• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon - The Orange League (02)

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Orange Island is the worst season of Pokemon I have ever seen. I rather not see this season ever again.

What was bad about it? I thought that the Orange Archipelago arc served its purpose of filling up time until the Jouto saga began quite well, and at least Satoshi got to compete in a League that he actually managed to win, which was a decent achievement for him even though it wasn't a major tournament.

This arc of the show was weak as seen in most of its filler episodes like the play episode and the tanned Jenny one too. Plus Tracy was such a boring dude who felt like he was in the way.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This arc of the show was weak as seen in most of its filler episodes like the play episode and the tanned Jenny one too. Plus Tracy was such a boring dude who felt like he was in the way.

This arc did have a few insipid filler episodes, although we could argue that the whole arc was filler in general since the Orange Archipelago didn't even exist in the games.

Daizy

I call you honey
This season of the show gets too much flack. It was amazing when you consider how creative the whole Orange Islands arc was since the writers were developing a completely original story with no games as the foundation.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
This season of the show gets too much flack.

That's news to me since I've seen many people compliment the Orange Archipelago arc in general, mainly because it allowed Satoshi to win a League championship, even if said League was just a watered-down version of the one from Kanto at the time.

MockingJ

Banned
+/- Misty. She was somewhat a little more likable in some episodes.

Misty was actually a positive aspect of the OI arc to me. She got a few episodes to herself that made me like her more like the Golduck episode and the Poliwag episode, plus the Trovita Gym episode gave Pokeshipping a much needed boost since the ship was dying out by that point.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
Misty was actually a positive aspect of the OI arc to me. She got a few episodes to herself that made me like her more like the Golduck episode and the Poliwag episode, plus the Trovita Gym episode gave Pokeshipping a much needed boost since the ship was dying out by that point.

She got some minor development in this arc, although I dislike the fact that she became attached to two male Orange Island Gym Leaders since it seemed rather unoriginal. I wish that Takeshi had been given a subplot with one of the female Gym Leaders there, instead.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
A lot of the season was marred with some average episodes really but I thought that the League battle was well done albeit the one-sidedness that took place early on in the match.

This sums up the whole arc doesn't it. Most of the 'filler' episodes in between the gyms were average and only a few like the Pikachu Re-Volts episode and a couple others were memorable.

The battle episodes were awesome but there was a lot of goofing off going on between islands.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
This has to be my favorite season, since there are so many Pokeshipping hints.