• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Pokemon Third Generation Fan Club~

Shadow XD001

Hello, and welcome to the Third Generation Fan Club! This is a club for people who love the Third Generation of Pokemon! You may ONLY discuss the 3rd Generation because, this wouldn't be a Third Generation Club if you talked about a different Generation!

Now, now, every club has it's rules and this one is no exception. The Rules are as follows:

1- All Serebii Forums Rules Apply and so do Club Rules
2- Don't bash, flame, troll, or just be flat out rude to anyone or the Third Generation
3- No double, triple, etc. posting. There's an Edit Button for that, although, I can understand if the forums lags. Delete excess posts, though.
4- Use correct grammar. No "hello i wud liek 2 join dis club. ZOMG"
5- ALL topics must be in BOLD
6- All Fan Art must be about the Third Generation and must be credited.
7- No asking to be Co Owners I pick the ones best fit for the job.
8- If you get banned from the Forums, that affects you here, so, if you're banned from the Forums, that's an automatic Strike.
9- HAVE FUN!!! Seriously, if you're not having a good time, PM/VM me and I'll try to help out.
10- Put in your first post (and make it clear) "Hoenn Rules!"
11 (New) - Only 3 topics per day
*Rules subject to change

Members:

Owner Shadow XD001 - 0 Strikes
Member No. 1 Machop Fan - 0 Strikes
Member GolemGuy - 0 Strikes
Member Rosey - 0 Strikes
Member Nido-prince - 0 Strikes

Fan Art:

Striking System:
1 Strike
2 Strikes
3 Strikes (Co Owners become regular Members)
**Co Owner Exclusive - 4 Strikes (then, bans)
Banned for a day
Banned for a week
Banned for a year
Perma- Ban! (You may not come back after this, and I might notify about this)

Banned Members:
None! (please, stay like this. I hate banning people)

Okay, to start thing off, let's go with a Topic!

What do you like about the Third Generation?

List of Third Generation Games:
Pokemon Sapphire & Ruby Versions (GBA) - Released 2003
Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen Versions (GBA) - Released 2004
Pokemon Colosseum (GCN) - Released 2004
Pokemon Emerald Version (GBA) - Released 2005
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN) - Released 2005
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red & Blue (GBA, NDS respectively) - Released 2006

*All Release Dates are US

Last edited:

No. 1 Machop Fan

Hoenn Rules! :D

So yeah, I'd like to join, please.

I like Gen III because it gave us so many unique Pokemon, like Shedinja, Castform and Deoxys. It also gave us Hoenn, the Sevii Islands and BRENDAN! :D

Shadow XD001

You are... Accepted, No. 1 Machop Fan! I hope you have a great time here!

Agreed. Third Generation gave us a bunch of new Pokemon, and places.
Like I stated before, Third Generation gave us a bunch of new Pokemon and places. Emerald was the first Pokemon game to have a (original) Battle Frontier. Also, the Starters were original and very cool as well. The dual-types for Mudkip and Torchic really helped you out in some of the gyms. It was also the first Generation to have remakes and it was of the first games, Red and Green, so that was very nostalgic for the... older players. ;) FireRed and LeafGreen was also good for the younger players (like me) who were like 1 years old/not born when Red, Blue, and Green came out, so it helped up understand the games better, and in better graphics, too!

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
"Pokemon Third Generation Fan Club"

click, read the first post, joinjoinjoin.

Hoenn rules, obviously. Best selection of Pokemon yet (seriously, there's like two I wouldn't consider using on a team), an incredibly awesome Battle Frontier which happens to be the one which introduced the concept in the first place, an incredibly good and innovative story, and high-quality spinoffs with actual storylines distinct from the main games. Yep.

Plus yeah, Brendan is the coolest player yet. Besides Wes/Micheal, who ALSO come from the third gen.

Rosey

Hoenn Rules! It does 8D
Zangoose and Flygon <3333
I feel bad how I never finished Sapphire yet D:
Hoenn is my 2nd pick of faves, I love almost EVERY Pokemon on thar. And I lo-
*Rosey turns into Fangirlsey*
the end.

Shadow XD001

You two, GolemGuy and Rosey are both... Accepted! I hope you have a great time here in this club! Happy posting!

Anyway, a new topic:

What's your favorite Third Generation Game? (this includes the Console ones, as well)
My favorite Third Generation game was Emerald. (Second: FireRed; Third: XD Gale of Darkness) My first Pokemon game was Sapphire and I really enjoyed it, so I got Emerald because it's an enhancement of my first ever Pokemon game, so i really enjoyed Emerald because of that.

NOTE: ADDED A NEW RULE.

No. 1 Machop Fan

What's your favorite Third Generation Game? (this includes the Console ones, as well)

LeafGreen, I'd say. It combines nostalgia with new areas and mechanics. All it needed was time.

Last edited:

Shadow XD001

No. 1 Machop Fan, it could really help if you also put in the topic question in your post, and don't forget to Bold it.

Anyway, you guys can also post your Recent Happenings for any Third Generation game(s) you are currently playing. As for me...

I restarted my Sapphire a few days ago, and I'm currently on my way to Mt. Chimney to stop Team Aqua. I wish I could go in the desert to find me a Trapinch for my team! My team is:

;256; Hephaestus Level 26
Moves:
Scratch
Double Kick
Ember
Peck

;286; Mush Room Level 26
Moves:
Mega Drain
Headbutt
Stun Spore
Mach Punch

;310; Bolt Level 26
Moves:
Quick Attack
Howl
Spark
Shock Wave

Bade Count: 3

So, hopefully can get my 4th Badge with ease, because my Team isn't the best against Flannery, since I can't get a Trapinch until after the Gym Battle. My Water Type is going to be a Corphish, which I will get after I get Surf, so who should my Sixth Pokemon be? So far my Final Team is Blaziken, Manectric, Breloom, Flygon, and Crawdaunt. Help me decided on my Sixth one, but please don't just say *insert Pokemon name here* on your post as that is considered SPAM. Oh, I can't do trades with Ruby, Emerald, or FireRed because I lost my Link Cable...... (I'd really like to trade with FireRed, oh well)

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Shadow XD001, it seems like your bases are mostly covered. Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Ground, Dark, Dragon, and Electric is pretty good coverage, and Fly is taken by the Gon.

I think the types most notably lacking are Normal, Ice, Psychic, and Ghost a little bit. Thus, the Pokemon best suited for your last slot are Pokemon of those types. I recommend Grumpig, as it's Thick Fat abiliy is helpful against Flannery, and you get it just before her.

In any case,

Ack, so many choices. Emerald, MD Blue, and the colo games. Hm... Well, I guess Emerald, as the amount of cool Pokemon is better than the amazing story, and MD Blue's opening is boring.

Shadow XD001

Thanks for the help, GolemGuy! Yeah, I think I will take Grumpig,especially since it helps against Flannery.

Also, I'm going to make another topic, sorry, even though this one seems important:
How do you guys feel about Third Generation Remakes?
I think it should definitely happen. A lot of the "older" players wanted R/G/G/S/C Remakes, and they got that. Ruby and Sapphire are both the only Pokemon GBA games (or at least the only ones without remakes), so it makes sense for them to have Remakes. Plus, that would mean all the Generations of Pokemon are on the DS, thus making PokeDex completion more easier. I'd also like to see Ruby and Sapphire with 3-D aspects (not 3DS aspects, though). Something that really caught my is that the 3DS doesn't have a GBA Slot and the only DS's that do are the Lite and Phat, and I can only guess that 99% of us are getting a 3DS.

Rosey

I plan to make some art work for the club if thats okay.
Also, I'm on the Wii so I can't
do it now dB

Okay, I'm sorry D:
I can't paste stuff, on wii again.
But my favorite is Vendurf (or something like that)
Here is my Sapphire team:
Leafy/ Groville
Rock Tomb
Bullet Seed
Fury Cutter
Cut
Lv 27
Sabea/Breloom
Mach Punch
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Counter
Lv 28
Kadabra
Psy Beam
Confusion
Disable
Flash
Lv 28
Peliper
Water Gun
Wing Attack
Steel Wing
Protect
Lv 29
Note: The next 2 are in training
Tranpinch
Bite
Faint Attack
Strength
Rock Smash
Lv 24
Swablu
Sing
Peck
Secret Power
Astonish
Lv 21
Any tips?
Norman keeps on crushing me D:

Last edited:

Shadow XD001

I plan to make some art work for the club if thats okay.
Also, I'm on the Wii so I can't
do it now dB

Can you please to elaborate on that post? It kind of doesn't relate to Third Generation, so you can add some of the Topics in that post, but I won't give you a Strike... or at least for now.

Anyway, does anybody know of a good place for me to train my Level 20 Trapinch and my Level 25 Spoink? I already have four badges, if that matters.

Rosey

Okay, I edited it.
Sorry, you should put that in tne rules. Anyways, I beat Norman, barely. Sabea was left and killed his Lv 31 Slaking with Mach Punch, I'm so happy.

Shadow XD001

Okay, I edited it.
Sorry, you should put that in tne rules. Anyways, I beat Norman, barely. Sabea was left and killed his Lv 31 Slaking with Mach Punch, I'm so happy.

It actually already is, because it ties in with the Club Rules and Serebii General Rules, which we all should have read when we first registered here.

Anyway, I went to Rustboro and got the Exp. Share, which I put on Quake. (Level 20 Trapinch) He should have a few more level up when I beat Norman. Also, when I beat Norman I'll be getting a Corphish, my sixth team member!

Nidoprince

Hey, I remember making this! Unfortunatly it died :( I don't know why people don't think HOENN RULES, because it really does. IMO, this was the best generation of Pokemon. Probably because I joined around gen 3. The primary reason I like the 3rd generation and most people will agree with me is the Battle Frontier. The BF has to be the coolest adition to Pokemon in history. Without it, non-competitive players like me would never have fun after beating the storyline.

Rosey

Alright, Shadow
I noticed buuut,
If you evolve Tranpinch into Vibrava its Attack is lowered and then comes back when it turns into Flygon.
Also where do you get the VS. Seeker at?

Shadow XD001

You are accepted.... Nido-prince! Haha, I didn't even realize there was a previous version of this club! (although dead) Do I have to put in the Club name that it's the second version?

Rosey, it is? Well, I'm okay with that, since it would only be a Vibrava for 10 Levels.

What's a good place to train in FireRed? I haven't battled the Elite 4 yet, but my Team is in the early 40s, so I'd want to train them up quite a bit. (after I beat Sapphire)

My team is Venusaur, Arcanine, Raichu, Vaporeon, Pidgeot, and Hitmonchan. I should be able to beat Lorelei, though.

Also, you guys know you can make topics, right? (Limited to three per day)

Shadow XD001

Hmm, I'm not really too sure that picture is under the signature limit for this website....

Anyway, I beat Norman! It was pretty easy, and Quake (Trapinch) is Level 24 now! When I get Corphish, I'll train my Team up, because they need it! Speaking of Corphish, I saw on the PokeDex on Serebii.net that Corphish's are available by the water areas at Petalburg, Route 117, and Route 102. In all of those routes do I have to fish to get it, or can I also swim there? I gave a Makuhita Surf, until I catch Corphish.

Nidoprince

No, Shadow, because I made the Hoenn club, you made the 3rd generation club.

Again, BF, with reasons stated before. I also like the field sprites. The male trainer was the best out of any generation.

I might continue my Sapphire version. I quit after being trashed by Norman with my team of Grovyle, Sableye, Manectric, and some other weak stuff.

Last edited: