneath it. Completing his ensemble were a pair of pleated gray pants with a brown leather belt with matching shoes. His straight shoulder-length hair was grayish-black and also had a pencil-thin mustache and a goatee of the same shade. His eyes were a piercing bluish-green. The name of this scheming scientist was Dr. Franz Hiden. He pressed a button on his controller which allowed the claw to move upward. For the first time, he studied his victim closely. The creature that he just captured was completely out of it, not even moving a muscle. The scientist chuckled coldly.

“So, you thought that you could get away from me that easily, you little brat? How would you like to be one of my test subjects?” he said to himself, but obviously directing it to his captive.

Just then, the Pokémon began to shake a little, slowly regaining consciousness. It opened its gray eyes, which met those of Dr. Franz. It then gave out a loud shriek. The scream was so noisy that the scientist could clearly hear it. He did not expect it to wake up so quickly.

“Damn! Someone should give you a volume controller or something!” he angrily shouted.

The monster kept shaking around violently as if to try to get out of the claw that was grasping its small body. Dr. Franz witnessed this and laughed.

“Try as you may, you little freak! My device has you clamped in so tightly that there’s no way that you can escape it!” he exclaimed.

In response to that, the chimp opened its mouth and breathed a stream of flame, striking the glass that separated it from Dr. Franz. The glass melted instantly and the blaze struck the cold man that was holding him captive. When it finally stopped, Dr. Franz’s attire was charred all over and burn marks covered his face. He growled angrily.

“That is IT!!! You pushed me way too far!!!” he roared.

Slamming a button on his controller, he sent electrical energy through the claw that held the monkey. With that, around 10,000 volts of energy coursed through its body, bringing it back to the unconscious state that it was in before. Dr. Franz then sighed at the sight.

“And they wonder why I’m always angered by the slightest thing”, he said to himself as he then flew off.

It was mentioned before that Elesia was meant to be kept apart from human civilization so Pokémon could live in peace, but apparently, one scientific organization who had been searching it for their own purposes had finally discovered it, despite the warnings. There was a small fortress-like building completely made out of black metal with a large telescope on top, looking out throughout the many areas of the world on a land that was once desolate and even a home to some. It was there that Dr. Franz landed his ship, with his test subject in tow. When he landed, he had the claw device release its grip on the creature, and it felt with a limp into the scientist’s arms.

“Yes, my little pawn. Soon it will all be known,” he said with coldness in his voice. He then prepared to walk through the front doors of this strange building.

The doors slid open as he walked in. He was greeted by many other men and women in lab coats. The inside of the place looked like a science lab on steroids! There were many tools used for research, such as test tubes, microscopes, and, more prominently, many large tubes that contained blue liquid. They were surrounding a strange silvery machine that looked sort of like a drill but with the point cut off. Next to the machine and tubes was a silver table with two pairs of black leather straps at the sides, possibly meant for restraining something.

“So, is it ready to go?” Dr. Franz asked.

“Yes it is, Dr. Hiden. We shall see if this great experiment shall work!” one of his assistants, a young red-haired man replied.

“Excellent” was all Dr. Franz said.

He then placed the chimp on said table, laying it flat. He strapped the two leather straps around its chest to ensure that it could not escape if it woke up. He obviously left the second pair out since the subject was rather small.

The coldness of the table must have rejuvenated something inside of the little monster, and it slowly began to shake. It opened its eyes, still in a daze, but happy to be alive. What it saw though, chilled him to the bone. It was no longer in the free environment of its old home; instead it was inside this cold laboratory where he was being held for whatever it is its kidnapper was planning.

Unluckily for it, Dr. Franz noticed this. He was not impressed at all because he did not want his test subject to know what will be happening. Still, he wanted to go on with the experiment, no matter what the cost.

“Dr., it seems as if our subject has woken up!” a blue-haired woman shouted.

“Don’t you think I already know that? I wanted to do this for many years and it has taken lots of thought into doing so, and I am NOT gonna let this minor setback hinder our progress!” he declared. With that, he picked up a pair of tweezers that was near him and walked briskly towards the monster. He softly chuckled as he saw the creature struggling for its life.

“Now, this won’t hurt a bit, my little friend,” he said as he used the tweezers to pluck a small sample of the orange monkey’s hair. The little chimp screamed in extreme pain, tears forming in its eyes. The pain coursed through its veins as it tried to calm itself down, but to no avail.

“Oops. Did I say a little bit? I meant A LOT!!!!” Dr. Franz laughed sadistically. The Pokémon was still moving around violently, trying to ease the pain. “Don’t even try that, you fool! No matter how hard you try, you cannot escape!” he added.

With the strands of hair that he got from the monkey, he then walked up to the drill-like machine and dropped those strands into it. The machine then began to whir and spin as it was given the DNA sample. The lights at the base of the machine began to glow very brightly and blinked rapidly. The other scientists had to cover their eyes since the contact they got with those lights were greatly affecting their eyes and for some giving them small headaches. Dr. Franz noticed this and was a bit ticked off about it.

“I told you lot to get some goggles or something to shield your eyes! Geez, how many times have I warned you about this?” he furiously asked.

As all of this was going on, the little monkey was still struggling to free itself from the straps that were holding it down. After much wiggling and thrashing, it was finally about to loosen itself from the straps. It slowly and quietly slipped out of the leather trap and made a run for it while the scientists were distracted with their experiment.

Speaking of that, the experiment looked to be a success. After all of the lights stopped flashing and the whirring sounds had ceased, it was complete.

In one of the blue tubes that surrounded the work area, there was a huge hairy figure that materialized instantly. The group looked at it for a moment before they cheered! Whatever this was supposed to be, it was a success. No one was happier than, of course, Dr. Franz, who was laughing like a maniac.

“Yes! YES!!! Finally, after all the years I put in researching, my plan is finally coming into fruition! Soon, my creatures shall roam the Earth and everyone shall fear them!!!” he exclaimed, revealing a little bit more of what he had in mind.

Unbeknownst to them, their so-called “test subject” had escaped. This little chimp, Chimchar, was battered and exhausted after everything that it been through for the past few minutes, but it was relieved that it escaped from the clutches of those strange scientists who were using it for their plans.

As it was walking though, Chimchar notice that in front of it, a portal of swirling blue and purple lights appeared. Chimchar stopped and placed its tiny hand into the portal, which made it even more curious about it than it was a few seconds back. It slowly walked right into it, and with that, the portal disappeared.

The sounds of zooming cars and loud music permeated the air in the city that never sleeps, New York City. Even with all of that noise, Chimchar, who was sleeping near a tree, was sleeping very peacefully. It seemed as if the portal that it walked through made the Chimp Pokémon very drowsy.

After that long and silent nap, Chimchar woke up, only to find that he was sitting in a place that was nothing like Elesia. There were young kids all over the place, playing with dogs, catching Frisbees, and jump-roping. There were also many benches surrounding the area, with the inhabitants sitting and enjoying the setting that was before them. The odd thing was that despite being a strange creature, no one noticed it yet.

Chimchar then gasped at the sight of all of those people. Why was it here? What exactly is going on? Was it brought to this place for a purpose? What will happen if those scientists find out that it escaped?

Many questions were running through its mind as a scared Chimchar ran off, once again not being noticed by the people of New York City.

End Prologue

timoteyo7

Hey, this was pretty good. I'm not really into Pokemon POV fics, but this was worth a read. Great job. Although, I was kinda confused as to how that portal got there in the first place, but this is just the prologue after all. So maybe that bit will be explained later.

The story was very well written but it had some minor grammar errors that needs fixing. Nothing big though (My grammar is the one that needs work...):

“That is IT!!! You pushed me way too far!!!” he roared.

I suggest not using multiple exclamation points, it just looks childish. One will do fine.

“And they wonder why I’m always angered by the slightest thing,” he said to himself as he then flew off.

Fixed it for ya, you had the comma after the the quotation marks.

“Yes, my little pawn. Soon it will all be known,” he said with coldness in his voice. He then prepared to walk through the front doors of this strange building.

I noticed that you like to use the word "then" a lot, it's not a grammatical error but, in my opinion, using the same words over and over again makes the story kinda boring. Try playing around with different words a little.

“Yes it is, Dr. Hiden. We shall see if this great experiment shall work!” one of his assistants, a young red-haired man replied.

That sounded weird if you ask me, I suggest using another word for the second :"shall".

That's all for now, subscribing to this. Update soon, I'm curious as to how the citizens of New York will respond to seeing a Pokemon. Was that portal created by Dr.Franz? I wonder how they found out about Elesia...

trixie08

Speak No Evil
The fic will not entirely be in the Pokemon's POV. There will be humans and such introduced later, and I'm working on exactly how the portal from Elesia to the real world opened up. Thanks for the review. I really appreciate it!

trixie08

Speak No Evil
I know the last part of this chapter is a bit rushed, but I wanted to finish with it. Also, the reason that Chimchar's look is being described again is because it's from the main character's point of view.

Pokémon: The Elesia Chronicles

Chapter 1: Small Chimp in the Big City

The bell sounded across the halls of Abraham Lincoln High School in Brooklyn, New York, signaling the end of another busy day for the students. In fact, it was the end of another busy school week, because it was Friday! High school kids hurried out of their classrooms to their lockers, scrambling for their keys and deciding which books to bring home for their studies. One girl in particular breathed a sigh of relief as she stuffed her books into her locker as quick as she can.

She was seventeen and was a junior at this school. Her hair was brown and was styled into a half-ponytail, accented with a purple ribbon. Her eyes were blue, which she rubbed because of the dust flying everywhere caused by other classmates kicking it around. She slammed her locker door shut and turned around to head off to the buses, revealing a purple shirt with the sleeves reaching her elbows and an image of her favorite singer, Laura Branigan, on the front. Topping off her ensemble was a pair of blue jeans and a pair of blue and white sneakers. She went by the name of Michelle Carson.

Just as she headed out the doors, one of her classmates, Kelly Mansfield, scurried up to meet her.

“So Michelle, are you going to go to the party tonight?” Kelly asked, with her voice reminiscent of a valley girl.

“Uh, I don’t know. I’m just not in the mood today. This week has been really rough,” Michelle replied.

“What happened?” Kelly asked. Michelle rolled her eyes. It was a story that she had to tell once again.

“Kelly, I told you this about a thousand times this week, I have a Chemistry project due and I still don’t have everything about it worked out, I made a D on my last Advanced Math test, and I have to go to a baby shower for my cousin, which I don’t feeling like going to, by the way,” she explained.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about all that,” Kelly replied, flipping her blonde hair back. Michelle shook her head in disdain.

“How could you forget something I told you about twenty times?” she asked. Kelly scoffed.

“Well, excuse me for being someone who actually has a social life,” she mocked.

At the sound of those words, Michelle felt a bit upset. Despite the fact that it was rather uncalled for, it was kind of the truth. She was never really the type to go out every weekend for the movies, to go eat, date, or whatever else. Still, she had her circle of friends that like her for who she is, even though she was not the most sociable person in the world.

“Well, thanks for the kind words,” Michelle retorted sarcastically as she stepped into a nearby bus. Lucky for her, the front seat was empty.

She quickly sat down and placed her light blue backpack next to her. She did not feel like having anybody sitting next to her. The last couple of days, she was forced to sit with someone who did not know the meaning of the word “deodorant”, and also a girl who chewed her gum right into Michelle’s ear, very loudly.

As the bus driver closed the doors, Michelle rested her head back against her seat, feeling a bit sad over the last words that Kelly said to her before she got on board. She was a strong girl, but the words hit her pretty hard. She figured that this was now the time to make herself known. She decided that she was going to assert herself more, and try not to be shy like she was now. Michelle kept thinking about this as the bus drove off.
Back in Dr. Franz’s laboratory in the secret dimension of Elesia, the man smirked at his new creation, derived from the DNA of a simple Chimchar!

The creature, who had just been released from one of the liquid-filled tubes, roared so loudly that it caused the ground around the scientists to quake a bit. The monster itself looked a lot like a Chimchar, but more like a ferocious gorilla. Its fur maintained the same hue as a regular Chimchar, but it was thicker and scruffier. Its eyes were bright red and its teeth were sharp. A fire erupted from its rear end as it let out another spine-tingling roar!

“Yes! YES! It’s finally done! We have created a successful Pokémon clone!” Dr. Franz shouted, cackling at the sight of the abomination he made. The other scientists were confused.

“How in the world is that considered a clone? He barely looks like a Chimchar!” one of them shouted. Dr. Franz turned to the young man who asked that question.

“It is indeed a clone, my good man, just a clone made from the most advanced technology you could think of! I was able to take the DNA of a simple Pokémon and transform it into a more powerful, and much better looking I must say, animal!” he laughed.

The cry from the Chimchar clone once again caused everything to shake. Even Dr. Franz started to flinch a bit because of the sound.

“Next time, I must invest in some ear plugs,” he added. That was not the worst of it though. The clone took a deep breath and breathed an intense blast of flames at its creators. The scientists screamed as they scrambled to find a hiding place.

“Dr. Franz, this thing is starting to get out of control! What are we supposed to do?” one woman asked amidst the commotion.

“Less talking, more hiding!” he replied, hiding behind one of the tubes. Pretty soon, all of the scientists found a place to protect themselves from the creature’s onslaught. It was breathing fire all over the place, striking walls and floors, causing them to get severely damaged and covered in holes created by burns. They had not much of a choice but to watch as it unfolded.

“What is up with that thing?” a dark-green haired female assistant asked.

“To be honest, I’m not quite sure. Maybe if I call out to this beast, I can calm it down and perhaps stop it from causing any more damage to this place! I spent way too much money on this project for it to just crumple apart like this!” Dr. Franz angrily shouted as he stood up from behind the tube he protected himself with.

His eyes met those of the Chimchar-looking animal as if to reason with it. The monster looked at the doctor, but was unfazed. It opened its mouth wide and shot a blazing fireball at him. Quickly, Dr. Franz dodged the attack before it struck him, causing it to meet with the floor and make a small crater where he stood a second ago.

Dr. Franz wiped the sweat from his brow, relieved that he did not get fried.

Damn it! This thing is getting way out of control! It is destroying everything I worked hard for! I must calm it down or I’ll be dead! he thought.

He opened up his mouth as if to speak, but before a sound would come out of his mouth, he heard a loud crashing sound. He turned and saw that the creature had escaped, leaving a huge hole in the metal wall. It was still walking away from the damage it caused.

At that moment, everyone got out of their hiding places, relieved that their lives were spared. Unfortunately, the lab was partially destroyed, with the scent of burnt metal permeating the air. On the bright side, the very machine that created the monster was still intact, with the DNA keeper sustaining a few dents, albeit very minor.

Dr. Franz watched in horror as his very first creation wandered off aimlessly. Who knows what destruction that thing would cause if it would go any further.

“COME BACK! Come back, I say!” Dr. Franz shouted in a last-ditched effort to communicate with it. His efforts were in vain sadly, as it continued to walk without a care.

“Come back right now! I command you to return to me and stop this madness!” he once again shouted, but no matter how hard he tried, he just could not do it, and the creature disappeared into the forest. Dr. Franz slammed his fists into the ground in anguish and screamed. His assistants rushed to his side to try to calm him down.

“Sir, this is just a minor setback!” one man said.

“It’s not over yet! We can still create the perfect clone and control it,” a woman added.

“Do not let this get you! Everybody has their failures,” another man told him.

Dr. Franz regained his cool and took a deep breath. His knuckles bled a bit after striking the ground so hard.

“You’re right. We’ll just do it again! I will not rest until I can make a clone that will obey me completely and then we’ll show the world who’s laughing!” he exclaimed. At that, he proceeded to walk towards the table where his victim, the captured Chimchar, once laid. To his shock, the Pokémon was gone! Things just went from bad to worse. Anger built up in his body as he once again slammed his knuckles against the floor, causing them to bleed even more than they already did. He started feeling frantic, wondering where his creation went and if he could ever achieve his dream.
Back in the city that never sleeps, Chimchar, who had just escaped the clutches of Dr. Franz, was leaping from tree to tree, trying to find a good place to stop and rest. As for the inhabitants of Brooklyn, they did not believe what they saw. People were staring at Chimchar as it continued to jump across the treetops, wondering what exactly was it doing and why was it there in the first place!

“I want that monkey!” a 5-year-old girl shouted.

“That thing is awesome!” a young boy added.

“What in the name of ‘Mamma Mia’ is going on?” a woman asked.

They would soon get back to their daily lives, wondering what exactly that thing was doing hopping around the city like that! They knew that it was a kind of monkey, but not one with fire on its rear end! Apparently, some of them had never heard of Pokémon.

As it was leaping, Chimchar noticed a suburban area as it looked down from one of the trees. School must have been ending as there was a school bus stopping to drop somebody off.
Michelle exited the bus, feeling a little stiff after contemplating how to not be such a wallflower and start being an outgoing girl like every other one in the world. Stretching her arms, she walked towards her house. She got the key from underneath the doormat and unlocked the front door and went inside. She tossed her backpack to a nearby chair before hopping onto the couch.

Michelle was always home alone when she got back from school. Her mother works a bank teller and her father is a mechanic working in the oil fields. Sure, the place was deafeningly quiet and practically empty, but it was way better than the noising environment of the school bus.

Michelle relaxed for a few minutes until she heard a slight rumbling noise.

“Hmmm, what is that mysterious rumbling noise?” she asked herself.

Upon hearing that noise, she realized that she was very hungry! She only ate a little bit for lunch, since for her the school’s food was repulsive. She got up to make herself a little snack.
Chimchar continued its journey inside the small suburb, hopping from roof to roof and from tree to tree. It tried to be incognito, leaping as stealthy as it can, because it got a little bit flustered after some of the citizens of Brooklyn were looking at it strangely.

It continued to look at the many houses the surrounded the area it was in and one of the houses that piqued its interest was one that was right across from the tree it was in. The house was built of sepia-toned bricks, had bluish-green doors, shutters, and a roof, and there was also a tall chimney. Chimchar suddenly became as curious as another famous monkey, Curious George. It leaned further down on a branch it was perched on. The bad news was that the branch was thin and frail, and it broke a few seconds after it started to lean. Chimchar sailed down towards the house it was looking at, dropping right into the chimney! It let out a loud screech as it fell to its possible doom.
Michelle spread on the peanut butter one last time on a slice of an apple. She placed it on a plate with six identical slices.

“There! That looks way better than soggy pizza and bland carrots!” she said to herself as she picked the plate up and proceeded to go back to the couch she was on to chow down. Grabbing the remote and flipping the TV on, she sat down and was about to take a bite out of one of the apples until…

BAM!

A loud crash was heard throughout the house. Michelle dropped the apple slice on her knee in fright.

“What was that?” she asked in a scared voice. Her body quivered as she looked around. She locked the front door, and without a doubt her parents locked the other doors! The windows were also securely shut, and there wasn’t anything faulty in the walls! Then she remembered the one part of the house that was always left open… the chimney!

She turned to the fireplace, which was shrouded in smoke from the ash that covered the bottom. Seconds later, the smoke began, revealing an obscured figure of a small monkey.

“Oh…my…God, what is that thing?” she asked, still freaked out.

The smoke completely cleared, and the creature was exposed. It was a red-orange monkey with pale yellow hands, feet, face, and chest. Its most distinguishing feature was the fire on its rear end. As soon as Michelle saw it, she nearly fainted. She screamed so loudly, that some of the things on the shelf began to shake.

“What...what…what are you?” she stammered.

Chimchar was also flustered when it saw her. It jumped out towards her as if to attack, but Michelle dodged. It turned around to try to attack her again, but she ducked. Looking around, she found a baseball bat lying on a nearby chair and picked it up. She swung it around to keep the intruder at bay.

“Say back! Say back, I say!” she commanded, but the attacker didn’t listen and went after her again. Quickly, she swung the bat and slammed it right into the little creature, causing it to fall to the floor. Breathing a sigh of relief, she retreated behind the couch. She took that time to gather her mind.

“This day is starting to get freaky! I mean, where the heck did that monkey come from? Did it escape the Staten Island Zoo or something?” she asked.

Like she said, this day was starting to become stranger than it already was. That morning, she found an old half-eaten sandwich buried deep in her locker, she saw what she thought was a bulldog during lunch break, and there was a guest speaker in her English class who steeped a little bit too much in Shakespeare.

It was then that she heard a faint crunching noise. She was confused at first until it struck her. The apples! She slowly peeked over the couch, only to see the newfound animal eating one of the apple slices. Upon seeing that, Michelle’s blood began to boil. That thing was munching on her snack without as much as being told. This meant war.

“You…you freak! Stop eating my snack! You didn’t even ask me to!” she shouted.

As if to mock her, Chimchar picked up another apple slice and tossed it into its mouth. For her, it was the final straw. She hopped over the couch and pinned the monkey down onto the cushion. It roared.

“CHIMCHAR!”

“Do not eat anything without asking me ever again! In fact, I want you to get out of here right now, understand?” Michelle angrily asked. She did not feel like hurting anyone, but she was stressed, and had to take it out on something.

In response to Michelle’s outburst, tears began to form in Chimchar’s eyes. It snuffled and whimpered. She was not swayed by this, until she heard it crying. It was when she heard the animal’s sobbing that she realized that she was too hard on it.

“Oh, I’m sorry. If I would’ve known you were going to feel this upset about what I said, then I would not have yelled at you like that! I mean, yeah, it’s wrong for someone to intrude like that and go eating things without them knowing, but if I would have know it was going to come to this, I wouldn’t have come down so hard on you like that! Please don’t be upset anymore!” Michelle said to it, giving it a hug.

For her, it felt a bit strange that she was making friends with this creature that looked really strange that kept saying the word “Chimchar” in place of human language or the sounds of a normal monkey. Whatever that thing was, she was going to find out and hopefully, not lose her temper on it again. A few seconds later, she felt her left hand warming up. She looked down to see her hand near Chimchar’s rear, where a small fire burnt. Was it trying to burn her?

“What it this?” she asked, looking down at Chimchar. She noticed a small smile on its face. It was probably doing this to show affection towards it. It seemed to be the beginning of an unlikely friendship between a normal teenage girl and this new creature who only said its name. Michelle wanted to learn more about it, and hopefully, keep it. She figured it needed a home, if it was searching for one. Her only concern was whether or not her mother and father would like having this around.