1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon to get gigantamax in Sinnoh remakes if they happen

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Mega Ampharos the Dragon, Feb 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Mega Ampharos the Dragon Electric type Enthusiast

What gigantamax forms do you think would be created for Sinnoh remakes if they happen? I have a list of Pokemon I honestly think should get G-Max formes in Sinnoh.

Empoleon, Infernape, Torterra - Obviosly
    Staraptor - Why would Corviknight get one while Staraptor doesn't
    Bastiodon, Rampardos - Gym reasons
    Roserade - Gym reasons
    Lucario - Fan favorite 4th gen Pokemon
    Floatzel - Gym reasons
    Abomasnow - Gym reasons
    Luxray - Early game pokemon
    Garchomp - Why would Cynthia not have a main that Gmaxes?
    Drapion - Elite 4 reasons
    Hippowdon - Elite 4 reasons
    Bronzong - Elite 4 reasons
    Weavile - Epic boss battle reasons
    Toxicroak - Saturn's main
    Skuntank - Jupiter's main
    Purugly - Mars' main

2. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NE-Let's just appreciate this for this week

More important, how are they going to explain and use Dyna/Giganta in Sinnoh?

Ophie likes this.
  3. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Probably the same way of how they explained Megan’s in ORAS’ version of Hoenn. The version of Sinnoh we know and love take place in an alternate timeline where Dyna/Giganta Max forms and the Fairy typing never existed.

Ophie likes this.
  4. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Garchomp 100%. Gengar and Charizard had Megas and got Gigantimax forms so that ain't stopping Garchomp
    It sure is going to be bizarre seeing the Sinnoh starters get an gimmick form while the Johto starters still don't have one, it'd be nice if they throw them in too.

5. Det. Viper

Det. Viper That’s Detective Viper to you

Isn’t it stated during the story of Sword and Shield that dynamax only exists in the Galar region? So there would be a lot of backtracking and explanations to be made if Sinnoh suddenly has that ability especially since the events of Generation IV occur roughly 15 or so years prior to the events of Generation VIII. So that would mean that in 15 years there has been zero communication between the two regions. But I could be getting way too far into logistics here.

6. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Probably the Sinnoh starters, obviously. Along with Giratina, as part of the post-game story. Dialga and Palkia would probably get new formes instead.

7. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

I mentioned it in the DLC topic, but I'd like to see Gigantamax Drifblim, which would be based on a blimp or zeppelin.

KenzeyEevee likes this.