• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon-The Satan of all religions

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Oh please, the "Satan" of all religions? That's a bit too much -_-

Lol, they raised the gambling issue... The only thing on the box rating that is bad is the "incredibly mild gambling references". Lol. Oh my, I've played Pokemon now I think I will become a gambling addict. -_-

Euphoria

Soul Salsa
Logic: 0. Religion: 1.

He said the concept of the Pokemon characters also appeared to be based on Charles Darwin's theory of evolution, which Islam rejects.
Oh, yeah! Curse those Body Stones evolving humans.

LUK3

Above, nuff said about the subject.

Emperor Giratina

Car Racing Pundit
That Is It!!!! I Have Had Enough!!!

Now Cristianity and NOW Islam!? Fine then, read this!.... And I'm still a die-hard fan of Pokemon!!! And there's nothing anybody can to do about it (I'm also a Muslim, if you don't mind..... And EVEN that won't stop me from being a die hard fan of Pokemon)!!! ....... And Extremists! Heed! My! Words! .... Rot! In! Hell! ..... Jeez, how the hell could THEY get to the point without ANY proof!!?? *evil glare*

Last edited:

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Lol'd. Their arguments are feeble at best and based on not-very-well-researched assumptions. One more reason im glad that I live In Australia and that my Dad stopped me from getting sucked into relegion. (Dont ask, forget I said that)

Cursed

Heroic Sociopath
The real problem is that people are biased about things that they haven't tried themselves. How can they rightfully say that Pokemon is satanic without actually knowing what the series is about? What basis do they have without the firsthand experience?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It's based on the concept of striking first and asking questions later. It's not like they're going to listen to anyone after this anyway. It's human pride: A nearly universal human fear is the fear of being wrong, and it'll be a huge blow for them and their faith if it turns out their reasoning was flawed. A lot of companies don't sell their stuff to the Middle East anymore; I'm surprised Nintendo is that bold.

However, try to cast aside as much of your ethnocentrism as you can. Saudi Arabia is a very religiosly devoted country, much more so than North America and Europe. We have "separation of church and state"; the church IS practically the state there. It's not like this is going to start an outrage there...maybe only among visitors who bring in their GBAs and DSs with Pokémon games in them, which is very odd that they singled out this series and not anything else. (It also took them a decade to see this...What happened? Did Abdul Ali al-Abdul Ali see some kid playing it on the streets last week?)

This is no doubt something Nintendo did not want to hear, but the Middle Eastern market for electronic gaming is a very small one. (Bear in mind that Pokémon had already been banned in Turkey, though for entirely non-religious reasons. Also bear in mind that, when it comes to Catholicism, the guys at Vatican publicly announced that there is nothing morally wrong with Pokémon, but if anything, it fosters friendship through its link features and encourages compassion for all living things.)

Oh well. At the very least, that means I'm keeping my Afghan Machoke I got oer the GTS.

Last edited:

Sphyxius

I love how no one has caught the fact that that article is almost 7 years old and the thread-starter appears to be treating it as breaking news... :/

That is pretty lame though. Not all religions agree or even give a damn... I found this...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,26334,620818,00.html

granted now that that is even older than the article this thread is about but still interesting.

Emperor Giratina

Car Racing Pundit
I love how no one has caught the fact that that article is almost 7 years old and the thread-starter appears to be treating it as breaking news... :/

That is pretty lame though. Not all religions agree or even give a damn... I found this...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,26334,620818,00.html

granted now that that is even older than the article this thread is about but still interesting.

Really!? Oh, thanks for the article!! I appreciate it!! :D I'm such a fool LOL!!

Ha!!

Logic:1

Religon:0

*Does the victory dance and screams out 'VICTORY!!!!!!' after every 5 minutes*

Last edited:

Biechae

This is BULLSH*T!

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
yea i remember something about one of the other gulf countries banning it because of something in the game caused them to think that it had "Jewish Overtones"

"Go StarofDavidachu!"

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
WOW this is so not cool. What's next, video games against Islamic Religion. Seriously these people are stupid. Its not fair to those children over there, i feel so bad for them

Villi

Shimama!
The one thing that annoys me about religion is how it gets in the way of progress. And yes, Pokemon games are considered progress, creating a new and improved life for a child.

This makes me love Pokemon even more than I did before.

But seriously though, where in the Bible or the Qur'an does it say that nobody should play Pokemon? What makes them think they have the right to tell all muslims to stop playing a certain game?

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Well, I don't see what's wrong with pokemon and Christianity, but Muslims, geez. Gambling? Oh noez, kids are going to become hard core gamblers now because they traded a card and stuck a virtual coin in a virtual slot machine. Honestly, didn't people trade back in ancient times, and even more recently? As for the evolution, I honestly think it's more like metamorphosis, but that they thought it would be too hard for kids to say, so they made it evolution.

Religious symbols, do they mean pokeballs? Pure stupidity...