• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Trading Card Game (GB)

The Mighty Wurmple

If anyone here has one of the Trading Card games, you can reply here with your recent happening, your deck, or whatever you want, as long as it has to do with the TCG for Gameboy, not the actual cards.

Anyway, I just restarted the game 3 hours ago and I have 4 medals, Science, Fire, Water and Rock.
I chose the Bulbasaur and Friends deck.

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I was at the point were i was dueling the grand masters but my deleated it's self for some reason. I was really peeved about that I had awsome decks and everything. I'm currently won my first medal (water).

The Mighty Wurmple

Oh well :/

I went throught the whole game and I couldn't even get a Nidoking!
Someone replied finally!

Emeralda

plays with spoons
I get up to 225/226 cards in about 2 days. I always choose the Blastoise and Friends deck; it allows me to build a rain dance deck more quickly.

I always miss the tournament for Lily Pad Mew, and I have never found anyone else with the game to get the hidden cards with. (Venasaur and Mew)

It's a top quality game IMO.

Unstoppale deck on the game has to be the Mewtwo plus 59 energy one. Only Gambler card can beat it consistently.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I loved that game! ;0; I can't find my copy now, but.....OMG. Most of the Club Masters were hot. XD Especially Isaac and Rick, ohmygod HOT. And I totaly crushed on some of the club members too, especially Brandon in the Lightning Club and Erik in the Science Club. X333 *likes glasses, can ya tell?*

And Steve was really hot too.

And Rod looked like Falkner. :x

DAMMIT I WANNA FIND THAT GAME NOW. I <3 the Lightning and Science clubs. Srsly.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
It's been so long since I played. It got a little boring since I got every card several times over, and beat the Grand Masters a ton of times. Still, it was fun while it lasted.

Colonel said:
Is the reason why the sequel was never translated because the first game didnt sell well?
The sequel was most likely never translated because there were cards in that game that never got outside of Japan. Still, they could have just said they were "GB only" cards like they did on the old one with some of the promos.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Whoa, there was a sequel in Japan? Did it feature the Neo sets or was it simply a rehash of the first game with a few new cards?

Anyway, this was indeed a top-notch game. I still remember that the first time I fought Grand Master Rod I used an Onix card to stall him out.

Guy

I don't know!
Pokemon Trading Card Game?!?!?!? I LOVE THAT GAME! I'm still stuck with 218/226 cards. I have every promo, now I just need some booster pack luck... but I'm focusing right now on building the Strange Psyshock Deck. Just need a few more cards. And what's this about 59 energy and a Mewtwo?
EDIT: In my old game, it continually got deleted. Once, at Rod, and once, after I got 8 medals...
EDIT: My decks consist of:
The Psychic Machamp Deck
Sailor's Rage Deck, which has lots of Water and Fighting Pokemon, including normal Articuno
ESP Deck, an all-Psychic Deck with Promo Mewtwo and Haunter as the main Pokemon
Discharge Disaster Deck, an Electric and Fighting deck with Legendary Zapdos, and a working use for Imakuni? (temporarily stopping Aerodactyl's Prehistoric Power, letting me evolve something, and retreat)
Legendary Fire and Ice Deck, with the types in it alreayd explained, and Legendary Articuno and Moltres. Also includes GB Flareon and Vaporeon, plus Blastoise

Last edited:

Emeralda

plays with spoons
the 59 Psychic Energy + Mewtwo (Base Set) deck works against virtually every deck in the game. Only Cards like Gambler really stop it. It's broken in the real world now though. What you do is attach 2 Psychic energy to Mewtwo and continually use Barrier. Eventually you'll deck your opponent because everyone in the game has a deck search or drawing card that puts the number of cards i their deck below yours. You could be really unlucky and be paralyzed 6 times in a row and lose of course... Mewtwo can normally take up to 2 hits at the start of the game, by then you'll have your energy on it, and Barrrier away. Takes a lot of draws to get to Mewtwo though. It got me the Legendary cards over and over.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
My decks:

Psychic Shocker!-Psychic and Lightning, with some Fire for emergencies.
Flame of Confusion-Fire and Psychic, with some Lightning for emergencies.

Guy

I don't know!
Emeralda said:
the 59 Psychic Energy + Mewtwo (Base Set) deck works against virtually every deck in the game. Only Cards like Gambler really stop it. It's broken in the real world now though. What you do is attach 2 Psychic energy to Mewtwo and continually use Barrier. Eventually you'll deck your opponent because everyone in the game has a deck search or drawing card that puts the number of cards i their deck below yours. You could be really unlucky and be paralyzed 6 times in a row and lose of course... Mewtwo can normally take up to 2 hits at the start of the game, by then you'll have your energy on it, and Barrrier away. Takes a lot of draws to get to Mewtwo though. It got me the Legendary cards over and over.
How can Gambler stop it? Wouldn't it help you win if anything?

I've got it. I disliked how the base decks in the machine changed during the game.

Cap D. Blue

ボルトチェンジ
Ah, nostalgia. :D

One of my favorite games of all time. Somehow, it was easier to do after a few restarts...

My card album: 225/226 I'm missing one of the lv: 60 Mewtwos...

Favorite Decks:
PK Thunder - An Electric/Psychic mix used against Imakuni?
Artic Storm - A Water deck that's built so I can get out big cards like Articuno and Blastoise with plenty of Energy.

Pikachu

NW Tourney Winner
That game is how I learned how to play Pokemon TCG. I never got to beat the game, though. It kept getting erased.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Guy said:
How can Gambler stop it? Wouldn't it help you win if anything?
Gambler can stop it because if they have 10 cards in their hand and have 5 less cards in their deck that you, play Gambler, and get tails, then they will have 4 more cards in their deck than you.

I never used strategies like that, mainly because I never thought of them. :p There was one deck that I used a lot made mostly of water types, but it beat almost every deck.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
^ Oh my, I remember that strategy. I actually used it in real life to win a game once! I held Gambler for about a dozen turns until I drew my last card, then threw it down and flipped. Never was I happier to see a tails come up because it refilled my deck and won me the game.

My opponent was steamed at that trick and tried to force the Gym Leader of the TCG League not to give me my victory points, but after a bit of debate it was decided I won fair and square.

Guy

I don't know!
Chaos Emerald said:
Gambler can stop it because if they have 10 cards in their hand and have 5 less cards in their deck that you, play Gambler, and get tails, then they will have 4 more cards in their deck than you.

I never used strategies like that, mainly because I never thought of them. :p There was one deck that I used a lot made mostly of water types, but it beat almost every deck.
Oh! I thought you had to discard your hand, not shuffle it into your deck!