• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: The Ultimates (Discussion Thread)

Kamotz

God of Monsters
(Posted with permission from...me!)

This will be our discussion thread for the RPG, found by clicking above. I wanted to try running it without a discussion thread, but I'm more comfortable with one so that I have a way to disseminate crucial information to all of you.

Imagine a Pokemon world far darker than the one you know. The evils of the world are far more sinister and far more dangerous. In this world, the criminal entity known as Team Rocket was far more malevolent. Their endeavors in the fields of genetic manipulation far surpassed the creation of Mewtwo, though Mewtwo was perhaps their greatest achievement. Their manipulations of Pokemon and their genetic code were monstrous. They created terrible abominations, splicing together Pokemon and human DNA with often disastrous results. Luckily, several young trainers managed to uncover the identity of Team Rocket's boss, Giovanni the Viridian City Gym Leader, and were able to put a stop to his plans by destroying key Team Rocket facilities throughout Kanto with the help of the Kanto Police.

Team Rocket attempted a revival several years later in the Johto region. Their experiments at the Lake of Rage and Mahogany Town let loose an onslaught of attacks from rampaging Gyarados that destroyed Mahogany Town. A team of Pokemon trainers managed to deactivate the towers that broadcasted the experimental signal, and the Gyarados calmed down and returned to the lake. Team Rocket then attempted to capture Celebi and harness its power to traverse time, but they were thwarted by the Pokemon trainers before any real plans could come together and Celebi escaped into the timestream.

In the Hoenn, Team Aqua and Team Magma's ambitions resulted in the deaths of thousands due to droughts and floods. The battle between Groudon and Kyogre was tremendous. In the process, Mt. Chimney erupted and destroyed Lavaridge Town; Pacifidlog Town was wiped out by a title wave; and Sootopolis City was decimated in the final moments of the battle. Only the intervention of Rayquaza, who managed to defeat both Groudon and Kyogre and send them retreating back into hibernation. But Rayquaza was gripped by the heat of battle and flew to Mt. Pyre. There, Rayquaza obliterated the mountain in a fit of rage before calming and returning to the Sky Pillar.

In Sinnoh, the members of Team Galactic sought to harness the powers of Dialga and Palkia to remake the world in their image. They captured the three lake spirits--Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf--and used their life energies to create the Red Chain that they would use to control Palkia and Dialga. The spatial and temporal disturbances caused by Palkia and Dialga angered the renegade Giratina, who emerged from the Torn World and attacked Team Galactic. A battle between the three great dragons commenced. The battle decimated the nearby Celestic Town. The battle finally subsided when a young trainer summoned Arceus with the Azure Flute. The Alpha Pokemon quelled the three dragons with a flash of power and returned them to their own separate dimensions before vanishing.

In Unova, the underhanded machinations of Team Plasma allowed them to resurrect the ancient dragon Pokemon. Plasma's King, a young man named N, proved himself worthy of the dragon's notice and was chosen as its hero. With the dragon's power, N swept aside any who would stand against his mission of freeing Pokemon from humans. It was only when another young trainer, chosen by the dragon's opposite, intervened, that N realized the error of his ways.

Team Rocket. Team Aqua. Team Magma. Team Galactic. Team Plasma. In the last decade, these criminal organizations have wreaked havoc upon the world of Pokemon. Their goals have varied from monetary gain, to global domination, to global geography manipulation, to the manipulation of time and space themselves. And they’ve very nearly succeeded in their goals; every time, it was but a twist of fate that a few random trainers were able to overcome the odds and foil their plans.

But for SHIELD, the global peace-keeping and counterterrorist organization, depending on a few, random, young Pokemon trainers was unacceptable. After Team Galactic’s near-success in using the time-altering and space-altering Pokemon to recreate the world, SHIELD set the Ultimates Initiative into motion. In conjunction with the world’s Pokemon Leagues, the Ultimates would be SHIELD’s elite team of trainers dedicated to thwarting the plans of the above-mentioned teams, and any other teams that might emerge.

You’re one of the Ultimates, elite agents and individuals that have been brought into SHIELD to counter the efforts of criminal organizations like Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, and Plasma. You’ve been assigned to SHIELD by one branch of the Pokemon League (Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova) to serve in the Ultimates. Now it’s you’re job to handle the remnants of these criminal organizations while also containing anything new that springs up.

====== INFORMATION======

Villainous Organizations:

Team Rocket: The oldest and most well-organized of the known criminal organizations. An organization highly interested in social and financial power. Team Rocket began as a group of corporate spies. After coming under the leadership of Giovanni, they expanded their interests into Pokemon acquisition, genetic manipulation, arms dealing, and extortion. Team Rocket has had their hands in almost every plot in Kanto and Johto. Their greatest accomplishment was the creation of Mewtwo from the DNA of Mew. But they lost control of Mewtwo he hasn’t been seen since. Team Rocket also attempted to capture Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, the Legendary Birds, and the Legendary Beasts. After being foiled at every turn by a group of young trainers, the boss Giovanni disbanded Team Rocket and went into hiding..

Team Aqua and Team Magma: The leaders of both teams, Archie and Maxie, were once research assistants at the Weather Institute. Their mentor believed that humankind's interference was creating a severe imbalance in the natural world's weather patterns that would eventually lead to total environmental collapse. Under the impression that a man-made problem required a natural solution, their mentor created two research teams, Aqua and Magma, to investigate different possible solutions. The team leaders came to wildly different conclusions. Team Aqua sought the super-ancient Kyogre to attempt to expand the seas and oceans, claiming that since life came from the waters, more water would be better for the planet. Team Magma sought the super-ancient Groudon to attempt to expand the landmasses, claiming that more land would allow for more places to live and more life to flourish. But both teams lost control of the super-ancient Pokemon, who fought each other in a titanic battle. It was Rayquaza who finally arrived to calm the two Pokemon and send them back to slumber. Aqua and Magma’s leaders then retreated.

Team Galactic: A mysterious organization run by the enigmatic Cyrus, who sought the recreation of the entire universe. He was obsessed with space and extraterrestrial life, and sought out Pokemon rumored to have come from outer space, believing them the key to obtaining the cosmic power necessary to realize his dreams. His research eventually led him to Palkia and Dialga. Cyrus sought out Dialga and Palkia so that he could reorder time and space to make himself the supreme deity of Earth. Had it not been for the interference of a few young trainers, then Cyrus would have succeeded and we would be living in a vastly different world today. After being foiled, Cyrus vowed revenge.

Team Plasma: A fanatical cult-like organization determined to free Pokemon from "slavery". Plasma was modeled after medieval nobility, with knights, nobles, sages, and royalty. Their King, a young man named "N", was raised to become the "hero of legend." After proving himself to the legendary dragon, N was confronted with his opposite and decided to reevaluate his life. Ghestis, the mastermind behind events, fled into hiding while SHIELD authorities began dismantling Plasma's operations.
======

SHIELD and the Ultimates

S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage Logistics Directorate, is a global peacekeeping and counterterrorist organization that was formed many years ago to attempt to combat the threats of various criminal organizations. They met with great success until Giovanni took charge of Team Rocket. Giovanni was able to outwit and outmaneuver SHIELD at every turn. However, when he disbanded Team Rocket, SHIELD caught a break. SHIELD then sought out Steven Stone, the former Hoenn League Champion, to aid them against other criminal organizations. It was Steven that first developed the Ultimates Initiative with the purpose of combating the various criminal organizations that exist throughout the world.

The Ultimates: The Ultimates are an elite team run by S.H.I.E.L.D. and advised in part by the Pokemon League. In a sense, they are superheroes to the public. They are dedicated to defending the world from organizations like Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, and Galactic. The Ultimates are a unique group of individuals from all over the Pokemon world, and they each have their own unique abilities. Some of them are the unwitting end-results of genetic and technological experimentation, granting them phenomenal or horrific powers and abilities. Others have formed mystical bonds with powerful Pokemon and have been granted supernatural powers. Still others are regular human beings, but extraordinarily powerful Pokemon trainers and masters. The Ultimates answer only to a select group of people:
General Kruger: Director of SHIELD
Steven Stone: Agent in charge of the Ultimates
Lorelei Prima: Agent Stone's second-in-command​

Official Rules
1. No god-modding.
2. Two/three character maximum.
3. Only control your own character unless given permission otherwise by the other character's owner.
4. No killing other OC's without their owner's permission.
5. If you wish to make an NPC with a large part then please just state that on the sign-ups so that it doesn't get killed. Otherwise it's open season.
6. You must have good grammar! Get a proofreader for all I care! Use the spell-check! Anything, just make sure things make sense. I can tolerate some slip-ups, but nothing on a constant basis.
7. Please try to post at least once every 2-5 days (unless you give me a reason why you can't). Any longer than that and we might lose you or leave you behind.
8. No making up histories for characters (even NPCs) that aren't your own.
9. I reserve the right to kick you out of this RPG if you break one of these rules seriously enough. I will, however, give you a chance to explain or redeem yourself so it won't be a "BAM goodbye" sort of deal

Kamotz - Michael Fenix
Kamotz - Vicki Meyers
Kamotz - Riley Abrams
RaZoR LeAf - James Crane
The Doctor - Vincent Jones
The Doctor - Matthew Park???
Mon1010 - Scott Ryan
treespyro - Carrie Fitzgerald
Food Guy - Temper McClymont
GoldenHouou - Rajiv Frestov
Blivsey - Jacklyn Clark
Niihyl - Maia Vaenti
TheSequelReturns - Vivian Darrow

Will Add rest later, not on main computer

======

Now, From here I'll be giving out orders, information, and various plot-related need-to-knows. This'll be where you can reach everyone with pertinent information-knowing. Also, this is where you can ask questions to me and the group in general.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
To all involved:

Please let it be known whether or not you wish to continue with Pokemon: the Ultimates. It has been several weeks since the last round of active posting, and I wish to know whether or not this is worth my continued time investment. No hard feelings or bitterness, I'd just like to know.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I'm interested too. I've kind of hoped the battle on the flight deck would start, so I could have my character go and watch. But I've been formulating an idea for a post for a while now, and plan to just have him go there in advance and... uh, wait. Should be able to get that post up tomorrow.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I, too, remain very interested but am waiting on the battle on deck to get underway so that I have something to say beyond just more of Jacklyn judging everyone and walking to the flight deck - it seems that most of the team wants to observe, and Jacklyn is not an exception. I'll ready a post in reserve, though.

Niihyl

Posthuman
I thought the battle would happen later, after Kamotz did plot... Because I thought we were working. Because... Oh.

We're fighting now.

Okay... I'll... Post then. Sorry... >.<

Edit: Derp, just realized that Kamotz okayed the battle in his post. That I never read, mainly because it was posted during my coma... Alright then, Mon, you're on.

Last edited:

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
I'm fine with continuing, but I may have to roleplay entirely as Vincent from now on, as that's more the sort of character I'm good at writing, and I don't have the time or energy to control both of them at once. Kam, if you - or anyone else - want to take over Matt, go for it. I have other plans for Vincent, ones that tie in to my current spy-fiction obsession.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
The battle is finally underway. :)

Please refrain from restating the previous posts before yours. We already know what Niihyl's characters said and did. We don't need to see that again in the very next post. It's one thing to post your character's reaction. It's a completely different thing to rewrite Niihyl's post word-for-word.

This
"Well, alright then." Scott said after Steven finished. The group was then led away by some SHIELD agents into an open arena.

The girl pulled out her Poké Balls. Which to choose? Scott had already settled on his Pokemon. He had already sent her out, and she was floating in front of him.

"Knight, come on out," the girl murmured, releasing a Gardevoir. Something was odd about it. The horn thing on it's chest was broken, and it looked...sad.

Suddenly, he heard a scream. The city! Fear! Hate! Greed! What was strange though, was that the words were only heard in his head. Could this have been the Gardevoir's thoughts?

"Shh, I'm here. I'm here," the girl whispered to her Pokemon, and the screaming stopped. Her Gardevoir also appeared to calm down. "Sorry about that," she said to everyone. "Knight's horn is broken, so he can't sense happy emotions… or turn the mind-reading off. Anyway, why don't we get started? He's fine now?" She then took her place on the battlefield. "Alright, Scott. Why don't you make the first move?"

could easily have been rewritten as this:

"Well, alright then." Scott said after Steven finished. The group was then led away by some SHIELD agents into an open arena and they prepared for battle. Scott had already settled on his Pokemon. He had already sent her out, and she was floating in front of him.

The girl released a Gardevoir. Something was odd about it. The horn thing on it's chest was broken, and it looked...sad.

Suddenly, he heard a scream, though, the words were only heard in his head. Could that have been the Gardevoir's thoughts? The girl comforted her Pokemon and the screaming stopped. She briefly explained the psychic Pokemon's behavior, AND SCOTT HAD SOME SORT OF REACTION. She offered to let him make the first move.

That would have been the bare minimum. You don't need to add every little thing she said. We know what she said and did. It just happened.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
<OOC> Haha, no posts for a while, then suddenly a barrage of posts from two people. Battles make good post material, huh? Of course, people watching and reacting might have a pretty tough time following.

Yawn. Wow, I can't believe it. We just keep slipping out of each other's traps. I thought I had nothing to worry about, with Imprison and all. This is why I love fanfic battles, because you get to really draw out the strengths of support moves and pull off great combos, ones you don't really get to use in the games. Pokémon Battles are also nice, since the attacks and abilities are clearly defined, so that godmodding is a lot more unlikely.

Well, it will give them more to react to I guess.

Yes, they do. That's why I like RP battles too. (As long as they don't drag on forever.) Imprison is pretty much useless in the games (Unless your Ditto, or your like me who just had to battle Bianca's Musharna with his own Musharna, and the move is used against you. <_<) but in this setting you can get away with more. (And not be limited by four moves per Pokemon)

Also, you could've Will-O-Wisped Shaana, and then Synchronize would've activated. Ruining Yawn, and still burning Knight. :p

Anyway, I'll continue tomorrow...er...later today. It's midnight in my time. Besides, someone else needs a chance to post. xD

Niihyl

Posthuman
Well, this is a 'realistic' Pokemon RPG, so I didn't think Synchronize would work that way. For mental statuses, like confusion, sleep, and infatuation maybe. But things like burn, poison, and frozen? How does a burn magically transmit over psychic wavelengths? Maketh no sense at all.

Plus, I'm thinking that Knight's ability, although here they may have more than one, is Telepathy, for communing with Ep, rather than Trace or Synchronize.

Imprison. I have never used it in the games. But here, it's pretty useful. The Will o' Wisp thing came to me while I was thinking of what to do. Yawn really threw me. Just realized that Ditto getting Imprison would be an absolute murderfest. I was originally going to pull a cheap suicidal Destiny Bond + Healing Wish/Memento gambit, but I figured we could let the battle last a little bit longer. Also, I was too lazy to log in while writing a post so that I could VM you for that.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Whoops, sorry for the lack of posting. Yeah I'm still interested. I was just waiting for more things to happen. Especially the battle as my character (Carrie) would have just been watching the battle that was taking place on the flight deck. So I was just waiting for that to start, sorry.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Well, this is a 'realistic' Pokemon RPG, so I didn't think Synchronize would work that way. For mental statuses, like confusion, sleep, and infatuation maybe. But things like burn, poison, and frozen? How does a burn magically transmit over psychic wavelengths? Maketh no sense at all.

Plus, I'm thinking that Knight's ability, although here they may have more than one, is Telepathy, for communing with Ep, rather than Trace or Synchronize.

Imprison. I have never used it in the games. But here, it's pretty useful. The Will o' Wisp thing came to me while I was thinking of what to do. Yawn really threw me. Just realized that Ditto getting Imprison would be an absolute murderfest. I was originally going to pull a cheap suicidal Destiny Bond + Healing Wish/Memento gambit, but I figured we could let the battle last a little bit longer. Also, I was too lazy to log in while writing a post so that I could VM you for that.

Actually, frozen doesn't transfer. It's Poison, Burn, and Paralysis. :p The way I imagined it is that they don't actually get burned, but they still feel it's effects as if they were psychically linked to the other Pokemon, or something like that.

I often use Yawn over Hypnosis anyway because it's 100% accurate. (Hypnosis is only 60%. I assume it's because they probably have to make direct eye contact with the target.) If they stay in, they fall asleep. If they don't, I still get a free turn.

Last edited: