• Hi all
    Just a notice, we recently discovered that someone got into a moderator account and started hard deleting a load of key and legacy threads...around 150 threads have been lost dating back to 2007 and some weeks ago so we can't roll the forums back.
    Luckily no personal data could be accessed by this moderator, and we've altered the permissions so hard deleting isn't possible in the future
    Sorry for any inconvenience with this and sorry for any lost posts.
  • Hi all. We had a couple of reports of people's signatures getting edited etc. in a bad way. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and nobody has compromised any of our databases.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar passwords to elsewhere which has been accessed, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords, and two-factor authentication if you are able. Make sure you're as secure as possible
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Theories/ Myths/Creepypasta's

Status
Not open for further replies.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Lavender Town or everything related to it really dealt a psychological blow to me. I couldn't even get to close to that place while thinking about it. In the original games, after I got through Rock Tunnel I only healed my Pokémon briefly at the PokéCentre and soon dashed westwards, towards Saffron.

I'm kinda glad that Lavender's music isn't so scary in FRLGHGSS anymore as opposed to RBY.

craigprime

X&Y Supporter
The "Buried Alive" was the one that actually freaked me out.
"Strangled Red Version" I thought was actually pretty cool sounding, and I wish there was an actual ROM for it. (minus the killing at the end :p)

telivisionhead

Buried alive was pretty creepy. I bet the pokemon makers were like this:
Dude: HEY! In our game at the top of lavender town their is a boss called "buried alive" that is scary and when the player beats him the game freezes
Other dude: .... well..... I uh.... THAT JERK DID IT......*points*
The jerk: -_- just because my name is THE JERK doesn't mean I am a jerk and did that. Also, what are we gonna do? You gotta change it *walks off*
Dude: But what are we gonna change it to?
Other dude: Hmm.... A marowak. Yup, a marowak. I like marowaks.
Dude: Okay I'll quickly change it to a marowak spirit!

The lavender town syndrome is just... O_O.... creepy.. o_O
I saw a video about finding out the "truth" about it and some guy had pokemon blue and his cousion borrowed it. He had it in his pocket when he went into a worn down hospital with his mates. They acted like it was haunted and kept turning pokemon blue on and off to act like it was ghosts. When the dudes cousin returned pokemon blue he kept seeing things like white hand and burried alive in his team.
He also had a ditto, it was a ditto, then an evee, then an arbok then a ditto again while it was in the PC box. Later on the guy figured it out and it spelt DEAD.
After doing research in the hospitol people died and it was called something BLUE.
Later everything in the dudes house that was blue started breaking. His blue pyjamas ripped, his blue jeans broke and his sony DVD player with a BLUE light broke too. '
I don't believe that and I believe that it has nothing to do with the lavender town syndrume. Even though it's sorta creepy. But to prove it wrong I have headphones on my ears as usual on the computer then put the BETA lavander town theme on or the normal lavender town them on in my headphones and nothing happens even though I'm young. But guys, one of the pokemon anime episoudes had lights everywhere and made some kids blind, you really think police will let pokemon get close to making kids comit suiside?

NotSoSkilled

I'm pretty sure Cofagrigus makes Yamasks by eating people. Cofagrigus eats people, Yamasks are deceased human souls, according to the pokedex. It makes sense to assume that Cofagrigus reproduces by eating humans, birthing them as Yamasks, that will evolve into Cofagrigus and repeat the process.

telivisionhead

I think Gary joined team rocket. Yup gary mother darn oak joining team rocket in pokemon.
Here is some reasons
In nugget bridge you encounter/battle gary. On nugget bridge team rocket grunts won't let you pass unless you join team rocket. Gary passed through though.....
Also when you battle gary its's usually close to TEAM ROCKET! In pokemon tower in lavender town he is inside their. And so is team rocket at the top.
Their is the theory of his Raticate dying and he talks about dead pokemon and is standing in front of a grave.
You also encounter gary in the Silph Co. Gary didn;t beat the trainers you did. He was just waiting their for you in front of Giovanni. WANTING TO BATTLE YOU WHEN YOUR TRYING TO TAKE OUT AN EVIL ORGANISATION. Maybe gary was a team rocket member and buyed time for Giovanni to escape.
Then in heart gold and soul silver when Giovanni leaves and the gym leader spot is open. Gary comes running out of champion because he was beaten and heads to being the 8th gym leader in Kanto. WHICH USED TO BE GIOVANNI SPOT..... maybe giovanni wanted Gary to be the gym leader while Giovanni ditches team rocket and the gym.
This is just a theory though. I may be right though....

SBaby

Dungeon Master
My theory is that the Pokémon world is the result of a nuclear war that was fought tens of thousands of years ago, which wiped out virtually all of modern civilization and reduced the world's population to a fraction of what it once was. All of the Pokémon in the world are descendants of normal animals that had their genes mutated by the radiation emitted from the nuclear weapons over thousands of years.

Catstorm

ポケモン トレーナー
Firstly, I would like to heavily defend that Cubone is not a baby Kangaskhan or a screwed-up Charmander.

I think Glameow and Purrloin are related, however. And Alomomola and Luvdisc...

telivisionhead

My theory is in X and Y they would make Tauros evolve into Boufolant. Also my theory is that Meowth will because half psychic and Hoothoot will be psychic/flying. People have theorys that Miltank is gonna evolve or have a pre evo and like boy evolves to tauros and girl evolves into Milktank I defend that it is never going to happen. And if it happens then well, I will be proven wrong.

Garbodor.

My theory is in X and Y they would make Tauros evolve into Boufolant. Also my theory is that Meowth will because half psychic and Hoothoot will be psychic/flying. People have theorys that Miltank is gonna evolve or have a pre evo and like boy evolves to tauros and girl evolves into Milktank I defend that it is never going to happen. And if it happens then well, I will be proven wrong.

I doubt that. Tuaros is a bull and Boufolant as it's name suggests is a buffalo. Also, if you look at their states, why would tauros evolve into boufolant when it's states are not even that much better?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Those aren't really "theories" so much as they are "guesses."

KyuremFreeze

Hello, b0ss
I have a theory about the old chateu and james. in james's biography on serebii, it says he came from a wealthy family from sinnoh. my theory is, when james ran away, his butler was overcome by grief, because he thought he had caused james to run away. as the family of the old chateu critisized him for days, weeks and even months, he decided he would take his own life. the butler then haunted the old chateu for a while and then the family decided the couldnt stand it anymore and left. but the butler was still ovecome by greif, even in the after life and took refuge in the t.v in james's room, waiting for his old master to return...

i have a theory that pokemon made a 9/11 refference in extreme speed gensect. a resident looked up and saw smoke coming frome a tower, and there were two things flying through a city that contained an area called tmes square. my game also once made a dirty joke with a wild luvdisc i encountered.

Catstorm

ポケモン トレーナー

Scolipedeluv

Squad member Ricchan
I have a theory that Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon died when the first tin tower burned down and Ho-oh brought them back as Entei, Raikou and Suicune.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I have a theory that Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon died when the first tin tower burned down and Ho-oh brought them back as Entei, Raikou and Suicune.

1. only post a theory(s) you came up with yourself.

You did not come up with this, and it has been a well-known theory for a long time now.

Sources:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-207220.html
http://www.serebiiforums.com/archive/index.php/t-419999.html
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talk:Burned_Tower

KyuremFreeze

Hello, b0ss
several well known youtubers that post about theorys ( like thegamerfrommars) have used this theory and said they did not come up with that. moneyy is correct.

How does that even...what?
the luvdisc was lvl 69

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The main protagonist left after black/white and before the events of bw2. I theorize that the region he/she went to is kalos. Same with looker.

JiraCool

Not A Bot
Hello Pokemon Trainers.

look at Dunsparce.

Now look at Yanma.

Back to Dunsparce.

And Yanma again.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
The main protagonist left after black/white and before the events of bw2. I theorize that the region he/she went to is kalos. Same with looker.

I totally believe this. I hope it's true, because I want the missing character issue resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.