• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: The Random Adventures

MikeTheBattler

This comic is rated:
RatedE.png

Mild Cartoon Violence​

Hey everyone! My editing skills are starting to improve now! I'm trying and make as many chapters as possible as soon as I can! We're up to Chapter 6! If you missed either The Prologue or any of the previous chapters then you can catch up on the story in the Full Chapter list.

Most Recent Episode
|
|
|
V​

http://i41.*******.com/e6om7q.png​

Full Chapter List

Chapter 0: The Prologue
Chapter 1: The Spider Squisher Quest
Chapter 2: A Fishing Trip and A Makeover
Chapter 3: Boat Rental for Dummies
Chapter 4: Bug Catchers Part #1
Chapter 5: Bug Catchers Part #2
Chapter 6: Bug Catchers Part #3

Personal Errors

~ Speech Bubble Connection Issues
~ Resizing Troubles
~ Editing Issues
~ Using FR/LG with D/P/Pt sprites
~ Certain Grammar Points

Thanks guys! Please comment! :D

Last edited:

Crasher

Uh... kay. I can see why it's the Random Adventures. I can see some very obvious errors here. Firstly, D/P sprites with FR/LG sprites. A definite no-no. Lucas with that guy? No. D/P trees with FR/LG trees? No.

Can't really say anything else. I'll keep reading, though.

RED_EYES_BLACK_CHARIZARD

Charizard Master
hahahaha thats funny man some problems with the sprites but still funny keep making more.

Who the heck is squi...oh never mind lol

MikeTheBattler

Uh... kay. I can see why it's the Random Adventures. I can see some very obvious errors here. Firstly, D/P sprites with FR/LG sprites. A definite no-no. Lucas with that guy? No. D/P trees with FR/LG trees? No.

Can't really say anything else. I'll keep reading, though.

Yeah, I am going to rework the sprites to suit a Diamond Setting hopefully. It's hard to put together a Diamond/Pearl background, but I've got the characters, the battle scenes and most of the other stuff. It's just the backgrounds/settings.

My editing skills are poor, but I read comics for fun, not to stare at fancy artwork, so I hope you all do too :p

There is a plot to unfold, (don't get too excited) but don't think it's not too random, but it's a laugh along the way :D

I was a little scared when I didn't get any replys for a few days, but at least I have some readers :)

Ok then guys! Chapter 1 is about 40% complete! I'll have it up hopefully later :D

Thanks!

Nocturnal

Oceana
HAHA yeah very random, the only problems i see is the sprite miuxing with lg to dpp

MikeTheBattler

Yeah Nocturnal, getting on to what Crasher said :)
Also, Nocturnal I'm a big reader of your own comic! Hope Pokemon Oceana is still going well!

Chapter 1 - 70% complete :D

MikeTheBattler

Sorry guys, I was planning to upload Chapter 1 last night, but Serebii kept crashing... It's up now, and I have updated the Personal Errors box so you don't have to keep commenting on errors that I know I have made :)

And yes, there is still a problem with FR/LG sprites for the map (I do have D/P characters and they're going to be worked in around something to do with Joey ;))

Once again, thanks for reading guys! :D

EDIT

Chapter 2 is now up! We'll all miss the old Joey... (well we won't but still...) Also, I am no longer in any need of Diamond and Pearl map sprites. I found enough, but the place is set in Kanto, so I'm still having to use the FR/LG map sprites to set the scene, since I really don't have enough time to rework the whole of Kanto into Diamond and Pearl format. :p

Nevertheless, once again thanks for reading and I hope to see you for Chapter 3!

:D

Last edited:

MikeTheBattler

Hey guys, Chapter 3 is up :)
Photobucket kept blurring the image when I uploaded it, so now I'm using ******* (or at least until photobucket works for me again)

Hope you enjoy this slightly longer chapter!

Please comment! :D

Nocturnal

Oceana
haha i dont know why but i really life this, maybe coz its just unexspected keep it up :)

MikeTheBattler

First of all, before I start replying to comments, I'd just like to say I've been away for a week in a foreign country and I didn't time to tell you all. This comic is still running so don't think I've abandoned it :) Thanks for all the positive feedback for all those who have done so!

Now! On with the show! :p

haha i dont know why but i really life this, maybe coz its just unexspected keep it up :)

Thanks a lot, I am trying to keep to a plot now, so this isn't just one long line of happenings with no connections between them. I'm following on the plan of that there is an event (random or not) but it still advances the main plot. Hope everyone understood that :D

Pretttty Random :)
hehe feebas made him beautiful.
Keep it up, and you could keep those 4 stars :p

Unfortunately, it's now only at 3 stars :p
I don't mind really because in the end the results can average out to go up to 4 (or even 5 :p) stars.

As for you saying it's pretty random - I suppose you could just refer to the explanation I said for nocturnal :)

And yes, feebas is quite the plastic surgeon :rolleyes:

~~~~~~~~~

Look to see Chapter 4 in the near future! I'd like to thank everyone for the wonderful support they've given, and I'm very surprised how well this has gone for my first ever comic :D

Bye!

EDIT

Chapter 4 is up! I'm not getting as much free time as I have been doing recently, so I might be uploading chapters slower than before - and I understand I wasn't making them very fast to begin with.

Once again, please keep commenting, I need support to keep up my motivation! :D

Thanks!

Last edited:

Torosiken

This is a title.
*laugh* Oooff!! soo loool XDDXDXDXD..!! Nice! But I think its a little confusing me XD (forgot what confused me)

wonders why ppl like sprite comic and hand drawed comic more than paint-comic. My readers only a little T_T

MikeTheBattler

*laugh* Oooff!! soo loool XDDXDXDXD..!! Nice! But I think its a little confusing me XD (forgot what confused me)

wonders why ppl like sprite comic and hand drawed comic more than paint-comic. My readers only a little T_T

Lol. The plot advances forward every time a little bit, but I still have to stick to the name of the comic: 'Random Adventures' so humor is the main concern for this to be honest - but the plot is also very important.

I'm uploading Chapter 5 in about 30 seconds :p
Hope you enjoy it!

mysterious~fossil~HP~10

This is hilarious, and I have to say melting down apparently precious gym badges to create spiderman's worst enemy is one of the craziest ways to start a journey comic. One problem I did notice was that even zoomed in I had a hard time reading the text, though if no one else mentions this then it may just be my computer monitor. Other than that, keep going; I haven't laughed at Pokemon like that in quite a while.

MikeTheBattler

Sorry guys, I've been very busy with other things as well as the fact I'm working on a brand new comic, ;) but I'm still keeping this one going :)

Still very sorry, the new chapter will come eventually :(